Diablo

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Lair Larrikin

Post Monday, 30th November 2015, 16:40

Diablo

Shard1697 wrote:
rob34 wrote:I really like the food mechanics in Roguelikes, since it naturally prohibits grinding and favours effective gameplay.
This is true of a lot of roguelikes, but in DCSS you can just eat chunks forever and not really ever be significantly limited by food.

I really like that the importance of food depends on the race in crawl. Its probably too easy in most cases, though. But if every more complicated mechanic is removed, you could just play Diablo.
won: HOBe(4/15); MiFi(15/15); TrMo(3/15)

Pandemonium Purger

Post Wednesday, 2nd December 2015, 03:13

Re: Rework gozag food shops for ghouls

Now, now, a game like Diablo can still be strategically and tactically deep and challenging, with rogue-like penalties for screwing up, and have absolutely no food-like timer.

Spider Stomper

Post Wednesday, 2nd December 2015, 04:41

Pollen_Golem wrote:Now, now, a game like Diablo can still be strategically and tactically deep and challenging, with rogue-like penalties for screwing up, and have absolutely no food-like timer.

A lot more people have been speedrunning Diablo 2 on twitch recently, and one of the categories is Hardcore Any% Hell (basically kill Hell Baal), they're pretty fascinating actually.

Pandemonium Purger

Post Wednesday, 2nd December 2015, 07:33

speedrunning Diablo 2 is really not what I had in mind but if you post a link I'll take a peek

Spider Stomper

Post Wednesday, 2nd December 2015, 07:59

Pollen_Golem wrote:speedrunning Diablo 2 is really not what I had in mind but if you post a link I'll take a peek

http://www.twitch.tv/nightfallx and http://www.twitch.tv/ryuquezacotl stream almost daily.

(Sorry for the off topic)

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Wednesday, 2nd December 2015, 12:00

Re: Diablo

Crawl food system is a minigame that you cant choose not to play once you figure it out and get tired of it.
You shall never see my color again.

For this message the author dynast has received thanks:
archaeo

Mines Malingerer

Post Wednesday, 2nd December 2015, 17:48

Re: Diablo

dynast wrote:Crawl food system is a minigame that you cant choose not to play once you figure it out and get tired of it.

I mean, technically you can choose not to play it by selecting Mu... and as appropriate with any choice in a roguelike, that choice comes with consequences. 8-)

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner