Menkaure on orb run

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Swamp Slogger

Post Monday, 13th July 2015, 15:13

Menkaure on orb run

Has anyone escaped Menkaure in the early game by diving down a level, then forgotten about him until the orb run, and get tormented by him as you go up, leading to YASD?

Not happened to me yet, but more by luck than anything else.
<Sequell> Zargon is a greatplayer!
<Sequell> Zargon is a greaterplayer!
Online scoring

Slime Squisher

Post Monday, 13th July 2015, 15:30

Re: Menkaure on orb run

Good question. If someone has really died for this, it should be worth of being documented. I mean this unique is so low with hitpoints that a XL25-27 character dying to him has probably just been hitting arrow keys and then got finished by something else.

If Menkaure has directly killed someone during the orbrun, I sure would like to hear about it. I mean outside careless Chei-character, how the hell is that possible?

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Monday, 13th July 2015, 15:34

Plenty of tormenters can show up on their own during the orb run, so one extra (that's incredibly easy to kill) hardly makes a difference.

Sar

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 13th July 2015, 16:01

I've seen a player dying to Grinder para on the orb run. At least he claimed so. Was a draconian, so probably possible with non-purple Dr basic MR.

Swamp Slogger

Post Monday, 13th July 2015, 16:27

Rast wrote:Plenty of tormenters can show up on their own during the orb run, so one extra (that's incredibly easy to kill) hardly makes a difference.

i know - I just wondered, if, for example, a Pan Lord or two were giving you some grief, and you nearly made it to the stairs with, say, 2/3 hp remaining, then Menkaure shows up, torments you down to 1/3 hp and the pan lords finished you off?

Purely hypothetical question as it's never actually happened to me. I was just wondering...
<Sequell> Zargon is a greatplayer!
<Sequell> Zargon is a greaterplayer!
Online scoring

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Monday, 13th July 2015, 18:02

OP yes I did exactly what you describe; Menkaure didn't kill me but it was really hairy for a couple of turns.
take it easy

Slime Squisher

Post Tuesday, 14th July 2015, 10:55

Sar wrote:I've seen a player dying to Grinder para on the orb run. At least he claimed so. Was a draconian, so probably possible with non-purple Dr basic MR.

I checked all 9 games that !lg * urune>2 br=d lvl<12 status=para gave me (I hope noone will lure Grinder to D12+ and urune>2 is enough to cut almost every non-orbrun deaths), Neither of them were finished by Grinder nor being paralyzed by Grinder.
Also, No games for * (urune>2 killer=menkaure). And noone at XL>11 was killed by him. So it didn't happen online. Offline doesn't count.
Sorry for ruining this thread.

For this message the author ololoev has received thanks:
Sar

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 14th July 2015, 17:49

The problem with finding Menkaure deaths is that the torment wouldn't be what actually killed you, so it wouldn't show up in the query. That said it's pretty unlikely and not really important to know...

Your methodology on grinder paralysis seems pretty accurate, though. There's still a chance someone got paralyzed, almost died, then became paralyzed but still died afterwards, but now we're just stretching things a bit too far.

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner