Remove mummy

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Thursday, 23rd July 2015, 01:45

Remove mummy

The concept of mummy is not great, mostly just resulting in players who overvalue poison and torment immunity into drastically reducing their fire resistance, aptitudes and disabling potions.

For this message the author radinms has received thanks: 6
Arrhythmia, dowan, duvessa, KittenInMyCerealz, nago, Sar

Dungeon Master

Post Thursday, 23rd July 2015, 02:10

Re: Remove mummy

This is false thinking because most content is good content and we need mass-appeal. Good mutations like sometimes you get triple-hellfired in exchange for a sizable slaying bonus, so that players can make decisions about whether to use those. It's called relentless exploration of the design space why can't felids wear cloaks.

For this message the author gammafunk has received thanks: 2
duvessa, rockygargoyle

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 23rd July 2015, 02:58

There needs to be a Tavern account that's just a Markov text generator.

For this message the author duvessa has received thanks: 3
Lasty, mkraemer, TeshiAlair

Lair Larrikin

Post Thursday, 23rd July 2015, 13:40

I'm sensing a lot less unpleasant. Deep dwarves in particular would probably be more likely to win assuming correct play as your starting choices. You can be used to avoid hell lords if you aren't playing extremely poorly are large amounts of hellfire, named demons, or lucky rolls by a Hell Sentinel until skill>=21); combination of Triple Crossbow being slower and less accurate until you put all five points into it.

Tiger: Similar to the Giant Hawk, it has a 40 melee hit and summoning guys that can only bolt of cold with rc++ from a game they enjoy playing, which is designed to help people.

No one ever said things like updated descriptions and bug reports. See? You gotta be thankful you've been tormented once or twice.

For this message the author Cerekov has received thanks: 6
duvessa, emikaela, le_nerd, mandor, mkraemer, rockygargoyle

mps

Tomb Titivator

Post Thursday, 23rd July 2015, 13:46

Oh snap. I thanked the cool computer nerd's markov chain account before I realized why it was made.

See? I also have enlightened opinions about certain things. Prepare for increasingly sanctimonious responses each time I see one of these clever posts.
Dungeon Crawling Advice tl;dr: Protect ya neck.

Lair Larrikin

Post Thursday, 23rd July 2015, 17:23

Fighters could start with points in an echo chamber and only rN+++, you will understand. I haven't seen the dire elephant ending just recently, but before that it was buffed from -35 to -20. If the ability to constrict players/drag them into a hybrid which certainly changes things. I believe many people and too few tasks, causing redundancy and restlessness. The Too Many Cooks comment was about how having so many contributors, good design can be given to blink frogs as well. Deep dwarves in particular would probably just concentrate on making it shorter (6 floors?).

The generalist Wizard background has 3 more points of intelligence than other mages, requiring ally management instead of a hydra to kill. It's not really a game if the crown needed to go because if it did not apply to UC I think we basically agree, Berder. Whatever that means. But if you're getting rid of items and skills adjusted in the endgame which are perfectly "optimal" insofar as medium-good play will pretty much 1 occasionally decent item, and there are tons of games - you level up to 10 and M&F up to and including an overhaul of spell schools more distinct? This assumes, of course, like Na poison spitting, which is a sign of questionable design and should have to say the thing and pull it back to a choice to keep people from selling items in shops or scumming a mummy to XP level 27 on D:1, but I don't have any interest in arguing about it.

But like I said, the devs.

For this message the author Cerekov has received thanks: 4
Arrhythmia, emikaela, mkraemer, rockygargoyle

Tomb Titivator

Post Thursday, 23rd July 2015, 17:27

^ THIS.
Spellcasting penalties, Armour skill, and strength
15 runes: 2x HuSk, Op(Mo,Tm,Wn,Fi,Wr,EE,AM,Wz,Ne), VSTm, DsTm, Dg(Sk,Tm), MuGl, GhMo, Fe(En,EE,Ar,Wn,IE)
3 runes: FoFi, OgSk, KoHu, SpCj, 2x DgGl, MiBe, Fe(Fi,Tm,Mo,Su)

Barkeep

Post Thursday, 23rd July 2015, 17:30

Cerekov wrote:The Too Many Cooks comment was about how having so many contributors, good design can be given to blink frogs as well. Deep dwarves in particular would probably just concentrate on making it shorter (6 floors?).

I'd give it to blink frogs but I think it's pretty good at the current length.
I am not a very good player. My mouth is a foul pit of LIES. KNOW THIS.

Spider Stomper

Post Thursday, 23rd July 2015, 17:44

Cerekov wrote: good design can be given to blink frogs as well.

Cerekov wrote:The generalist Wizard background has 3 more points of intelligence than other mages, requiring ally management instead of a hydra to kill.

couldn't agree more

Lair Larrikin

Post Thursday, 23rd July 2015, 18:24

Damn, who knew that automatic text generation with Markov chains could rise the quality level of tavern?

Swamp Slogger

Post Thursday, 23rd July 2015, 18:53

I suppose I can see why dwarves would be uncomfortable about the length issue

Spider Stomper

Post Thursday, 23rd July 2015, 21:07

I think we basically agree, Berder. Whatever that means.

Robots, man, they are so passive aggressive.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Thursday, 23rd July 2015, 22:24

Cerekov wrote:But like I said, the devs.

He certainly makes a good point here. Whatever that means.

Abyss Ambulator

Post Thursday, 23rd July 2015, 22:44

I like wood.

Oh sorry, wrong forum.

Dis Charger

Post Thursday, 23rd July 2015, 22:56

let's take your mummies two times around the dance floor.
I'm beginning to feel like a Cat God! Felid streaks: {FeVM^Sif Muna, FeWn^Dithmenos, FeAr^Pakellas}, {FeEE^Ashenzari, FeEn^Gozag, FeNe^Sif Muna, FeAE^Vehumet...(ongoing)}

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner