Top 5 Crawl Grifts

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Dungeon Master

Post Saturday, 27th February 2016, 01:57

Top 5 Crawl Grifts

The denizens of the dungeon are an untrustworthy lot, often conning innocent adventurers out of their hard-earned goods using clever ruses. Here are some of the most popular grifts used by these crafty and duplicitous monsters.

The Treasure Trove

The adventurer finds a portal with a hand-written sign outside. The sign indicates that there is treasure outside, but that to enter the adventurer must leave behind a valuable item. The adventurer, lured by imagination of riches, leaves behind valuables behind and enters the portal, where piles of rocks and discarded robes are arranged to draw a giant penis. Upon leaving the portal, the valuables are missing.

The Ring of Slaying

The adventurer stumbles on a gnoll. The gnoll confides in the player that it is missing its ring of slaying, which it surely dropped near by. The gnoll then falls down a shaft. The player finds an artefact ring nearby and puts it on. The ring turns out to have *Contam. 10 years later, the adventurer dies of cancer.

The Briefcase Switch

A pair of ogres approach the adventurer, each bearing a briefcase. The first ogre introduces himself as Lionel Bermingham, noted attorney, and the second ogre introduces herself as Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg. The pair inform the adventurer that their briefcases contain an inheritance that the adventurer has won, but in order to secure the gold, the adventurer must give the legal ogres a small deposit. The adventurer gives over the deposit, which Lionel stores in his briefcase. The adventurer then asks whether that was meant to be the briefcase containing the inheritance, at which point Justice Ginsburg informs the adventurer that briefcases do not in fact exist, and also that Lionel Bermingam died years previously.

The Spellbook of Necromutation

Self-explanatory.

The Albanian Child

A goblin is in a locked room with a wand clearly labeled "wand of healing". The goblin pleads with the adventurer to not to release it or else it will be forced to use the wand against the adventurer. The greedy adventurer opens the door, expecting to be healed. However, the wand is actually a wand of acid. Also, this is not the dungeon, but is actually Cocytus, and the goblin is Antaeus in a wig made to look like an Albanian child.

For this message the author Lasty has received thanks: 5
nago, prozacelf, Rast, Sar, WalkerBoh

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 27th February 2016, 02:13

Re: Top 5 Crawl Grifts

technically not a tier list I guess

Tomb Titivator

Post Saturday, 27th February 2016, 07:21

Re: Top 5 Crawl Grifts

duvessa wrote:technically not a tier list I guess

Meaning it's an A on my tier list

For this message the author ZipZipskins has received thanks: