MuWz Guide

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Dungeon Master

Post Sunday, 24th May 2015, 23:29

MuWz Guide

MartinTenbones of fantasystrike forums wrote:I played DCSS for a while shortly after my son was born, about five years ago. I recommend combining harsh roguelikes with massive sleep loss to really hone your masochism.

I managed my only win with a Mummy Wizard using a strategy that involved following Kiku through getting the Necronomicon, literally filling the temple with abominations from Kiku corpse spam, waiting out wrath behind that wall of flesh, and then converting to Sif Muna and spamming endless Haunt. I don't suppose I was the only person do ever figure this out, but I figured it out on my own and was happy enough with it to I write a guide about it as a "do easy Mummy victory." This apparently pissed off the game designers sufficiently that they rewrote Kiku's wrath so you can't do this any more, as all your undead minions go hostile when you abandon Kiku. Which, I suppose, is a distinction of sorts - "changed god behavior through cheese."

link
On IRC my nick is reaverb. I play online under the name reaver, though.

For this message the author reaver has received thanks: 7
and into, Arrhythmia, bcadren, Rast, rockygargoyle, Sar, wheals

Dis Charger

Post Sunday, 24th May 2015, 23:52

Re: MuWz Guide

In what universe is that easy? Haunt isn't even THAT good. Be better off letting Sif deliver Summoning books if you want them that badly. I suppose 'Haunt Spam' wouldn't even work anymore now, would it? Summon caps and all?

[Also that had -nothing- to do with the change to make minions hostile on switch, did it?]
I'm beginning to feel like a Cat God! Felid streaks: {FeVM^Sif Muna, FeWn^Dithmenos, FeAr^Pakellas}, {FeEE^Ashenzari, FeEn^Gozag, FeNe^Sif Muna, FeAE^Vehumet...(ongoing)}

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 25th May 2015, 00:24

This was the standard strategy for god abandonment for a really long time. People would get into trouble with server admins for it sometimes because of the CPU usage. I don't think the "undead minions go hostile when you abandon Kiku" change happened because of it, since you could just do the same thing by animating the corpses after abandoning.

Pandemonium Purger

Post Monday, 25th May 2015, 00:36

Don't all corpses rot now, when you abandon Kiku?

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Tuesday, 26th May 2015, 19:54

Holy shit. His guide was awful even at the time he wrote it. Probably the most commonly mentioned badwiki guide on the tavern.

http://crawl.chaosforge.org/ARCHIVED_Ca ... zard_guide

Masochism is right though. He coulda won a bunch of easy races in the time it took to win one MuWz, and maybe even learned enough about the game to write a decent guide.

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner