wacky occurrence

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Tomb Titivator

Post Monday, 21st December 2015, 21:49

wacky occurrence

So today I was playing crawl for the first time in a fortmonth and I'm fighting this hogboglin or whatever and crawl is all, "The hogblin shouts!"

So naturally I'm like whatever

Then the next turn like these other goblins come around the corner and surround me, like they knew I was there or something, what gives

edit: I'm thinking there was a bug because there isn't a way they could have known I was even there, it's not like they could hear me, so I hope the dev team can come into my game and restorem y character

For this message the author ZipZipskins has received thanks:
duvessa

Snake Sneak

Post Tuesday, 22nd December 2015, 00:15

Re: wacky occurrence

Must be a bug. Try doing 'tt' to shout and try to get the attention of one of the developers.

Tomb Titivator

Post Tuesday, 22nd December 2015, 01:29

How are you sure they couldn't hear you? Did you map the whole area they came from immediately before? Do you know how far away they were? I believe combat makes noise, too? Hobgoblin shouting definitely means noise. There's also the outside possibility something invisible was around watching you (including one of them, they sometimes get wands).

I'm also suspecting this may have been Robin's entourage? Were they marked as especially aggressive? They might move faster, or get tossed to the other side of you even...
Online game stats & morgues
More runes! GnWn (11, 0.21), GhMo^Makh (15, 0.17)
And a Yiuf: (1.4.6, 0.20): ImpGl^Oka (3)

Abyss Ambulator

Post Tuesday, 22nd December 2015, 15:15

Yeah but it was a hogboglin and unlike their cousins they dont have ears.

For this message the author daggaz has received thanks:
majesstic

Tomb Titivator

Post Tuesday, 22nd December 2015, 16:43

yeah is the earless hogboglin a new monster in .18 or something cause I remember a roblin from earlier versions who threw roblings at me but the hogblin is a new one

stoneychips wrote:How are you sure they couldn't hear you? Did you map the whole area they came from immediately before?

nah man that's way too much work

Do you know how far away they were? I believe combat makes noise, too? Hobgoblin shouting definitely means noise. There's also the outside possibility something invisible was around watching you (including one of them, they sometimes get wands).

you think one of the goblins was invisible? holy shit nerf please

I'm also suspecting this may have been Robin's entourage? Were they marked as especially aggressive? They might move faster, or get tossed to the other side of you even...

definitely not roblin like I said I remember him from another older version and this is some new shit in .18 trunk nonsense

For this message the author ZipZipskins has received thanks:
duvessa

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner