IRC bot commands and Uniques

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Slime Squisher

Post Tuesday, 14th July 2015, 10:12

IRC bot commands and Uniques

Recently I was obsessed with an idea of killing all the uniques.
I have won this game several times and nearly all uniques have died to my sword or firestorm and it makes searching for something new too complicated.
First that came into my mind was to run an IRC command that will list uniques I didn't kill, but then I get stuck.
I can list all uniques with !lm . type="uniq" s=noun and even count distinct species with !lm . type="uniq" x=count(noun)
But that is about what I have killed, not about what is still alive (and chuckle around the corner).
Can anybody help me with some demonic request or give a !orbruntomb-like script?

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 14th July 2015, 18:08

Re: IRC bot commands and Uniques

There's a reasonably simple proxy you could use - there are a few uniques who are at least an order of magnitude more rare than all other uniques. If you've killed the 4-5 most rare uniques, you've probably killed all of them, unless you intentionally have always skipped some.

Rarest uniques: Ignacio (he has a very far lead on second place, too), then probably Tiamat, Dissolution, Murray, the serpent of hell.

You can see what uniques were killed by clans during tournaments, so if you've played in a tournament and gotten a win or two, you can verify that you've knocked of 90% or more of uniques, and then just track the last 10 yourself. As an example, my .16 clan killed everything but Ignacio: http://dobrazupa.org/tournament/0.16/clans/kramin.html

And I personally killed everything but Ignacio, Murray, Tiamat, the Serpent of Hell: http://dobrazupa.org/tournament/0.16/pl ... sonir.html Just because I never saw them, I certainly would have if I ever encountered them :)

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 14th July 2015, 21:28

There is no way to tell which uniques have generated in a game without actually encountering them, through Sequell or otherwise. That would be a pretty massive information leak. If you want a list of uniques seen but not defeated, look at your annotations.

Shoals Surfer

Post Tuesday, 14th July 2015, 23:09

Not sure exactly what you're asking for, but if you're trying to keep track over which uniques you haven't killed over ALL games you've played, then this command should work:

!lm * current unique noun!~your noun!~headed noun!~helpless noun!~shaped s=noun / name=ololoev fmt:"${.}" ?: %=0

(Note that this doesn't show the lernaean headed hydra in order to eliminate all the non-27 headed versions, so its up to you to specifically check this. It also removes any polymorphed or helpless monsters from the query, so you won't get credit if that's the only way you've killed that monster.

For this message the author triorph has received thanks:
quik

Crypt Cleanser

Post Wednesday, 15th July 2015, 02:08

triorph wrote:!lm * current unique noun!~your noun!~headed noun!~helpless noun!~shaped s=noun / name=ololoev fmt:"${.}" ?: %=0

I know i'm not the OP, but it's interesting to know how to do this, so I tried it. I'm getting this list:
  Code:
Blork, Ignacio, Tiamat, Murray, Dissolution, Khufu, Antaeus, Lom Lobon, the Serpent of Hell, Asmodeus, Dispater, Cerebov, Ereshkigal, Gloorx Vloq, Mnoleg, Geryon, Arachne, Mennas, Jory, Purgy

which isn't accurate. I can't even count the times I've killed Blork alone. The only ones I can't recall ever seeing are Murray and Dissolution. I've certainly killed the pan lords more than once.

Dungeon Master

Post Wednesday, 15th July 2015, 02:35

The problem there is "current"; you've killed them but not in a recent enough version. Unfortunately, if you leave that out, you get information about Norbert, Jozef, the fire giant, Terpsichore, Lamia, Pan, Satan Claus, Michael, and other removed uniques.

For this message the author wheals has received thanks:
Aule

Sar

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 15th July 2015, 02:41

"The fire giant"? What's that?

For this message the author Sar has received thanks:
wheals

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Wednesday, 15th July 2015, 02:48

a really big fire guy
take it easy

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Wednesday, 15th July 2015, 03:51

Arrhythmia wrote:a really big fire guy

for fire you

Shoals Surfer

Post Wednesday, 15th July 2015, 04:34

Aule wrote:
triorph wrote:!lm * current unique noun!~your noun!~headed noun!~helpless noun!~shaped s=noun / name=ololoev fmt:"${.}" ?: %=0

I know i'm not the OP, but it's interesting to know how to do this, so I tried it. I'm getting this list:
  Code:
Blork, Ignacio, Tiamat, Murray, Dissolution, Khufu, Antaeus, Lom Lobon, the Serpent of Hell, Asmodeus, Dispater, Cerebov, Ereshkigal, Gloorx Vloq, Mnoleg, Geryon, Arachne, Mennas, Jory, Purgy

which isn't accurate. I can't even count the times I've killed Blork alone. The only ones I can't recall ever seeing are Murray and Dissolution. I've certainly killed the pan lords more than once.

Also worth noting that recently Blork was renamed from "Blork the orc", so he comes up as two entries. Its definitely not a perfect command though as you say.

!lm * recent unique noun!~your noun!~headed noun!~helpless noun!~shaped noun!~ghostly s=noun / name=ololoev fmt:"${.}" ?: %=0

This seems to work and goes a bit further back in time.

For this message the author triorph has received thanks: 2
Aule, quik

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner