Proposal: NEW PANIC ACTIONS!

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Halls Hopper

Post Tuesday, 8th September 2015, 17:27

Proposal: NEW PANIC ACTIONS!

or another way to die used in improper way...

{ctrl+ directions / ctrl+Tab} - DASH
    Move up to /5+1 per 10 points of Dextterity and Strength - encumberance rating/ squares. 90 degrees angle stops the effect. Each subsequent tile moved is made with -0.1 to speed factor, after the movement points of movement (max 5) and mass (size factor) of character would empower the first attack made. After that action speed is reduced. Monsters can try to run away if they see monstrous brute charging on them. Also the player can run away from the charge.

- Swiftnes spell will make you move even faster without need of using CTRL. So it actually will FEEL like running is easier. Possible Blink Dash combo.
- Centaur's alternative stab option.

{ctrl + d} PLAY DEAD
    Halves evade for weakest attack next turn. After the hit and succesfull check that depends on DEX/INT each monster will act as confused for several turns. Or until you act.
- Works only with monsters that do not want to eat you, your soul or bash your flesh into a bloody pulp.

{ctrl + g} GRAPPLE
    Grabs oponent of your size, can't attack. Halves speed, boost to shield. Chances increase with Unarmed skill.
- Benefitable in Zot/Shoals/Elf/Orc/Holy Realm when the monsters would not attack you from certain angles. Alternative way of blocking the Orb of Destruction.

For this message the author Enish has received thanks:
rchandra

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Tuesday, 8th September 2015, 18:55

Re: Proposal: NEW PANIC ACTIONS!

So we move swing-at-a-space to spacebar, go to }, and macros to ctrl-spacebar to free up keys for panic moves?

Spider Stomper

Post Thursday, 10th September 2015, 04:36

How about a literal panic button. Press / to become both berserk and incurably confused.

For this message the author greedo has received thanks:
Sar

Swamp Slogger

Post Saturday, 12th September 2015, 15:46

greedo wrote:How about a literal panic button. Press / to become both berserk and incurably confused.

I was thinking something like this, but instead its a button that I can press when I'm panicking in a fight I should've started burning consumables on 5 turns ago to get myself killed like an idiot without having to do it myself.

Snake Sneak

Post Saturday, 12th September 2015, 20:34

I thought that was what TAB was for.

BugHunter

Dungeon Master

Post Saturday, 12th September 2015, 20:52

BugHunter wrote:I thought that was what TAB was for.

Seriously, though, maybe we should have an "auto-flee" button (plenty of bots already have fleeing code, we could borrow that). If fleeing were as easy as continuing to fight, maybe impatient and/or lazy players* would do it more.

* like myself

Halls Hopper

Post Saturday, 12th September 2015, 21:14

jejorda2 wrote:So we move swing-at-a-space to spacebar, go to }, and macros to ctrl-spacebar to free up keys for panic moves?

I thought of just ctrl+something for more elegant moves ;).

I'm not a big fan like Centaurs only because of their poor aptitudes. I thought it would be really awesome allowing them to play as skillfull cavalerists through re-thinking movement types. And allow players to focus on it.
Also a Horseshoe feet slot unrandart enhancing a kick attack would be curious to find. Only for characters with hooves mutation, otherwise acting as a small bonus to luck if present in inventory.

I think of Play Dead as a neat, and not so obvious (like reading a MAGICAL scroll) option for sneaky-tricky characters. And maybe another thing to amuse Xom - like succesfully Playing Dead and then shouting if "yellow" or "red" monsters are near.

Grapple as an option for pure melee fighters to retreat or drag enemies to traps or clouds.

On top of that I would add an t-> 'insult' option that gives you XL>10; XL*1000 score if done just one turn before the death. If you know you're f*cked just end your life with some god-damn style.

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner