Final Fantasy Reportings

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 15th July 2016, 06:30

Re: Final Fantasy Reportings

Abominae wrote:
tasonir wrote:
edgefigaro wrote:Still level 9, 3 deaths and no wipes yet. Cresent Lake and Temple of Ordeals is next!

Said edgefigaro on september 26th (last edit)! Come on man, you're not going to convince anyone fighters are more broken than black belts if you don't even finish the run! And Abominae, sure, it's a solo character run and those are harder, but come on, I can't be the only one to finish the game!

Merr. Blame school. I hit level 50 and am at the last dungeon, but I haven't gotten around to slamming my face against it yet. One day! (I have secretly felt guilty whenever I play other video games because I haven't finished this run, so there's that :P)

This is a reminder that it's been 10 months and we still haven't seen this! Yes, I remember, lying in the shadows awaiting the day when final fantasy will take this forum over again....

Everyone else: did you have fun loading all those images? ;)

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 9th February 2017, 21:43

This is a reminder that

1) this thread is awesome
2) I was the only one to finish a run! Come on you slackers, find those old save files...Don't make me find my solo BB run and finish it before you do :)

Abyss Ambulator

Post Thursday, 9th February 2017, 23:33

Heh. First time I ever beat that game was with EdgeFigaro's 3 Fighters and a Red Mage tactic.

Much later I got it on my phone and tried to make Red Mage, Thief, White Mage, Black Mage work. It was brutal. I think I eventually made it to Tiamat and then my phone died and I gave up on it.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 10th February 2017, 01:52

As far as I remember, thieves are generally worthless. It's not that they can't do anything, but they don't do anything unique that's useful, and other classes do things better. Thieves are supposed to be the luck class, which would enable you to run away, except that the run away formula is bugged and doesn't actually use luck like it was meant to.

Mages are generally powerful, but also have limited uses of their powerful magic, so in general melee has more longevity in long dungeons. I once played a white mage/white mage/black mage/black mage party on an actual physical NES and managed to get all the way to the final dungeon, but just couldn't get through it. It's the longest in the game, with 5 bosses, and you just run out of magic. I'm sure it's technically possible (I think people have done it with a solo white mage, so....), but it's definitely a very weak party at the end.

I still vote for 4 black belts as the best party, but hey.

Abyss Ambulator

Post Monday, 13th February 2017, 06:30

Yeah, ninja always seemed cool because of the sheer number of weapons they could use, but low level black magic is just worse than low level white magic, and they just can't do anything else as well as one of the classes that specializes in it. And before the class upgrade, thief was just even worse.
Previous

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner