Crawler's personalities.

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Friday, 22nd May 2015, 10:29

Crawler's personalities.

so, I recently took this (http://www.16personalities.com) personality quizz. I found it to be quite accurate, and a bit of fun. so, I'm curious about which kind of personality you guys and gals roll.
I got INTP "The Logician", and it fits pretty well. made me feel a little bit proud, even if it is absolutely no accomplishment. :lol:
what about you?
my posts are to be read in a mildly playful tone, with a deep, sexy voice.

Zot Zealot

Post Friday, 22nd May 2015, 10:39

I'm the kind of personality who doesn't make personality quizzes.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Friday, 22nd May 2015, 10:58

Re: Crawler's personalities.

you're no fun. :sad:

Zot Zealot

Post Friday, 22nd May 2015, 11:11

And I thought this kind of personality already exists!

Spider Stomper

Post Friday, 22nd May 2015, 12:25

It does. INTP types are one type more likely to want to put people into different categories. One of the categories is people who don't like to categorise people, I can't remember of the top of my head which subtypes that includes.

I usually get INTP when I'm depressed, there have been times when I've even showed up as ENFP. The types are not supposed to be static, they change throughout your life. Jung himself was INTP. It's supposed to be one of the rarer types, but it's much more common amongst people on internet message boards who take personality tests than it is amongst the population at large.

For this message the author Elystan has received thanks:
Turukano

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Friday, 22nd May 2015, 14:19

I took that a long time ago, got INTP/INTJ (varying results from multiple times taking it).
streaks: 5 fifteen rune octopodes. 15 diverse chars. 13 random chars. 24 NaWn^gozag.
251 total wins Berder hyperborean + misc
83/108 recent wins (76%)
guides: safe tactics value of ac/ev/sh forum toxicity

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Friday, 22nd May 2015, 15:20

Elystan wrote:It does. INTP types are one type more likely to want to put people into different categories.

well, it makes sense, actually. easier to deal with. :D

Halls Hopper

Post Friday, 22nd May 2015, 15:47

I got ENTP-A... Yet it's funny cuz that's mostly due to the current mood I'm in. Cute little test, thanks for sharing :D

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Friday, 22nd May 2015, 16:02

yeah, it is not conclusive or anything, but all in good fun.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 22nd May 2015, 16:30

YOUR PERSONALITY TYPE IS:
ADVENTURER (ISFP-A)

Although I was close to neutral on both Intuition/Sensing(Observing as this variant put it), and on Thinking/Feeling (There were a number of those questions I could honestly go either way with, depending on the context and my mood) and wasn't too far from center in Extroversion/Introversion (Those results are reasonably consistent with prior times I've taken this type of test)

It's interesting that this website is called '16personalities' which is what the classic myers-briggs would give, however this adds the Aggressive/Turbulent dimension (Which appears from their description to be what they're using for Neuroticisim or emotional stability) giving them 32 rather than 16.
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Swamp Slogger

Post Friday, 22nd May 2015, 16:31

Currently, my personality type is XXWn. :)

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 22nd May 2015, 16:49

This test is 100% bullshit, it might actually be worse than the Myers-Briggs and that's really saying something.
The least awful one I've found is http://www.personalitytest.org.uk/ but it still has some major issues.

Halls Hopper

Post Friday, 22nd May 2015, 17:24

duvessa wrote:This test is 100% bullshit, it might actually be worse than the Myers-Briggs and that's really saying something.
The least awful one I've found is http://www.personalitytest.org.uk/ but it still has some major issues.

Aren't they always bull shit? You can't really put a personallity into a specific slot...

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Friday, 22nd May 2015, 17:37

Duvessa's just mad because I got a higher score on the personality test. I got an A+! Duvessa got a :x

For this message the author dowan has received thanks:
Hirsch I

Blades Runner

Post Friday, 22nd May 2015, 17:44

I used to score INFP on the myers-briggs one. We should design a personality test based upon DCSS. Questions like, "What do you do when you experience YASD? Which god is your favorite and why? How terrible of an idea was it to remove mountain dwarfs (on a scale from very to extremely)?

For this message the author moocowmoocow has received thanks:
zxc23

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 22nd May 2015, 17:52

duvessa wrote:This test is 100% bullshit, it might actually be worse than the Myers-Briggs and that's really saying something.

Just out of curiosity, what type of bullshit do you mean this is?

If your criteria for a not-bullshit test is "it's internally consistent" then it is that (Since the only actual requirement there is that it be the same test administered in the same way), if you're trying to extract expectations about a person's behavior or predict preferences or something from it, then all of these types of test are bullshit.

If you're accusing it of bias, then you're probably right (Some of the questions are phrased in such a way that you'd get a statistical bias, also the whole red/green button dichotomy has some implications that we associate with good/bad etc. etc.) but the bias is consistent internally to the test, and there's no attempt to correlate external statistics with this (like race, country of origin etc.) so really all you can say about it is "If you were to try to extract statistics from it, those might be biased" however I don't notice any attempts to even present a "this puts you in a group with 5% of the population" kind of thing. (This might be considered a sort of bullshit, if you were interested in unbiased personality type statistics, I suppose I'm not, because I consider 'personality type' to be a useless metric in the first place)

Now if you're calling the *results* bullshit (Where they describe the supposed traits people who answer this test truthfully will have for a given category) I'd agree with that, but I assumed we all knew that that was just the standard facebook-sharing clickbait fare sort of bullshit that we've all come to know and love so much.
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

For this message the author Siegurt has received thanks: 2
Hirsch I, zxc23

Zot Zealot

Post Friday, 22nd May 2015, 17:57

moocowmoocow wrote:We should design a personality test based upon DCSS. Questions like, "What do you do when you experience YASD?

This very much depends on how I liked my char. From "phew it's over" to "No! No! No!"

moocowmoocow wrote:Which god is your favorite and why?

Ash because a) I love divinations and b) Ash is extremely good for speedrunning in extended.

moocowmoocow wrote:How terrible of an idea was it to remove mountain dwarfs (on a scale from very to extremely)?

Removing the most popular species from crawl? Should I answer frankly or should I stick to the Forum rules?

So, which classification do I get, doctor moocowmoocow?

Swamp Slogger

Post Friday, 22nd May 2015, 18:02

INTP checking in.

Barkeep

Post Friday, 22nd May 2015, 18:06

For this message the author and into has received thanks:
cerebovssquire

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Friday, 22nd May 2015, 18:48

So we're twenty posts into a thread about crawler personality types before anyone mentions autism?

OK then, carry on.

For this message the author Rast has received thanks:
Sar

Barkeep

Post Friday, 22nd May 2015, 19:46

Siegurt wrote:Just out of curiosity, what type of bullshit do you mean this is?

It's just well known as a test that was invented using a unscientific process, based on what might charitably be called a philosophy of personality. It's written with the kind of vagueness you might get out of an astrological projection, and it's designed primarily as a snake oil product to sell to HR teams and business owners looking for some kind of science-y method for employee organization. Wikipedia has a pretty good overview of the criticism. It can be fun, sure, but saying "I'm an INFJ" or whatever has about as much validity as saying "I'm a Gemini."

"Real" personality tests tend to be far less fun, as psychologists often don't have a lot of reasons to try and describe a person's entire personality all at once. The MMPI and the Big Five inventory are probably the most popular comprehensive tests, but the former is a lot more concerned with diagnosing mental disorders and the latter usually doesn't spit out a cute paragraph to share on facebook.

For this message the author archaeo has received thanks: 6
all before, Arrhythmia, duvessa, Magipi, Rast, rockygargoyle

Cocytus Succeeder

Post Friday, 22nd May 2015, 19:51

I completed the quiz, and the result was ENFP (The Campaigner). Then I checked what they mean by that, and the strengths & weaknesses page is more miss than hit (good observer? excellent communicator? wtf).

So I completed it again, this time I got INFP (The Mediator), hey, at least that is a neighbor archetype.

The whole test looks pretty bullshitty to me.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 22nd May 2015, 19:56

Myers-Briggs was made by a mother/daughter team who were not psychologists in any form. There are far better, modern personality tests designed by experts that you should use.

But since the linked test doesn't seem to be intended to be terribly serious, I'd instead link to the bartle test, which is far more relevant to the crawl community imho. Sure crawl is single player, but there's still quite a bit of interaction with the community, high score lists, spectators/chat while you play, etc. If you choose to make it so, it can be pretty highly social. Questions will ask about MMO/interactions with other player type questions, but I'm sure you can figure it out.

Quiz here: http://www.gamerdna.com/quizzes/bartle- ... psychology

For this message the author tasonir has received thanks:
Rast

Blades Runner

Post Friday, 22nd May 2015, 20:05

Turukano wrote:So, which classification do I get, doctor moocowmoocow?

Excuse my hasty diagnosis, I'm in the process of moving house.

From the caginess and ambivalence of some of your answers, I think you clearly fall on the V side of the EV/AC scale. For the same reasons, I want to put you in the Dex category, however, since I think your answers show thought and judgement, I will place you as Int. Are you good or evil aligned? It's hard to say, but your choice of the bondage god and willingness to frolic in places like Hells and Pan makes me say Evil. Now for the most important category, are you melee or caster... I would say caster, for a melee personality would not ask me for permission to speak frankly, or bother with such things as "rules". Therefore, you are VDEC personality type. That will be $500.

For this message the author moocowmoocow has received thanks: 2
Arrhythmia, tasonir

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 22nd May 2015, 20:18

Re:

moocowmoocow wrote:
Turukano wrote:So, which classification do I get, doctor moocowmoocow?

Excuse my hasty diagnosis, I'm in the process of moving house.

From the caginess and ambivalence of some of your answers, I think you clearly fall on the V side of the EV/AC scale. For the same reasons, I want to put you in the Dex category, however, since I think your answers show thought and judgement, I will place you as Int. Are you good or evil aligned? It's hard to say, but your choice of the bondage god and willingness to frolic in places like Hells and Pan makes me say Evil. Now for the most important category, are you melee or caster... I would say caster, for a melee personality would not ask me for permission to speak frankly, or bother with such things as "rules". Therefore, you are VDEC personality type. That will be $500.

You must be a real doctor, because you said you wanted to place him in Dex, but you would place him in Int, and then you ultimately placed him back into Dex (VDEC). Doctors always just do what they want ;)

I'm clearly AIGM, completely the opposite. Although I could honestly go with any of the stats (str/int/dex), my true choice is "all of them, take chei".

Blades Runner

Post Friday, 22nd May 2015, 20:28

Re: Re:

tasonir wrote:You must be a real doctor, because you said you wanted to place him in Dex, but you would place him in Int, and then you ultimately placed him back into Dex (VDEC). Doctors always just do what they want ;)

I'm clearly AIGM, completely the opposite. Although I could honestly go with any of the stats (str/int/dex), my true choice is "all of them, take chei".

Indeed I am a doctor, and the methods I use are %100 sound and rigorous. Okay I'm probably overplaying the joke already. But yeah chei vs anti-chei would be another funny classification.

Zot Zealot

Post Friday, 22nd May 2015, 20:28

Before we derail too much from the original topic please help me once again, doctor. I see these strange creatures every time I say the word phenomena.

For this message the author Turukano has received thanks:
moocowmoocow

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 22nd May 2015, 20:32

archaeo wrote:
Siegurt wrote:Just out of curiosity, what type of bullshit do you mean this is?

It's just well known as a test that was invented using a unscientific process, based on what might charitably be called a philosophy of personality. It's written with the kind of vagueness you might get out of an astrological projection, and it's designed primarily as a snake oil product to sell to HR teams and business owners looking for some kind of science-y method for employee organization. Wikipedia has a pretty good overview of the criticism. It can be fun, sure, but saying "I'm an INFJ" or whatever has about as much validity as saying "I'm a Gemini."

"Real" personality tests tend to be far less fun, as psychologists often don't have a lot of reasons to try and describe a person's entire personality all at once. The MMPI and the Big Five inventory are probably the most popular comprehensive tests, but the former is a lot more concerned with diagnosing mental disorders and the latter usually doesn't spit out a cute paragraph to share on facebook.

Well, right, but I was interpreting this along the same lines as "Which star trek character are you" kinds of quizzes, I mean, is there anyone anywhere who thinks that "I am a INFJ" means anything beyond "I took a test which said I am an INFJ"? (To me that seems absurd on the face of it, like pretending that the length of your middle toe determines your financial destiny or some crap)

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Friday, 22nd May 2015, 20:39

Siegurt wrote:Well, right, but I was interpreting this along the same lines as "Which star trek character are you" kinds of quizzes, I mean, is there anyone anywhere who thinks that "I am a INFJ" means anything beyond "I took a test which said I am an INFJ"? (To me that seems absurd on the face of it, like pretending that the length of your middle toe determines your financial destiny or some crap)

wow but do i hate to break your heart like this
take it easy

For this message the author Arrhythmia has received thanks: 2
archaeo, duvessa

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 22nd May 2015, 21:08

I didn't click the link, but I like to force my characters to eat cockroaches even though they have a whole bunch of rations, fruit, and sometimes even pizza in their bag. What does the test say that means about me?

For this message the author KoboldLord has received thanks: 5
and into, Arrhythmia, Hirsch I, rockygargoyle, zxc23

Pandemonium Purger

Post Friday, 22nd May 2015, 22:56

Re:

moocowmoocow wrote:How terrible of an idea was it to remove mountain dwarfs (on a scale from very to extremely)?

Removing the most popular species from crawl? Should I answer frankly or should I stick to the Forum rules?
[/quote]
Give me a List of apts and I can make I patch that adds them back in. I already have one for sludge elves. You'll have to play 0.16 though.

I got INTP. Again. I get that result so consistently I considered posting results I got from the past.
http://crawl.akrasiac.org/scoring/playe ... speon.html. I started playing in 0.16.1
I achieved greatplayer in less than a year.
Remove food

Spider Stomper

Post Friday, 22nd May 2015, 23:02

Why am I not surprised that crawl players are mostly INTP's? (and if not then something quite similar)

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 22nd May 2015, 23:08

Weird test.
1) Do you like cats or dogs?
2) Do you like green or red?
3) Are you tall or short?

Ok, here is your personality: you like cats, red and you are tall.
Last edited by Sandman25 on Tuesday, 26th May 2015, 03:22, edited 1 time in total.

For this message the author Sandman25 has received thanks: 3
all before, braveplatypus, rockygargoyle

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Monday, 25th May 2015, 18:33

hahahahaha
I fucking love you all.

Slime Squisher

Post Tuesday, 26th May 2015, 03:20

ENFP-A Gemini with Leo Moon and rising Scorpio. Chinese sign of the dog. Native american spirit animal is the elk.

For this message the author cerealjynx has received thanks: 2
Arrhythmia, Hirsch I

Slime Squisher

Post Tuesday, 26th May 2015, 19:07

My personality came out as TrBe. Could it mean something? nah
Lord of Lignification, we bow down to you.

...why aren't you bowing? Stop reading this and bow.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 26th May 2015, 19:50

Sandman25 wrote:Weird test.

Test broken, I picked green. Still, 66% accuracy isn't that bad. Should I upload pictures of my cats to complete the test?

Pandemonium Purger

Post Tuesday, 26th May 2015, 20:25

treerex5 wrote:My personality came out as TrBe. Could it mean something? nah

Strange, I thought you'd come out as a TrEE, maybe a ReXS.

Pandemonium Purger

Post Tuesday, 2nd June 2015, 00:49

tasonir wrote:
Sandman25 wrote:Weird test.

Test broken, I picked green. Still, 66% accuracy isn't that bad. Should I upload pictures of my cats to complete the test?

I don't care about the test, but let us see pictures of your cats :D
http://crawl.akrasiac.org/scoring/playe ... speon.html. I started playing in 0.16.1
I achieved greatplayer in less than a year.
Remove food

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner