Iron Golem (Player Race)

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Dis Charger

Post Saturday, 12th December 2015, 00:53

Iron Golem (Player Race)

Everyone's doing golems; so what the hell. This probably isn't a good idea. It comes out as Gargoyle + Draconian + Naga to be based on this actual monster.

Iron Golems are incredibly durable, but extremely slow.

Apts:
  Code:
Hu: Fighting: 2, Short: -2, Long: -2, Axes: -2, Maces: -2, Polearms: -2, Staves: -2, Slings: -3, Bows: -3, Xbows: -3, Throw: -1, Armour: N/A, Dodge: -2, Stealth: -2, Shields: -2, UC: -1, Splcast: -2, Conj: -1, Hexes: -1, Charms: -1, Summ: -1, Nec: -2*, Tloc: -2, Tmut: -4*, Fire: -1, Ice: -1, Air: -1, Earth: 1, Poison: -3*, Inv: 1, Evo: 0, Exp: -3*, HP: 5!, MP: -5*
Stats:

STR 20/INT 20/DEX 20

Gain: None.

Mutations: {No body armour; 3+XL natural AC; rN(Immune); rPois (immune); rElec; rCorr-; No Mutations, No Transmutations; SustAts; Excruciatingly slow movement (equivalent of Slow XV) [2.5 Turns/Move]; Slow Healing II; Dragon Size (Net Immunity, Dire Flails are 1H)}
I'm beginning to feel like a Cat God! Felid streaks: {FeVM^Sif Muna, FeWn^Dithmenos, FeAr^Pakellas}, {FeEE^Ashenzari, FeEn^Gozag, FeNe^Sif Muna, FeAE^Vehumet...(ongoing)}

Dungeon Master

Post Monday, 14th December 2015, 19:46

Re: Iron Golem (Player Race)

I think the 20/20/20 stat distribution w/ no gain is an interesting idea. Making these slow and indestructible seems too much like Dr^Chei to me.

Dis Charger

Post Monday, 14th December 2015, 21:39

Lasty wrote:I think the 20/20/20 stat distribution w/ no gain is an interesting idea.
To be clear I meant no gain at all, not just no random gain. 20/20/20 is higher than a Demigod at XL 27, afterall. Dg: 11/12/11 + Choose(18) == 52. And yea this was a quick thought, not a finished race by any means. I'm unsure that a non-living race is really something we want to give the player access to. I mean it implies rTorm rPois rN+++ rElec (IE Undead level resists), without low Stats or Dispel Undead weakness. [Though I guess LRD weakness is something.]
I'm beginning to feel like a Cat God! Felid streaks: {FeVM^Sif Muna, FeWn^Dithmenos, FeAr^Pakellas}, {FeEE^Ashenzari, FeEn^Gozag, FeNe^Sif Muna, FeAE^Vehumet...(ongoing)}

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 16th December 2015, 00:36

Of the two 20/20/20 stat (and no gain) races you've proposed, this seems more realistic/implementable/easy for players to understand. I'd make a few minor tweaks still, I don't think 2.5 base speed is all that reasonable (what happens if you worship chei? 50 aut movement? If you're a chei statue*, you take 7.5 turns to move?), but most of the rest seems interesting and possible. You could just give them slow movement 3 and call it a day. Slow healing 2 is a pretty harsh penalty, but I think if you combined it with some sort of self-repair effect, it could work. Say "Repair protocol: 5 mana, 20 aut, restore 40% health. Causes exhaustion (~15 turns)". 40% health on a +50% health race is quite a lot of hp, although you have to survive the 20 aut first to benefit.

I am not sure there needs to be an exception for dire flails, but hey.

Those changes included, ship it, we're done here :)

*No one do this because you'd lose your racial ac and end up slowed without gaining much/any ac.

Pandemonium Purger

Post Thursday, 17th December 2015, 16:10

tasonir wrote:Of the two 20/20/20 stat (and no gain) races you've proposed, this seems more realistic/implementable/easy for players to understand. I'd make a few minor tweaks still, I don't think 2.5 base speed is all that reasonable (what happens if you worship chei? 50 aut movement? If you're a chei statue*, you take 7.5 turns to move?), but most of the rest seems interesting and possible. You could just give them slow movement 3 and call it a day. Slow healing 2 is a pretty harsh penalty, but I think if you combined it with some sort of self-repair effect, it could work. Say "Repair protocol: 5 mana, 20 aut, restore 40% health. Causes exhaustion (~15 turns)". 40% health on a +50% health race is quite a lot of hp, although you have to survive the 20 aut first to benefit.

I am not sure there needs to be an exception for dire flails, but hey.

Those changes included, ship it, we're done here :)

*No one do this because you'd lose your racial ac and end up slowed without gaining much/any ac.

Statue form sets base movement to 1.0, then adds +50% delay. This race would move faster in statue form.
http://crawl.akrasiac.org/scoring/playe ... speon.html. I started playing in 0.16.1
I achieved greatplayer in less than a year.
Remove food

Crypt Cleanser

Post Thursday, 17th December 2015, 16:35

What is it with bad race ideas and horrible aptitudes?
"Damned, damned be the legions of the damned..."

For this message the author kuniqs has received thanks:
duvessa

Dis Charger

Post Thursday, 17th December 2015, 16:49

kuniqs wrote:What is it with bad race ideas and horrible aptitudes?
The apts are better than Mummies, Ogres and Trolls. And this could still manage to be strong (good stats and high innate defenses).

Pandemonium Purger

Post Thursday, 17th December 2015, 18:14

bcadren wrote:
kuniqs wrote:What is it with bad race ideas and horrible aptitudes?
The apts are better than Mummies, Ogres and Trolls. And this could still manage to be strong (good stats and high innate defenses).

Ogres have great apts. +3 fighting, +3 maces and flails -1 dodging -2 armour. Those are all the important apts. Some they have an average important apt of +0.75
http://crawl.akrasiac.org/scoring/playe ... speon.html. I started playing in 0.16.1
I achieved greatplayer in less than a year.
Remove food

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner