Let's Keep Tiering things, Amulets!

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Dis Charger

Post Monday, 22nd February 2016, 02:07

Let's Keep Tiering things, Amulets!

What's your opinion on the current list of amulets (in trunk)? Here's my list, best to worst:

Guardian Spirit
Mana Regeneration
+3-6 Reflection
Rage
Faith
Gourmand
Regeneration
+1-2 Reflection
Nothing/No Amulet
Harm
Inaccuracy
Dismissal
Last edited by bcadren on Monday, 22nd February 2016, 02:17, edited 2 times in total.
I'm beginning to feel like a Cat God! Felid streaks: {FeVM^Sif Muna, FeWn^Dithmenos, FeAr^Pakellas}, {FeEE^Ashenzari, FeEn^Gozag, FeNe^Sif Muna, FeAE^Vehumet...(ongoing)}

Sar

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 22nd February 2016, 02:14

Re: Let's Keep Tiering things, Amulets!

That's an interesting list, considering mana regen doesn't do anything of value to a lot of characters...

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 22nd February 2016, 02:19

SS tier: faith
S tier: spirit, rage
A tier: SH
shit tier: everything else

For this message the author duvessa has received thanks:
nago

Dis Charger

Post Tuesday, 23rd February 2016, 21:39

Sar wrote:That's an interesting list, considering mana regen doesn't do anything of value to a lot of characters...
Ehh that's like saying Vehumet is bad for Minotaurs, IMHO.
I'm beginning to feel like a Cat God! Felid streaks: {FeVM^Sif Muna, FeWn^Dithmenos, FeAr^Pakellas}, {FeEE^Ashenzari, FeEn^Gozag, FeNe^Sif Muna, FeAE^Vehumet...(ongoing)}

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 23rd February 2016, 21:44

vehumet is bad for everyone, just like mana regen amulet

For this message the author duvessa has received thanks:
nago

Sar

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 23rd February 2016, 22:15

I mean, what kind of char would you even use MRegen on? One that does use spells a lot (probably combat conjurations) but doesn't follow Sif or Veh I guess? Maybe one that has spirit in another slot?

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Tuesday, 23rd February 2016, 22:39

Sar wrote:I mean, what kind of char would you even use MRegen on? One that does use spells a lot (probably combat conjurations) but doesn't follow Sif or Veh I guess? Maybe one that has spirit in another slot?

I used it on a DESu ^ Sif through the whole game. I would channel up to about 70% MP, then let the rest recover from the increased regen. Or, if I was in a fairly safe situation, I wouldn't bother channeling. In the 14 rune game, I pressed "a a" 4,741 times over 101,931 turns. I looked up a 15 rune comborobin MuEE and he pressed "a a" 16,259 times over 121,722 turns. Granted, Mu has no hunger disincentive to channeling, though that was rarely a consideration for my DE either. Though, thinking about it now, not needing to eat while channeling means a mummy could easily use a single key "channel X times" macro, which could explain the quantity of channels.

So perhaps it isn't a great choice stategically, but hopefully it helped reduce long-term strain on my pinky finger.

For this message the author Jarlyk has received thanks:
Sar

Dis Charger

Post Tuesday, 23rd February 2016, 23:18

It close to doubles regeneration on most characters...Anyone that casts a lot could use it (Sif/Vehu or not); amount is enough to get an extra cast or two before needing to channel.

Vestibule Violator

Post Wednesday, 24th February 2016, 10:15

MRegen Amulet can potentially help cut time on turn-based speed runs.

Also, a nice amulet for people who find satisfaction in blasting their way through lots of enemies without stopping to rest.

Obviously not very effective for an optimal win rate playstyle, but it has its usefulness in its own niche way.
To all new players: Ignore all strategy guides posted on the wiki, ask questions in the Advice forum, players with lots of posts normally have the best advice.

crawl.akrasiac.org:8080 <- take this link to play online or spectate.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Friday, 26th February 2016, 15:14

Mregen means half the laps around the pillar before I can attempt another miscast!

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Saturday, 27th February 2016, 05:09

The hard part of the game is d:1-6, and rage and regen are the best amulets there.

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner