Cruel!

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Blades Runner

Post Saturday, 18th June 2011, 16:11

Cruel!

Whoever designed that, i hate you! :lol:
(on d2, no less)

cruel.png
cruel.png (65.2 KiB) Viewed 2176 times
Check out my characters at Spielersofa (in German)

Abyss Ambulator

Post Saturday, 18th June 2011, 16:50

Re: Cruel!

I guess if you just keep repeatedly walking into the traps, the teleport will eventually land you by the altar.

Blades Runner

Post Saturday, 18th June 2011, 17:28

Jeremiah wrote:I guess if you just keep repeatedly walking into the traps, the teleport will eventually land you by the altar.

Question is: Would this have happened before the Centaur Captains showed up or my little Elf collapsed from hunger?
I hoped for a blink scroll, but neither of the ones i carried was one.
Died some time later, but still...
(The new crusader spellbook makes the first levels enormously harder, berserk was a nice i-win spell :( )
Check out my characters at Spielersofa (in German)

Vestibule Violator

Post Saturday, 18th June 2011, 17:41

Random tele is not your friend. Getting into the room that way could take a while.

Better options: ctele, blinking, digging (if the walls allow it), stasis, applying an earth elemental stone to the wall...

And if you lack any of those options, just moving on and taking a different god. :p

Swamp Slogger

Post Tuesday, 21st June 2011, 18:39

mageykun wrote:Random tele is not your friend. Getting into the room that way could take a while.

Better options: ctele, blinking, digging (if the walls allow it), stasis, applying an earth elemental stone to the wall...

And if you lack any of those options, just moving on and taking a different god. :p

Disintegration would work as well, no? (With those walls anyway.)

Or come back later if you find some combination of those things withing 5 or 6 levels or so. Teleport roulette really isn't your friend with an area that small.

When I play I keep a sticky note on my laptop with a 'go back for' list. And occasionally a pre-dig list for the most tedious spiralling level layouts. I lost a character on the ascent because of a level that looked like 'egypt.bmp' from Windows 3.1.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Tuesday, 21st June 2011, 19:11

Shade wrote:When I play I keep a sticky note on my laptop with a 'go back for' list. And occasionally a pre-dig list for the most tedious spiralling level layouts.

I use "!" to mark the levels that have things to go back for, and I check the list with ctrl-o when I finish the branch I'm on or get reliable digging/teleporting/levitation. I can check that list from whatever computer I'm playing on instead of the one with the post-it.

For this message the author jejorda2 has received thanks:
Shade

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 22nd June 2011, 10:10

Word. ! and ctrl-o are your Crawling friends.

Swamp Slogger

Post Thursday, 23rd June 2011, 12:01

jejorda2 wrote:
Shade wrote:When I play I keep a sticky note on my laptop with a 'go back for' list. And occasionally a pre-dig list for the most tedious spiralling level layouts.

I use "!" to mark the levels that have things to go back for, and I check the list with ctrl-o when I finish the branch I'm on or get reliable digging/teleporting/levitation. I can check that list from whatever computer I'm playing on instead of the one with the post-it.

I play tiles locally, so portability isn't much of an issue. My sticky note thing goes back so far that I don't use ingame note features in any game... Save for levers in Dwarf Fortress. I should really try to break myself of the habit.

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner