Does anybody else here play Eclipse?

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Abyss Ambulator

Post Monday, 21st September 2015, 07:50

Does anybody else here play Eclipse?

So it came out in 2012, but I just found out about this boardgame from a friend and immediately went out and bought it, plus the expansion Rise of the Ancients. Man this is seriously cool, you pick from an assortment of races and build an interstellar empire, researching technology, building up your fleet, and destroying ancient aliens and neighbors alike. Ultimately it is very focused on resource management, but it has a brilliant system in place to keep things balanced and easy despite the innate complexity, and so the space-strategy fight your neighbors aspect gets to shine as well.

General thread for discussing Eclipse?
Last edited by daggaz on Monday, 21st September 2015, 08:05, edited 1 time in total.

Tomb Titivator

Post Monday, 21st September 2015, 07:53

Re: Does anybody else here play Eclipse?

You mean the boardgame? Sure, I've done a couple of games. Its nice+recommended.

Abyss Ambulator

Post Monday, 21st September 2015, 08:07

Re: Does anybody else here play Eclipse?

Yes the board game (OP edited for clarity).

I've done quite well with the Hydrans and in the expansion, with the Magellan. Struggled a bit with Orion tho, I am too cautious and you need to be hyper aggressive with those guys.

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner