lore keeper thought

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Tuesday, 4th August 2015, 05:39

lore keeper thought

i think lore keeper banner is intersting, but actually very unpopular.
(only 11 people completed it last tournament even double melee bug!
http://dobrazupa.org/tournament/0.16/banners.html)

other banner is popular though...

i think lore keeper should have a point. without point, there are very very few people doing lore keeper.

Dungeon Master

Post Tuesday, 4th August 2015, 13:43

Re: lore keeper thought

I think it's an interesting challenge, but it's a challenge that's not well supported by the interface. It's really easy to go over the target number by accident.

For this message the author Lasty has received thanks:
Arrhythmia

bel

Cocytus Succeeder

Post Tuesday, 4th August 2015, 13:53

That is easily fixed: as long as you are not playing a tournament, and just for the challenge, you can count a small overshoot (0.1?) as satisfying the conditions.

Dis Charger

Post Wednesday, 5th August 2015, 21:59

Alright the challenge doesn't seem THAT hard; but it incentivizes weird behavior. (Keep around a weapon you'll never use so you have somewhere to put extra skill XP into, avoid killing a unique because it would give too much XP, etc.). Wonder if it's possible to do extended with this conduct [not saying you can't do it with XP totals that low; saying it'd be hard to NOT break the XP cap the challenge requires]. (When I say not that hard I mean; playing a normal character to this challenge would probably be easier than 15 runes with a Felid or getting the Iron Rune first (another banner). Not EASY easy.)

Obvious god choices:
  • Ashenzari - Passive Skill boosts mean the skill cap is between 15 and 16, instead of 13; making it easier to use level 5 and 6 spells AND get medium weapons online with normal shields.
  • Cheibriados - High INT and STR to cast 5-6 level spells at low skill.
  • Okawaru - Offensive skills boosted to 18 means.
  • Ru - Sacrificing Skill (lowered Apts) means much less than normal (in fact it's helpful). Invocations that don't use skill and are always full power at max level.
  • Sif - Challenge loves a generalist; wide variety of spellbooks will let you have a lot of level 6 and lower spells. (4 and lower with good miscast chance without a staff of wizardry though).

Really need an in-game tick (opt-in) to the challenge to make the game enforce the caps. [RC file treat 13 like 27; say you 'mastered' it as high as you are going to take it and ask you to enable something else.]That would make it less annoying.
I'm beginning to feel like a Cat God! Felid streaks: {FeVM^Sif Muna, FeWn^Dithmenos, FeAr^Pakellas}, {FeEE^Ashenzari, FeEn^Gozag, FeNe^Sif Muna, FeAE^Vehumet...(ongoing)}

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 6th August 2015, 00:02

.rc file support seems like the best thing you could do for the challenge. I'd say two options would handle it well:

skill_level_cap = 13

Prevents training a skill over 13. Up to the tournament organizers if this means it stops at 12.9 or 13.0, not terribly much difference between the two. Defaults to 27; values over 27 are treated as 27. Might want to have a minimum of 5 to not have to deal with people trying to set this to 0 and having their starting skills messed up, but you could also come up with a system to remove the starting skills if you wanted to try a true 0 skill run.

allow_training_nothing = true

If set to true, you may select no skill in the training menu. All experience earned levels up your character but does not raise any skill; it cannot be recovered. Defaults to false, of course.

Dis Charger

Post Thursday, 6th August 2015, 01:12

tasonir wrote:.rc file support seems like the best thing you could do for the challenge. I'd say two options would handle it well:

skill_level_cap = 13
allow_training_nothing = true
If you go Okawaru with throwing, xBows and shortblades (Arb min delay with Heroism when needed); you could probably do all extended with that. (13->18 skill throwing and a well enchanted blowgun could paralyze almost all demonic enemies.)
I'm beginning to feel like a Cat God! Felid streaks: {FeVM^Sif Muna, FeWn^Dithmenos, FeAr^Pakellas}, {FeEE^Ashenzari, FeEn^Gozag, FeNe^Sif Muna, FeAE^Vehumet...(ongoing)}

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner