Let Felids wear hats

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Tomb Titivator

Post Tuesday, 19th May 2015, 21:19

Let Felids wear hats

à la Dr. Seuss.
Comborobin Admin

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 19th May 2015, 21:37

Re: Let Felids wear hats

Next you'll be demanding boots too...
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

For this message the author Siegurt has received thanks: 7
and into, Arrhythmia, nago, Pollen_Golem, rockygargoyle, TeshiAlair, xentronium

Pandemonium Purger

Post Tuesday, 19th May 2015, 21:42

...and rapiers.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Wednesday, 20th May 2015, 02:00

streaks: 5 fifteen rune octopodes. 15 diverse chars. 13 random chars. 24 NaWn^gozag.
251 total wins Berder hyperborean + misc
83/108 recent wins (76%)
guides: safe tactics value of ac/ev/sh forum toxicity

Tomb Titivator

Post Wednesday, 20th May 2015, 03:16

Time to give Natasha a makeover.
Comborobin Admin

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Wednesday, 20th May 2015, 09:46

When something is so rare and unique that the tale of it is passed down through generations, it isn't a common occurrence to use as a baseline expectation.

"Puss in Boots" and "The Can in the Hat" are two tales of extraordinary felines, not examples of expected feline behavior.

Because of this, witch familiars who become sentient shouldn't have hats. And balance?

Pandemonium Purger

Post Wednesday, 20th May 2015, 16:18

extraordinary? Give felids a 1% chance to develop the ability to wear hats or boots after reaching level 7.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 20th May 2015, 16:47

Here's a felid (actually a felid - wizard familiar, not a cat that stands on two legs): http://www.errantstory.com/wiki/index.php/Ellis

No hat, no boots, definitely no swords. Lots of sarcastic remarks. Kind of like an imp cat. FR: Give felids wings and let them mock their opponents to lower their ev/energy. "Your merciless taunting disheartens the stone giant! It looks depressed!"

For this message the author tasonir has received thanks: 2
Pollen_Golem, WingedEspeon

Pandemonium Purger

Post Wednesday, 20th May 2015, 19:35

I defiantly like the Idea of Winged felids.
http://crawl.akrasiac.org/scoring/playe ... speon.html. I started playing in 0.16.1
I achieved greatplayer in less than a year.
Remove food

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 20th May 2015, 19:41

tasonir wrote:Here's a felid (actually a felid - wizard familiar, not a cat that stands on two legs): http://www.errantstory.com/wiki/index.php/Ellis

No hat, no boots, definitely no swords. Lots of sarcastic remarks. Kind of like an imp cat. FR: Give felids wings and let them mock their opponents to lower their ev/energy. "Your merciless taunting disheartens the stone giant! It looks depressed!"

I really enjoyed much of errant story while it was being told (I've enjoyed several comics by mike poe actually), but I felt like the end was a bit of a cop out, there was too much un-examined, and a lot more possible story to be told. His comics do tend to 'deflate' rather than properly end IMHO.
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Pandemonium Purger

Post Wednesday, 20th May 2015, 20:50

tasonir wrote:Kind of like an imp cat. FR: Give felids wings and let them mock their opponents to lower their ev/energy.

I'm not sure this is a great idea because 'felid imp' might open the gates to other ultra-complex playable species, like vampiric trolls, demonic octopodes, dragon centaurs, mummy merfolk, deep ogres, spriggan ghouls, and lava orcs. But, that does sound like a good monster idea. Somebody, scale this down and make pixel art:

untitled.JPG
untitled.JPG (27.41 KiB) Viewed 2584 times

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Wednesday, 20th May 2015, 21:52

lava orcs, who would think about such absurd race?
my posts are to be read in a mildly playful tone, with a deep, sexy voice.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 20th May 2015, 23:48

Siegurt wrote:
tasonir wrote:Here's a felid (actually a felid - wizard familiar, not a cat that stands on two legs): http://www.errantstory.com/wiki/index.php/Ellis

I really enjoyed much of errant story while it was being told (I've enjoyed several comics by mike poe actually), but I felt like the end was a bit of a cop out, there was too much un-examined, and a lot more possible story to be told. His comics do tend to 'deflate' rather than properly end IMHO.

Imho he sets up a very large scale comic, with a lot of world building, complex political interactions, etc. As it progresses it becomes a bit too complex for one person to manage, and loose ends start to accumulate. Still, I'm a fan, although I can agree with your criticism. I'm just not sure I could do any better. He's had a lot of struggles making a living off comics, health problems between him/his girlfriend (who runs/ran a lot of business side), and probably couldn't put as much energy into the end as he put into the beginning. Still a fairly solid 9/10 comic that I'd recommend.

lava orcs

Probably invented by a sludge elf.

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner