FR: Make Sniper never miss.

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Swamp Slogger

Post Monday, 25th January 2016, 23:37

FR: Make Sniper never miss.

The unrand +15 "heavy crossbow" Sniper {velocity, SInv} has a mindelay of 1.3~1.4 at 27 Crossbows, at the base damage of a Triple crossbow (making it significantly worse than a normal Triple). Triples aren't exactly hard to get during any given game, and any Triple would be better than Sniper, so I propose a buff to make Sniper unique: Make the bolts always hit, regardless if an enemy is invisible or has extremely high EV.

For this message the author Hurricos has received thanks: 5
duvessa, kuniqs, nago, Sar, WingedEspeon

Dis Charger

Post Tuesday, 26th January 2016, 00:32

Re: FR: Make Sniper never miss.

"make never miss" is probably not enough of a buff. I mean sense it's an Arbalest and it can be used by small races...BUT it's bad for large races; like using the Dark Maul can be good for normal-size races; but it's shit compared to a GSC for a large race.
I'm beginning to feel like a Cat God! Felid streaks: {FeVM^Sif Muna, FeWn^Dithmenos, FeAr^Pakellas}, {FeEE^Ashenzari, FeEn^Gozag, FeNe^Sif Muna, FeAE^Vehumet...(ongoing)}

Swamp Slogger

Post Tuesday, 26th January 2016, 01:36

Missing happens enough that I think it would be a well-deserved buff.

It is a Triple crossbow, not an arbalest. (Spriggans can't use it.)

Dis Charger

Post Tuesday, 26th January 2016, 03:26

Maybe permanent PProj or a larger damage boost (like aforementioned Dark Maul)? I do agree it's trash now. Is it worth saving though?
I'm beginning to feel like a Cat God! Felid streaks: {FeVM^Sif Muna, FeWn^Dithmenos, FeAr^Pakellas}, {FeEE^Ashenzari, FeEn^Gozag, FeNe^Sif Muna, FeAE^Vehumet...(ongoing)}

Swamp Slogger

Post Tuesday, 26th January 2016, 17:19

bcadren wrote:Maybe permanent PProj or a larger damage boost (like aforementioned Dark Maul)? I do agree it's trash now. Is it worth saving though?

Sure. Unrands are meant to be interesting.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 26th January 2016, 21:12

As in, is it worth saving as opposed to removing it. There are probably too many fixedarts as it is, and this one might not deserve to continue existing.

Abyss Ambulator

Post Tuesday, 26th January 2016, 21:51

Fixedarts should be exciting with fairly high variety though- someone who doesn't usually win MIGHT see one a game at most, and seeing the same one over and over again would be annoying as heck.
Three wins: Gargoyle Earth Elementalist of Ash, Ogre Fighter of Ru, Deep Dwarf Fighter of Makhleb (0.16 bugbuild :( )

Dis Charger

Post Tuesday, 26th January 2016, 23:40

duvessa wrote:There are probably too many fixedarts as it is, and this one might not deserve to continue existing.
I'll disagree slightly. I don't think there CAN be too many fixedArts as long as the amount of them the player is likely to have by X point in the game that are actually usable by the player stays flat.

Shoals Surfer

Post Wednesday, 27th January 2016, 20:17

I got two words for Sniper revamps: Ranged Stabbing.
Spoiler: show
Psst, hey kid... you like roguelikes?

For this message the author wizzzargh has received thanks: 2
Octopode-monk-of-XOM, Rast

Tomb Titivator

Post Wednesday, 27th January 2016, 21:02

bcadren wrote:
duvessa wrote:There are probably too many fixedarts as it is, and this one might not deserve to continue existing.
I'll disagree slightly. I don't think there CAN be too many fixedArts as long as the amount of them the player is likely to have by X point in the game that are actually usable by the player stays flat.

You mean 0?

For this message the author ZipZipskins has received thanks:
ydeve

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner