[proclick] bcrawl fork

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Halls Hopper

Post Tuesday, 11th December 2018, 20:55

[proclick] bcrawl fork

X-Crawl development stalled after it replaced all stairs with hatches. I didn't like that, and I had some pull requests sitting around, so I made my own fork.
Here are the changes and here's a Windows build.

some new stuff not in X-Crawl:
- I've merged the mainline DCSS changes, but without exploration traps
- Warper and Arcane Marksman are completely reworked, with new spells added for them. (based on Doesnty's work)
- the Reaver background, a melee start of Vehumet
- Hill Orc uses Fighting as its skill for all weapons
- Ozocubu's Armour is reworked
- Long Blades give +SH instead of a chance to riposte
- Vaults has 3 floors and Orc has 1 floor

For this message the author bhauth has received thanks:
chequers

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 11th December 2018, 22:14

Re: [proclick] bcrawl fork

Sorry, but could you name the Vehumet start something other than Reaver? Reaver used to be a background in Crawl and imo it would be better to name this one something else, as it is a different background.

Otherwise, thumbs up for the fork, forks are good for the game.
...SENeGEFEMDBeDDFiHOWzVpVMHuEE{HEMoDEHuDDAs}{HaBeKoAK}CeVM{MfWnMiAK}TeAMDrIE{FoVMVSFi}
{MuVMGhGlVpMo}HaWrSpWz{OgGlTrMo}{CeWnMfBeMiSk}DrEE{GrFiFoGl}DgEnFeNe{OpGlHuSu}
DDArHaCKSpAEGrTmDgFEDsCjGhMoHuVM{HaAMBaEn}{HuMoHOWn}DsWzDDHu{DgWnGnBe}FeIE{MiEnMfCj}SpNe

Pandemonium Purger

Post Wednesday, 12th December 2018, 06:38

If you call this bcrawl, you should implement all the ideas from bcadren, including (but not limited to) polearms attacking in 127 directions & Lohan race (Mike, Lindsay, whoever else is else in still alive in that fam)
seattle washington. friends for life. mods hate on me and devs ignore my posts. creater of exoelfs and dc:pt

Pandemonium Purger

Post Wednesday, 12th December 2018, 06:47

oh I remembered wrong, according to learndb bcrawl has for planned features:

1. rn-, level 6 evap, arachnetaur, yred revenant gifts, water magic, perma-enslave, imp race, dual wielding, fruit reform, blinkitis, fe^nem unique, felid monsters in general, bdsm god, jotunn race, revival of dj, undead can worship good gods, tree race that can't use 1h weapons, acid brand, un-unranding salamander hide

2. 27 "b" slot gods (one for every race), sidequests, felid annhilators, plain-type damage, !borg, !ddoor, ruin tomb, distortion unrands, 0.6 AM, demons that worship chei, everyone has EP, ruin spider, player ghost moths, elf dragons, ruin pan, mass haste, wand destruction, acid magic, revive forest, continuum sized labs, buff Tr, werewolf race, !acid

3. three dimentional movement, 26 movement commands, 124 different attackable polearm directions, underwater branch that only octopodes and merfolk can access

4. planned unfeatures: everything that makes crawl fun

5. Weirder and more complicated isn't necessarily bad; I think this is interesting.

Do all of this or find another suitable name
seattle washington. friends for life. mods hate on me and devs ignore my posts. creater of exoelfs and dc:pt

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner