Ghouls & Permafood

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Tomb Titivator

Post Monday, 25th May 2015, 19:56

Ghouls & Permafood

So, I like ghouls. We know this. But ghouls are kind of bad in that optimal (even very suboptimal) play can be irritating. Constant butchering and healing of rot just sucks. Now, I would like to see the constant rotting removed entirely but that's for another topic. Anyway, when I play ghouls I still occasionally try to eat a meat ration to heal rot, but as it turns out, meat rations aren't the same kind of meat that chunks are?? The rest of the permafood is mostly useless for ghouls.

What if all permafood healed ghouls? Similarly, what if it cured rotting (and can we just remove rotting please)?
Clearly this is a buff, but that's okay because ghouls.
If you are offended by something I've posted, just PM me. It probably wasn't intentional.

For this message the author Greyr has received thanks:
Berder

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Monday, 25th May 2015, 20:08

Re: Ghouls & Permafood

I'm in favor. I'd also like to see vampires drain blood from nice juicy meat rations.
streaks: 5 fifteen rune octopodes. 15 diverse chars. 13 random chars. 24 NaWn^gozag.
251 total wins Berder hyperborean + misc
83/108 recent wins (76%)
guides: safe tactics value of ac/ev/sh forum toxicity

Swamp Slogger

Post Tuesday, 26th May 2015, 16:33

Berder wrote:I'm in favor. I'd also like to see vampires drain blood from nice juicy meat rations.

Meat rations are probably something like beef jerky, or smoked sausage. There's no blood there, that's part of why they're permafood.

The same thing is probably what makes ghouls prefer chunks to rations.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Tuesday, 26th May 2015, 17:10

dornbeast wrote:
Berder wrote:I'm in favor. I'd also like to see vampires drain blood from nice juicy meat rations.

Meat rations are probably something like beef jerky, or smoked sausage. There's no blood there, that's part of why they're permafood.

If they were like beef jerky they'd just be beef jerky. Anyway, the reason to let vamps drain them is to help vamps get through blood-poor parts of the game, such as extended. It's for gameplay reasons not theme.

Thematically it would work fine if meat rations are just bloody chunks of meat that are magically preserved so they don't decay.

The same thing is probably what makes ghouls prefer chunks to rations.

Ghouls used to specifically prefer rotten chunks. It's not about the blood it's about the bacteria and decay. Meat rations don't decay so that's why they aren't preferred.
streaks: 5 fifteen rune octopodes. 15 diverse chars. 13 random chars. 24 NaWn^gozag.
251 total wins Berder hyperborean + misc
83/108 recent wins (76%)
guides: safe tactics value of ac/ev/sh forum toxicity

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner