spoilery vaults

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Abyss Ambulator

Post Monday, 28th September 2015, 13:13

spoilery vaults

Thought these kind of things were removed a long time ago? At any rate, here is one that maybe got missed. It has a trapdoor down, no way in other than random teleport or blasting the wall. I'll never know what was in there as I got surprised by a couple orc priests in a long corridor =/
EDIT: on second thought, I guess the lack of a trapdoor on the normal map would have been a give-away that something was hidden. Still, you would have to try all the various areas in tedius fashion. I do usually check for all exits, just happened to read-ID a mapping scroll there..
Attachments
spoilery vault.png
spoilery vault.png (404.58 KiB) Viewed 1710 times

Dungeon Master

Post Monday, 28th September 2015, 14:41

Re: spoilery vaults

The only thing in there is a jelly eating a bunch of clubs. The vault isn't supposed to be entered: it's just there so you can hear a slurping noise. The hatch is there in case you somehow get stuck inside, though it's no_tele_into so that shouldn't happen.

Perhaps we should have a way to hide certain areas from passive mapping/scrying so that they are less noticeable.

For this message the author neil has received thanks: 2
nago, Pollen_Golem

Abyss Ambulator

Post Monday, 28th September 2015, 14:43

Oh man. That would have been quite the nasty surprise had I actually found an early wand of digging/random effects/disintegration because that is exactly where I would have gone with it =P

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 28th September 2015, 16:47

neil wrote:The only thing in there is a jelly eating a bunch of clubs. The vault isn't supposed to be entered: it's just there so you can hear a slurping noise. The hatch is there in case you somehow get stuck inside, though it's no_tele_into so that shouldn't happen.
So it's a vault that gives you free early xp if you have digging and are spoiled, and this is supposed to make me feel better about it being in the game?

For this message the author duvessa has received thanks:
nago

Abyss Ambulator

Post Monday, 28th September 2015, 17:02

Can you feed slimes on purpose to get them to split for that matter?

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 28th September 2015, 17:10

Could some slurping noise just be generated without the vault, if hearing the noise is the whole point of the vault?

I guess this wouldn't make any sense, so why not just remove the vault.
DCSS: 97:...MfCj}SpNeBaEEGrFE{HaAKTrCK}DsFESpHu{FoArNaBe}
FeEE{HOIEMiAE}GrGlHuWrGnWrNaAKBaFi{MiDeMfDe}{DrAKTrAMGhEnGnWz}
{PaBeDjFi}OgAKPaCAGnCjOgCKMfAEAtCKSpCjDEEE{HOSu
Bloat: 17: RaRoPrPh{GuStGnCa}{ArEtZoNb}KiPaAnDrBXDBQOApDaMeAGBiOCNKAsFnFlUs{RoBoNeWi

Vestibule Violator

Post Monday, 28th September 2015, 17:12

Yes. If you can kill jellies at D:1, and have a wand of digging, sure. But then you probably are OP for some reason anyhow. Jellies aren't huge XP bags when they show up; only 1/3 the XP of an orc warrior. And you might get 3 slimes out of a pocket that big, so that's a whole extra orc warrior. By the time you're interested in voluntarily killing jellies, you're generally not concerned about +/- 1 orc warrior, and would probably prefer the wand charge.
Usual account: pblur on kelbi

For this message the author byrel has received thanks:
Sar

Sar

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 28th September 2015, 17:15

this vault is amazing, it always makes new players so paranoid

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner