New Race: "Gnoll"

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Dis Charger

Post Friday, 23rd October 2015, 08:59

New Race: "Gnoll"

Only calling them gnolls because gnolls are a common early game monster that has no player equivalent; could have just as easily used (hob)goblin or a race name not currently in the game. The idea is something mechanically opposite of Demigods; a horribly weak race with good apts that gets more help from gods than normal. I think that the combination of these attributes could result in a race that plays differently than any current race. No idea. I am writing the patch for this today; because it's an easier thing to implement than any of my god ideas and I want to code something new and interesting, but small to start.

Gnoll:

Aptitudes:
  Code:
Fighting: 2, Short: 2, Long: 2!, Axes: 2, Maces: 2, Polearms: 2, Staves: 2!, Slings: 2, Bows: 2, Xbows: 2!, Throw: 2!, Armour: 2!, Dodge: 2, Stealth: 2, Shields: 2!, UC: 2!, Splcast: 2, Conj: 2, Hexes: 2, Charms: 2, Summ: 2!, Nec: 2!, Tloc: 2, Tmut: 2, Fire: 2!, Ice: 2!, Air: 2, Earth: 2, Poison: 2, Inv: 2, Evo: 2, Exp: 2!, HP: -2, MP: -2

Base Stats:
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 2
Dexterity: 2
Randomly gains 1 STR/INT/DEX every 5 levels.

Note: Gnolls do not get the protection Ghouls do; if a starting stat would be 1, it is one. GnWz starts with 1/12/5 and GnBe starts with 11/1/6.

Weirdness/Mutations:
  • Bottom-Feeder: Gnolls are neither paralyzed, nor slowed by stat zero. They retain all other effects though. {Strength = 0 gives slow healing; Intelligence = 0 gives no scrolls and no spells; Dexterity = 0 set stealth and evasion to zero}
    • Mutation also sets all sources of statloss down to one point; including -Stat mutations. Acts after SustAb (to prevent the cheese of halving one and getting no statloss ever).
  • Evocations Enhancement: Spellpower from all wands and elemental evocables is boosted x1.5. MP received from channeling is increased x1.3.
  • God's Pity: All invocations have their power boosted x1.5. Passives are boosted x1.3. God gifts are received 20% more often.
  • Low MP II- MP -20%
  • Fur I - AC+1 [Flavour reasons.]
Last edited by bcadren on Friday, 23rd October 2015, 21:16, edited 2 times in total.
I'm beginning to feel like a Cat God! Felid streaks: {FeVM^Sif Muna, FeWn^Dithmenos, FeAr^Pakellas}, {FeEE^Ashenzari, FeEn^Gozag, FeNe^Sif Muna, FeAE^Vehumet...(ongoing)}

For this message the author bcadren has received thanks: 2
byrel, Sprucery

Vestibule Violator

Post Friday, 23rd October 2015, 15:39

Re: New Race: "Gnoll"

I don't really understand why this race should have the evocations boost... I think it would be fine if you dropped that. It just doesn't go well with anything else here.
Usual account: pblur on kelbi

Zot Zealot

Post Friday, 23rd October 2015, 20:41

Re: New Race: "Gnoll"

Tbh I'd like bottom feeder to be normal state of affairs.

For this message the author chequers has received thanks:
archaeo

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner