Fixed Art Concept: Demon Whip of Decay

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Dis Charger

Post Thursday, 14th May 2015, 02:47

Fixed Art Concept: Demon Whip of Decay

The +7 Demon Whip of Decay {Drain, Entropy, Curse};
  • Special (1) 1/4 chance to malmutate target (Monsters that get malmutated get -4 AC and -10% HD per stack, up to 5 stacks.)
  • Special (2) Living monsters killed with Decay are corpse-rotted.
  • Normal Effects: 50% chance to recurse on equip. 10% chance to become corroded when hit. Drain Effect (+(dam/4 + 3)) rN-resistable dam.
I'm beginning to feel like a Cat God! Felid streaks: {FeVM^Sif Muna, FeWn^Dithmenos, FeAr^Pakellas}, {FeEE^Ashenzari, FeEn^Gozag, FeNe^Sif Muna, FeAE^Vehumet...(ongoing)}

Sar

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 14th May 2015, 06:41

Re: Fixed Art Concept: Demon Whip of Decay

I was expecting a corrosion-branded demon whip.

fr: a corrosion-branded demon whip!

Dis Charger

Post Thursday, 14th May 2015, 06:44

Sar wrote:I was expecting a corrosion-branded demon whip.

fr: a corrosion-branded demon whip!
Yea. I almost did that; but player corrosion still isn't a thing, is it? Chance to corrode opponent trade off with chance to corrode self by itself is powerful, but risky; rest were...just adding to theme.
I'm beginning to feel like a Cat God! Felid streaks: {FeVM^Sif Muna, FeWn^Dithmenos, FeAr^Pakellas}, {FeEE^Ashenzari, FeEn^Gozag, FeNe^Sif Muna, FeAE^Vehumet...(ongoing)}

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 14th May 2015, 13:00

No one would ever use it if it chanced to corrode yourself. Even with +rCorr, is still a chance of corrosion against standard corrosive attacks.
"Be aware that a lot of people on this forum, such as mageykun and XuaXua, have a habit of making things up." - minmay a.k.a. duvessa
Did I make a lame complaint? Check for Bingo!
Totally gracious CSDC Season 2 Division 4 Champeen!

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Thursday, 14th May 2015, 14:04

Player corrosion is a thing, yellow dracs can do it, and I think mahk greater destruction can do it too.

Dungeon Master

Post Thursday, 14th May 2015, 14:57

Also rod of clouds.

Dis Charger

Post Thursday, 14th May 2015, 18:40

Player Acid sources are a thing, yes. But there isn't a such thing as corrosion stacks on enemies; or at least it's neither on badwiki, nor the learnDB and if it does exist there's no status indicator for it in tiles and it doesn't say it in the X text. So if it exists...it's well hidden.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Thursday, 14th May 2015, 19:21

Oh, that's a good point, I haven't actually used any of those things since the switch to the non permanent corrosion, so I don't know that they actually corrode enemies.

Dungeon Master

Post Friday, 15th May 2015, 14:01

Corrosion doesn't stack on monsters. Monsters with corroded status have their AC halved.

Sar

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 15th May 2015, 14:04

well it should, just so we could have corrosion brand

Slime Squisher

Post Monday, 18th May 2015, 14:17

Sar wrote:corrosion brand

It will lead to a tedious gameplay where you are forced to carry fast, weak, but corrosion branded weapon and swap to it before engaging high-AC opponents. When you apply corrosion status you will swap back to your main weapon.

Sar

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 18th May 2015, 15:20

Not a big problem if it's an artefact (especially one with a good base type). If you really want to eliminate swapping in this situation, you can just make all the corrosion magically disappear on unwield. I don't think that'd be a problem though.

(Also it was not a serious suggestion.)

Dis Charger

Post Monday, 18th May 2015, 15:37

Sar wrote:Not a big problem if it's an artefact (especially one with a good base type). If you really want to eliminate swapping in this situation, you can just make all the corrosion magically disappear on unwield. I don't think that'd be a problem though.

(Also it was not a serious suggestion.)
I suggested corrosion as an ammo-type in GDD. I think it suits it better; now that I know it's only one stack. Hit with one Corrosive Arrow, switch to normal ammo type. Be a good rare resource. Thread has gotten no attention though.

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner