Nemelex and the Collectible Trading Card Game

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Lair Larrikin

Post Sunday, 6th December 2015, 01:35

Nemelex and the Collectible Trading Card Game

I am proposing a rework for Nemelex and decks.
It is probably a terrible rework and changes very little, inspired in part by Magic the Gathering draft play.

Decks are replaced with cardpacks, much like a Magic the Gathering Booster Pack.
Spoiler: show
For anyone unfamiliar with MtG boosters, they contain 15 cards from a specific printing of cards, in a specific distribution of rarities - 1 rare, 3 uncommon, 11 common.
Rare cards are generally more powerful in a certain aspect, however they also are not necessarily as universally useful. Often times commons and uncommons are the more important cards for building a deck in magic the gathering.

Upon opening a cardpack, you are prompted to select a single card to use from the entire pack, and you get a power bonus to that card.
All remaining cards are shuffled into one deck, and you can draw single cards from at any time, consuming any drawn card for its effect.
Nemelex will collect the first card you select from a pack building a collection as you open packs. Using (some or all) Nemelex abilities you can draw from that collection. Nemelex will gift packs of cards to followers.

ADDITIONAL CRAZY TOWN PROPOSAL:
Most scroll effects are rolled into deck-packs, preliminary exceptions being remove curse+ash scrolls, enchant weapon, enchant armor, brand weapon, scroll of recharging (maybe remove?), scroll of identify, and possibly scroll of acquirement -- said scrolls are ID'd when encountered.
Instead of scroll of blinking and scroll of teleportation, they now fall into possible draws from pack of escape -- opening a pack of escape is very likely to include a controlled blink or teleport as an uncommon card effect (in a 15 cardpack, 3 uncommon, 1 rare, 11 common).
Drawing the same "blinking" or "teleport" from your ONE deck rather than as your initial selection from the pack would be an uncontrolled blink, or possibly attempt to abjure some enemies instead of the full power scroll effect it currently is.

Please help, I have made a terrible idea.

Dis Charger

Post Sunday, 6th December 2015, 01:40

Re: Nemelex and the Collectible Trading Card Game

If you really wanted to do this; it really needs to be another game; not crawl I started on that once; but I really need help to manage it. I'm enough of a programmer and an artist; but I'm one person. Need more programmers and artists; testers, designers to balance the system...
I'm beginning to feel like a Cat God! Felid streaks: {FeVM^Sif Muna, FeWn^Dithmenos, FeAr^Pakellas}, {FeEE^Ashenzari, FeEn^Gozag, FeNe^Sif Muna, FeAE^Vehumet...(ongoing)}

Crypt Cleanser

Post Sunday, 6th December 2015, 03:10

You should start a kickstarter. People on webtiles still want the game.
Dearest Steve
thanks for the gym equipment
the plane crashed

Dis Charger

Post Sunday, 6th December 2015, 03:25

I wouldn't feel comfortable doing that until I had a working prototype...and wouldn't know how much money to ask for. I mean ideal is enough to pay other artists and designers to help me flesh out the final game and...that's more business loan money $100-200k (enough for people's salaries) than Kickstarter money (enough for a few software licenses and manufacturing costs).

I'm really not sure how to plan it. I can get though pathing, AI and data systems...then what? art time? try to launch/kickstart a basic prototype where there are a few spell cards that are in no way balanced? What?

Sorry. I'm can be a programmer; an artist AND a designer. But asking me to be all of those at once AND a whole business by myself...that's asking for too much. I don't know what to do and I freeze up.
I'm beginning to feel like a Cat God! Felid streaks: {FeVM^Sif Muna, FeWn^Dithmenos, FeAr^Pakellas}, {FeEE^Ashenzari, FeEn^Gozag, FeNe^Sif Muna, FeAE^Vehumet...(ongoing)}

Tomb Titivator

Post Sunday, 6th December 2015, 03:44

You got this Bcadren. We're cheering for you.
If you are offended by something I've posted, just PM me. It probably wasn't intentional.

Dis Charger

Post Sunday, 6th December 2015, 04:21

Thanks. I'll throw together a bunch of materials from when that was being developed in it's own thread before we smother Kaelii's suggestion altogether.

Pandemonium Purger

Post Sunday, 6th December 2015, 04:47

i want to be a tester
seattle washington. friends for life. mods hate on me and devs ignore my posts. creater of exoelfs and dc:pt

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner