fuck yaktaurs

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Slime Squisher

Post Thursday, 6th August 2015, 15:53

fuck yaktaurs

so i had this nice character going, playing careful and whatnot then a yaktaur with silver bolts comes around the corner and takes 50% of my hp off

ok fine, i have repel missile, good evasion, i should have some wiggle room.. lets read a scroll o fear first.

but the yaktaur was not impressed and the second bolt kills me.

fuck yaktaurs.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 6th August 2015, 15:59

Re: fuck yaktaurs

RMsl has a chance of doing nothing unlike DMsl.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 6th August 2015, 16:01

That isn't really meaningful, since your EV has a chance of doing nothing anyway in which case dmsl won't do anything.

Slime Squisher

Post Thursday, 6th August 2015, 16:02

i know, i'm just mad because a stupid yaktaur just killed me in 2 turns 1 of which i had no idea it carried silver bolts and the second one my emergency button said screw you.

*rage*

*kicks yiuf trash bin and hammers spill on the floor*

Tomb Titivator

Post Thursday, 6th August 2015, 17:11

"Fucktaurs"
Comborobin Admin

For this message the author xentronium has received thanks:
moocowmoocow

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 6th August 2015, 17:18

duvessa wrote:That isn't really meaningful, since your EV has a chance of doing nothing anyway in which case dmsl won't do anything.

You are right of course but the difference is still huge. It's easy for EV to do nothing when monster roll for accuracy was lucky but it is much harder with DMsl.
For example, when Yaktaur has to_hit 20 (and it is extremely lucky to roll 20), you can roll 11 for EV and still be absolutely fine because DMsl will change that 20 to a random value between 0 and 10.

Edit. While RMsl will just reduce that 20 by random number between 0 and 10 so you are still very likely to be hit.
Last edited by Sandman25 on Thursday, 6th August 2015, 17:19, edited 1 time in total.

Spider Stomper

Post Thursday, 6th August 2015, 17:19

?fog is useful for not getting peppered.

For this message the author Blobbo has received thanks:
yesno

Dis Charger

Post Thursday, 6th August 2015, 17:29

Sandman25 wrote:
duvessa wrote:That isn't really meaningful, since your EV has a chance of doing nothing anyway in which case dmsl won't do anything.

You are right of course but the difference is still huge. It's easy for EV to do nothing when monster roll for accuracy was lucky but it is much harder with DMsl.
For example, when Yaktaur has to_hit 20 (and it is extremely lucky to roll 20), you can roll 11 for EV and still be absolutely fine because DMsl will change that 20 to a random value between 0 and 10.

Edit. While RMsl will just reduce that 20 by random number between 0 and 10 so you are still very likely to be hit.
I lost a DE in Shoals when the first hit in a turn cancelled Deflect Missiles and the rest suddenly hit... (everything had been missing and it was hard not to get surrounded on this character)...went from 0 damage per turn because EV and DMsl to...just dead.
I'm beginning to feel like a Cat God! Felid streaks: {FeVM^Sif Muna, FeWn^Dithmenos, FeAr^Pakellas}, {FeEE^Ashenzari, FeEn^Gozag, FeNe^Sif Muna, FeAE^Vehumet...(ongoing)}

Temple Termagant

Post Friday, 7th August 2015, 18:59

Sandman25 wrote:

Rmsl reduces to-hit by anywhere between 100% and 0% for single-target missiles.

And as minmay said you can still roll 0 EV. As long as you can cheesily use dmsl by taking your plate off and casting it at 50% fail until you succeed I'll happily grab it though.

For this message the author kvaak has received thanks:
Sandman25

bel

Cocytus Succeeder

Post Friday, 7th August 2015, 20:47

No u.

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner