unlocking crafting

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Slime Squisher

Post Tuesday, 13th October 2015, 06:29

unlocking crafting

there is a method of crafting extremely powerful randarts including mounts but it requires training the "Crafting" Skill. here's what we know

ash skill boost boosts crafting skill if an axe/hammer/skinning knife (others?) is cursed, but only for a recipe that requires such an item

crafting = reagents (wood/rubber/leather..) + tool + location the team callse a "workshop" (fireplace/iron pot/clothesline/loom) (the team is the small group of players investingating "crafting" including me and some others whose names I won't reveal but feel free to reveal yourselves in this thread if you don't mind being deluged with PMs) + time (suspected 100k+ "aut" for the most complex recipes) + ??? (see below)

source-diving shows evidence of the ??? section above. All we know is that there is a sustainability cult which will become hostile when crafting waste is not supposedly got rid of. there is a crafting god

3. How do We know all this?
several members have conducted informal interviews with The Devs In Charge of this project...including dressing up in drag and frequenting a DC wine bar known to be a popular "ruiner'' dev's regualr haunt (this was NOT me--not saying anything is wrong with it though) and flirting with said dev.

Using a hex editor, find compiled binaries to contain secret data opaque in source code [url="http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0167404805002002"](source)[/url] including vault data where feature SHUFFLEs are performed using a manipulated seed, it has recently been discovered that some of crawl's files compile in FORTRAN as well as C++, as well

/source/dat/descript/skills.txt wrote:effects such as ...to craft ...shields and armour

file: build.h

/mac/crawl wrote:# of building ...by hand.

docs/develop/levels/syntax.txt wrote:A large open room with "building" rooms in it

[code="/dat/des/builder/layout.des"] -- construct donut[/code] (food recipe)

[code="/dat/database/insult.txt"]cooking-fat[/code]

as you can see the evidence is fairly strong--will post again as things emerge

ALL OF THE INFORMATION ABOVE IS PRESENTED AS A WORK OF SPECULATIVE FICTION. NONE OF THE AUTHOR OR THE AUTHOR'S ASSOCIATES HAVE MADE ANY ATTEMPT TO ACCESS FILES ILLEGALLY, USE THIRD-PARTY TOOLS DURING GAMES OF DCSS (Dungeon Crawl: stone soup) OR IN ACCESSING GAME FILES/DATA NOR WERE ONLINE PLAY SERVERS CONNECTED WITH OR EXPLOITED USING ZERO-DAY DGAMELAUNCH EXPLOIT NOR UNAPPROVED HACKER VERSIONS OF PUTTY.EXE. FURTHERMORE NO DATA GATHERING TOOLS HAVE BEEN USED TO ACCESS CRAL.DEVELZ.ORG---OF COURSE NOT, NOT BY ME OR ANY OF THE MEMBERS OF THE GROUP KNOWN AS †-†-P▲nD▼M0n1▼m r▲1D▼rs-†-†

For this message the author n1000 has received thanks: 9
Arrhythmia, duvessa, gammafunk, Lasty, prozacelf, Sar, triorph, vible, Wahaha

Abyss Ambulator

Post Tuesday, 13th October 2015, 07:10

Re: unlocking crafting

WAKE UP SHEEPLE!

I have heard tell rumors of nasty creatures known as "Woe Goblins" that are being hidden from us as well.... Tales within tales....

For this message the author prozacelf has received thanks: 3
Arrhythmia, Lasty, n1000

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 13th October 2015, 20:46

I'll meet you at the Red Rooster Inn at dawn.
DCSS: 97:...MfCj}SpNeBaEEGrFE{HaAKTrCK}DsFESpHu{FoArNaBe}
FeEE{HOIEMiAE}GrGlHuWrGnWrNaAKBaFi{MiDeMfDe}{DrAKTrAMGhEnGnWz}
{PaBeDjFi}OgAKPaCAGnCjOgCKMfAEAtCKSpCjDEEE{HOSu
Bloat: 17: RaRoPrPh{GuStGnCa}{ArEtZoNb}KiPaAnDrBXDBQOApDaMeAGBiOCNKAsFnFlUs{RoBoNeWi

For this message the author Sprucery has received thanks: 2
Arrhythmia, n1000

Pandemonium Purger

Post Wednesday, 14th October 2015, 23:35

i am going to reply to this thread personally to the op in crawl chat
seattle washington. friends for life. mods hate on me and devs ignore my posts. creater of exoelfs and dc:pt

Shoals Surfer

Post Wednesday, 14th October 2015, 23:51

I heard one rumour that you can't unlock crafting until you've played 1000 games, but then I heard another rumour that you have to unlock crafting before you reach 1000 games. I don't know what to do.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 14th October 2015, 23:53

triorph wrote:I heard one rumour that you can't unlock crafting until you've played 1000 games, but then I heard another rumour that you have to unlock crafting before you reach 1000 games. I don't know what to do.

Both rumors are true.
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

For this message the author Siegurt has received thanks: 5
Arrhythmia, n1000, prozacelf, Sojiro, wheals

Spider Stomper

Post Friday, 16th October 2015, 04:15

Clearly belongs in dungeon crawling advice.

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner