Tentacled Body

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Dis Charger

Post Monday, 21st December 2015, 07:48

Tentacled Body

Spell idea: Tentacled Body - Tmut (5) - Your body turns into a mass of tentacles. [HP+20%. Misshapen Body I. Ogre-Size. Melds Boots/Gloves. Hat/Helmet; Armour, Shield and Cloak stay on. Weapon remains wielded.] You get a spellpower dependent number of extra auxilliary attacks (all base 6). If any of the aux attacks hit you constrict that target. You may constrict ANYTHING (regardless of size, though not immaterial things [Orbs of Fire, etc.])

IDK Just an idea for a Tmut spell that would work well for non-UC users.
I'm beginning to feel like a Cat God! Felid streaks: {FeVM^Sif Muna, FeWn^Dithmenos, FeAr^Pakellas}, {FeEE^Ashenzari, FeEn^Gozag, FeNe^Sif Muna, FeAE^Vehumet...(ongoing)}

Shoals Surfer

Post Monday, 21st December 2015, 08:14

Re: Tentacled Body

Statue and Lich Form both work fine for people without UC.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 21st December 2015, 15:30

statue form and necromutation are useless for people without UC (and necromutation is useless for people with UC too)

Mines Malingerer

Post Monday, 21st December 2015, 15:35

duvessa wrote:statue form and necromutation are useless for people without UC (and necromutation is useless for people with UC too)

And so it begins!

Tomb Titivator

Post Monday, 21st December 2015, 21:55

Man the title of this thread was sure something I was ready to pretend to be excited by to get a reaction out of people, but then I clicked on it and I realized it wouldn't have been funny

Shoals Surfer

Post Monday, 21st December 2015, 22:39

Statue Form's bonuses work for any melee attacker. Whether they're worth the drawbacks depends on the character and situation.
And yes Necromutation is a bad spell. Fair enough.
As for this spell, it seems like a fixed number of slaps with scaling damage would be more effective than a bunch of low damage attacks that struggle against anything with good AC. Then again you also get constriction, which partialy ignores AC, so maybe it's fine.

Abyss Ambulator

Post Tuesday, 22nd December 2015, 05:07

Let's move Necromutation down to level 6 or 5 if it's that bad :^)
remove food

For this message the author tabstorm has received thanks: 3
cerebovssquire, duvessa, ydeve

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 22nd December 2015, 06:07

tabstorm wrote:Let's move Necromutation down to level 6 or 5 if it's that bad :^)
It is.
Viashino_wizard wrote:Statue Form's bonuses work for any melee attacker. Whether they're worth the drawbacks depends on the character and situation.
If you are not unarmed, statue form's damage bonus only makes you break even before the effects of AC and overkill (1.5x damage, 1.5x delay).

For this message the author duvessa has received thanks:
cerebovssquire

Pandemonium Purger

Post Tuesday, 22nd December 2015, 06:19

duvessa wrote:
tabstorm wrote:Let's move Necromutation down to level 6 or 5 if it's that bad :^)
It is.

What is so bad about necromutation? It grants 5 AC and doesn't meld any gear.
http://crawl.akrasiac.org/scoring/playe ... speon.html. I started playing in 0.16.1
I achieved greatplayer in less than a year.
Remove food

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 22nd December 2015, 06:36

WingedEspeon wrote:
duvessa wrote:
It is.

I hear potions are pretty good.

Sar

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 22nd December 2015, 06:54

potions are for bad players who need crutches to win

Pandemonium Purger

Post Tuesday, 22nd December 2015, 07:42

duvessa wrote:
WingedEspeon wrote:
duvessa wrote:It is.

I hear potions are pretty good.

If you have /HW and /Haste you can just quaff the buff pots and then cast necromute.
http://crawl.akrasiac.org/scoring/playe ... speon.html. I started playing in 0.16.1
I achieved greatplayer in less than a year.
Remove food

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Tuesday, 22nd December 2015, 14:36

Yeah but you cant DDoor/Revive in necromut, which is a better thing to do with the exp investment of necromancy. So why would people cast necromut? Hunger i guess.

Back on topic, i fail to see how a spell that melds everything is good for nom-UC users. Is it a joke? i guessing its a joke...
You shall never see my color again.

For this message the author dynast has received thanks: 2
cerebovssquire, nago

Spider Stomper

Post Tuesday, 22nd December 2015, 14:43

Torment is a big deal. Hungerless channeling is OP. Necromutation is a game changer.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 22nd December 2015, 14:48

WingedEspeon wrote:If you have /HW and /Haste you can just quaff the buff pots and then cast necromute.

But there is still the problem that it's a level 8 dual school spell that doesn't do very much good, but disables borg and ddoor (very bad). Especially if you are casting high-level conj/summoning spells, meaning a large exp investment, you have so many useful skills you can train with the extended exp that outshine necromutation (e.g. getting fighting, dodging and armour high, casting cblink). I also tend to prefer having borg + ddoor memorised and not memorising necromutation for spell level reasons, because having 8 spell levels worth of low-level charms is better than necromut to me.

Torment is a big deal. Hungerless channeling is OP. Necromutation is a game changer.

1. no
2. eat permafood, which you will have plenty opportunity to do after clearing your los with the high-level spells that are causing you to hunger

For this message the author cerebovssquire has received thanks: 2
Arrhythmia, nago

Abyss Ambulator

Post Tuesday, 22nd December 2015, 17:26

If we only got rid of spell/ability hunger, which is currently pointless, there would no longer be any flimsy justification for Necromutation to be level 8, and it could be moved down to 6 where it belongs.
remove food

For this message the author tabstorm has received thanks: 3
archaeo, Arrhythmia, duvessa

Shoals Surfer

Post Tuesday, 22nd December 2015, 17:36

It'd take more than a lower spell level to make ''Get the biggest drawback of playing Mu'' a good spell.

Dis Charger

Post Tuesday, 22nd December 2015, 22:09

Viashino_wizard wrote:It'd take more than a lower spell level to make ''Get the biggest drawback of playing Mu'' a good spell.
You can cancel mutation while confused, you know. Taking two turns to cancel mutation is hardly as bad as being a Mu. (And I thought Mummy's biggest weakness was straight -2 Apts.)
I'm beginning to feel like a Cat God! Felid streaks: {FeVM^Sif Muna, FeWn^Dithmenos, FeAr^Pakellas}, {FeEE^Ashenzari, FeEn^Gozag, FeNe^Sif Muna, FeAE^Vehumet...(ongoing)}

Shoals Surfer

Post Tuesday, 22nd December 2015, 22:45

Unless there's been some change I'm unaware of, you can't use abilities while confused.

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner