Character's icon

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Friday, 28th August 2015, 13:57

Character's icon

Hi
I wanted to know if it is possible to change our character icon in the game?

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Friday, 28th August 2015, 15:35

Re: Character's icon

You can add the line "tile_player_tile = Mons: "+"name of a monster" to your rc file to use the tile of that monster.
You shall never see my color again.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 28th August 2015, 15:39

Also if you are playing offline tiles (not Web tiles) you can use - (the minus sign) to change among variants.
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Friday, 28th August 2015, 15:46

thank you guys but forgive my ignorance. I'm completely new in the roguelike and this game as well.
What do you mean with rc file?
And with "offline tiles"?

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 28th August 2015, 16:01

Deniz87 wrote:thank you guys but forgive my ignorance. I'm completely new in the roguelike and this game as well.
What do you mean with rc file?
And with "offline tiles"?

You can play the game online (through your browser) or you can download it and play it offline locally.

The Web interface is missing a couple things that the downloaded one has. (Notably mouse support)

The rc is your settings file, it is a plain text file you can edit that lets you customize all sorts of gameplay options. Depending on whether you are playing online or offline, and depending on what os you are using, it will be in a slightly different location, and possibly be named differently
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Friday, 28th August 2015, 16:18

Ok got it.
I downloaded the game and I see that if I click "-" I can select hairstyle,body etc.

But If I want to edit the base of a race I have to go in "data" and "tiles" right?

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner