Ur (God Thought Experiment)

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Dis Charger

Post Friday, 8th January 2016, 18:04

Ur (God Thought Experiment)

This is straight up a brainstorm and not a proposal. Occasionally I like to think about what the OPPOSITE of a current crawl god would be like. In this case; Ur, the opposite of Ru.

The core focus of Ur are "deals". When you make a deal with Ur, you get a permanent (Good) mutation; at the cost of something (generally current level, skill points or a negative associated with the mutation.) The positive mutations you get from Ur are permanent; even if you leave the god; as are the costs paid. In addition to the immediate cost paid; every deal you take increases your piety with Ur, which will decay slowly on kills only. Higher Ur piety makes enemies in the dungeon harder; worth more XP, but harder. You cannot leave Ur, unless you have no piety with him.

[That's literally a thought. I'm not really expanding on it right now.]
I'm beginning to feel like a Cat God! Felid streaks: {FeVM^Sif Muna, FeWn^Dithmenos, FeAr^Pakellas}, {FeEE^Ashenzari, FeEn^Gozag, FeNe^Sif Muna, FeAE^Vehumet...(ongoing)}

Zot Zealot

Post Friday, 8th January 2016, 19:21

bcadren wrote:Occasionally I like to think about what the OPPOSITE of a current crawl god would be like.

Sodairbiehc, god of speed

Appreciates
Killing creatures that are slower than you

Deprecates
Decreasing your speed by any means: this includes wands of slowing, ponderous armour etc.

Given Abilities
  • Piety Level -:
    Lowers the support of your attributes: Sodairbiehc decreases your Strength, Dexterity, and Intelligence as your piety increases. Each stat decrease comes with an incremental increase in your movement speed. At maximum piety you receive -15 to all stats, and your movement speed is doubled.
  • Piety Level ****:
    Ouch: Damages everything in LOS that's slower than you
  • Piety Level *****:
    Step In Time: Moves you into the middle of dangerous monsters and lets time pass. During that time, monsters may attack and even kill you.

For this message the author Turukano has received thanks: 2
archaeo, ydeve

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 8th January 2016, 21:01

Re: Ur (God Thought Experiment)

Being able to get a good mutation in exchange for current exp/skill levels would build up over time to become very, very powerful as you eventually replace the experience. Not that it couldn't be balanced, but it definitely has the potential to get out of hand fairly easily.

Solution: Steal Sodairbiehc's Step In Time ability, to cause Ur followers to have a method of dying.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Friday, 8th January 2016, 21:13

The Dark One.

Likes when you are a total primitive asshole, run around hitting defenseless creatures, poisoning them and commiting cannibalism.
You shall never see my color again.

For this message the author dynast has received thanks:
bcadren

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 9th January 2016, 04:31

Anit-Cheribdos Diety - Like the killing of slower creatures, promotes the use of quickblades, branded speed weapons, and boots of running. Dislikes the use of any slowing rods/spells on anything, amulets of stasis, use of ponderous equipment, and resting (lose 1 piety every 25 turns while resting).
Abilities: Speeds up metabolism and regeneration with piety. Reduces action time as piety increases (max reduction 0.2 turns).
Reckless Charge - Dashes towards a target at a rapid pace dealing extra damage per tile traveled and comparative size. Max Range = 4 tiles, can miss, next round of creature melee/range attacks can deal extra damage. Cost - Hunger, 4 mp, piety, exhaustion
Stab and Run - Attack an adjacent target and move once space away from it. Can make a creature swap tiles with you if there is one in the retreat space. Cost - minor hunger, 2mp
1000 blades - A random and unfocused attack that randomly strikes adjacent tiles. Number of attacks range from 100 to 1000. Each strike does only 1 damage. Cost - Hunger, 10mp, piety

Let me know what you like, dislike, and any possible suggestions on developing these ideas further.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Saturday, 9th January 2016, 04:38

I suggest not developing these ideas further. These gods seem uninteresting, and extremely overpowered.

I think your approach of coming up with a unifying theme first, then filling in the gameplay, is good. But the theme's aren't fleshed out at all (fast god), and the abilities you come up with are pretty bad in my opinion.
take it easy

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 9th January 2016, 04:43

Arrhythmia wrote:I suggest not developing these ideas further. These gods seem uninteresting, and extremely overpowered.

I think your approach of coming up with a unifying theme first, then filling in the gameplay, is good. But the theme's aren't fleshed out at all (fast god), and the abilities you come up with are pretty bad in my opinion.

Your comments are very uninteresting, unhelpful and destructive. The archer diety has no high power damage like Slouch (which can be considered game breaking). It has some decent escape defence abilities and some helpful attacks. Do you think short term paralysis is overpowered even if creatures can resist it? Do you think the random moving of adjacent creatures will save you from the elven armies at the bottom of the elven halls? The only real overpowered one would be the Anti-Cheribdos, but even the damage of the 1000 blades (as unpredictable as it could be) is nowhere near the power of Slouch.

I want constructive advice that promotes creativity, not dismissal and outright stubborn rejection.

For this message the author duvessa has received thanks:
Arrhythmia

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 9th January 2016, 15:47

I knew this was going to happen...
DCSS: 97:...MfCj}SpNeBaEEGrFE{HaAKTrCK}DsFESpHu{FoArNaBe}
FeEE{HOIEMiAE}GrGlHuWrGnWrNaAKBaFi{MiDeMfDe}{DrAKTrAMGhEnGnWz}
{PaBeDjFi}OgAKPaCAGnCjOgCKMfAEAtCKSpCjDEEE{HOSu
Bloat: 17: RaRoPrPh{GuStGnCa}{ArEtZoNb}KiPaAnDrBXDBQOApDaMeAGBiOCNKAsFnFlUs{RoBoNeWi

Dungeon Master

Post Sunday, 10th January 2016, 00:30

what would tavern be without copypasta

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner