New combat move: Wound

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 6th May 2015, 20:42

New combat move: Wound

By inputting the 'w' key before making a melee attack you can try to Wound the monster instead of just damaging it. Remove the existing w command, everyone just uses the mouse anyway. Wound attacks do less damage depending on weapon type (60% less for swords, 40% less for daggers, 70% less for axes and polearms, 50% less for whips and spears) and stats (-1% penalty per point of dex and intelligence), but reduce the monster's speed and accuracy by 20% for the next 1d(5+Square root of Strength) turns. This will open up new options for melee characters and remove degenerate "tab" and killhole gameplay.

For this message the author duvessa has received thanks: 2
PleasingFungus, rockygargoyle

Tomb Titivator

Post Wednesday, 6th May 2015, 21:10

Re: New combat move: Wound

This is a great idea! We can go further-different attack types can be implemented for other useless keys, together with special secret combo moves that depend on what race you're playing. There can be throwing moves, blocking moves, etc...
Comborobin Admin

For this message the author xentronium has received thanks:
Rast

Tomb Titivator

Post Wednesday, 6th May 2015, 21:21

I was hoping that asdf rtcv could be used to move two spaces in each direction in a single turn (I'm burned out of chebyshev already) - this would complement it nicely because your fingers would be there anyway.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 6th May 2015, 22:56

I realize this is intended as a joke, but I still think it's likely that duvessa has cracked. Does anyone know his real life hobbies? Can we pitch in to take him to a strip club or get a message or something?

Barkeep

Post Wednesday, 6th May 2015, 23:04

I'm not sure how it will help duvessa but, sure, I'll go get a massage.

For this message the author and into has received thanks: 2
PleasingFungus, TeshiAlair

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Wednesday, 6th May 2015, 23:10

Duvessa is a man?

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Wednesday, 6th May 2015, 23:38

or a woman with very very manly feet. :lol:
Duivie, are you alright? do you wanna talk about it, dear? talk to us, where you doing drugs lately?
my posts are to be read in a mildly playful tone, with a deep, sexy voice.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 7th May 2015, 00:39

tasonir wrote:I realize this is intended as a joke, but I still think it's likely that duvessa has cracked. Does anyone know his real life hobbies? Can we pitch in to take him to a strip club or get a message or something?
im asexual
Hirsch I wrote:Duivie, are you alright? do you wanna talk about it, dear? talk to us, where you doing drugs lately?
in my house, same place as usual. i feel basically the same as always except im feeling an urge to kick a guy in the nuts (any guy, doesnt matter who)
Rast wrote:Duvessa is a man?
you know, back when i was first playing along with the minmayXduvessa stuff i didnt realize that there was an actual "waifuism" culture where people do that sort of thing seriously. once i learned that was a thing i decided it skeeves me out so i dropped all that stuff immediately and now i just use this account for convenience

Snake Sneak

Post Thursday, 7th May 2015, 00:39

xentronium wrote:This is a great idea! We can go further-different attack types can be implemented for other useless keys, together with special secret combo moves that depend on what race you're playing. There can be throwing moves, blocking moves, etc...

so basically ToME4

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 7th May 2015, 01:05

I'm going to spoiler tag this post because it's got a bunch of large pictures - mostly anime type cheesy waifu pictures. Nothing naked, but clearly "fan service".

Spoiler: show
duvessa wrote:you know, back when i was first playing along with the minmayXduvessa stuff i didnt realize that there was an actual "waifuism" culture where people do that sort of thing seriously. once i learned that was a thing i decided it skeeves me out so i dropped all that stuff immediately and now i just use this account for convenience

I first heard of that because people used it all the time talking about characters in brave frontier (a mostly pay to win terrible phone rpg). The characters are so tiny on your screen I can't imagine sexualizing them, and the artwork isn't that terrible. I mean, there's lots of gravity defying boobs, and someone even charted all the female characters by bust size, but they're mostly clothed and aren't in terribly sexually explicit poses. Reasonable female character:
Less reasonable:
bust chart (it's japanese, but trust me, the categories are by breast size):

And of the two mobile rpg's I've played, this is the more reasonable one. I thought it was tame because I first played the less popular spirit stones: this is common:
and this is considered a combat pose???:

So yeah, there's lots of creepy games out there. I mostly play civcrafter now, which is still totally terrible, basically involves pressing the same buttons over and over again, but at least the artwork looks like this:

But hey, sex sells, kate upton advertises for game of war now...

For this message the author tasonir has received thanks:
n1000

Slime Squisher

Post Thursday, 7th May 2015, 01:54

tasonir wrote:I'm going to spoiler tag this post because it's got a bunch of large pictures - mostly anime type cheesy waifu pictures. Nothing naked, but clearly "fan service".

duvessa wrote:you know, back when i was first playing along with the minmayXduvessa stuff i didnt realize that there was an actual "waifuism" culture where people do that sort of thing seriously. once i learned that was a thing i decided it skeeves me out so i dropped all that stuff immediately and now i just use this account for convenience

I first heard of that because people used it all the time talking about characters in brave frontier (a mostly pay to win terrible phone rpg). The characters are so tiny on your screen I can't imagine sexualizing them, and the artwork isn't that terrible. I mean, there's lots of gravity defying boobs, and someone even charted all the female characters by bust size, but they're mostly clothed and aren't in terribly sexually explicit poses. Reasonable female character:
Less reasonable:
bust chart (it's japanese, but trust me, the categories are by breast size):

And of the two mobile rpg's I've played, this is the more reasonable one. I thought it was tame because I first played the less popular spirit stones: this is common:
and this is considered a combat pose???:

So yeah, there's lots of creepy games out there. I mostly play civcrafter now, which is still totally terrible, basically involves pressing the same buttons over and over again, but at least the artwork looks like this:

But hey, sex sells, kate upton advertises for game of war now...

nice post. post more babes in the future

For this message the author n1000 has received thanks: 2
Arrhythmia, PleasingFungus

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 7th May 2015, 02:53

tasonir wrote:
i didnt read the post but this is the worst league of legends tier list ive ever seen

For this message the author duvessa has received thanks: 2
kvaak, PleasingFungus

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Thursday, 7th May 2015, 13:13

wanting to kick any guy in the guts is a result of sublimated libido, says my terapist. :roll:
waifuism is a strange culture, but I cant really blame them for it. I mean, keeping a relationship is hard. as in, challenging, frustrating at times, and comes with a shitload of unwritten rules. some people dont care if something is real or not, and want only the easier parts. so, they turn to perfect, inexistent women and imaginary relationships. not... healty, put I can certainly understand why people take that shortcut.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 7th May 2015, 16:07

i tried to go to a therapist once, she called me uncooperative after i told her i didn't understand her stupid fucking request to draw my family members as animals and then gave me the phone numbers of some of her colleagues, who i never called.

i mean i genuinely didn't have any idea what to draw, first of all this assumes i connect animals with personality traits (which, besides the obvious cliches like lions and rats, i don't), and then it assumes i recognise one defining personality trait in each family member when i would find it very challenging to describe any of their personalities if i was allowed to write full essays about them. i tried to explain this to her but she didn't follow. this is after she asked me to draw a tree with no context whatsoever and commented "that looks like a flower" as if my inability to draw a tree expresses any deep truth about my emotional problems or some shit.

she asked me if i was nervous because i was shaking, i told her i have restless legs syndrome and she looked at me skeptically. i was asked 5+ questions about how i get agitated easily - despite telling her about other issues causing me much more distress than my temper, to which she replied "but what about the people around you?". goddamnit this pisses me off so much even 6 months later. good work helping me with that temper, i guess

Tomb Titivator

Post Thursday, 7th May 2015, 17:09

Those crazy therapists... :oops:

Slime Squisher

Post Thursday, 7th May 2015, 17:40

damn that sounds like a rainbow gathering volunteer therapist

that therapist read a book by lacan once and said fuck it i can do this

the type of therapist to have a bong sitting in that shelf full of comforting toys and shit that they always have

bet in college she was that girl who rolled her eyes when the prof mentioned behaviorism or cognitive science

how are you gonna have a "safe space" sticker on your door then proceed to piss me off with this nonsense

my therapist looks like he hasnt slept through the night in months

or he has allergies

or maybe, before our meetings, he's hitting that bong that sits on the corner of his shelf next to some toys, books with brightly colored covers, inspiring photographs of nature taken from dynamic, oblique angles, and a small vase with fake, but not cheap, fake flowers, and that makes his eyes red and sleepy looking though they evince his deep focus; he has never broken eye contact. Did he practice? I must always be the first to look away and whenever I do I can't help but think that at this moment each of us has entered into a metaconversation--eye contact is a gesture, it is a "significant symbol", we have both read the theories--where the intertextuality of face-to-face conversation becomes apparent and a moment, or several, is spent searching the meanings which such an unwavering gaze has, has had, and is supposed to have. Is his intent and constant (it is comforting) focus meant to provide the patient with an anchoring point? too-long eye contact becomes glowering but affect is imitated and he could hardly wish to evoke my paranoia. so I look down at my lap for a few seconds. grinning, I just thought of PUAs holding eye contact to establish dominance like dogs and apes. I say I know but really I just wonder, at these moments, whether he considers how his gaze has drawn me to think on the theories we've each read. therapy emerges from distraction made sublime by compatible intellects paired privately, conversing, but I'm guilty. the therapy is failing, incomplete because I'm guilty of engaging this man who only wants to help, my therapist, in bad faith, not caring for his advice, nodding, "yes, yes, I'll try that," but secretly relishing only the amusement, petty thing, really, derived from sitting in the chair he makes me sit in, talking to this fairly smart man, relishing the curious mise en scène--superb contrivance (how has society come to need such people, such rooms?)--as he stares, and I look away.

For this message the author n1000 has received thanks: 4
archaeo, Arrhythmia, cerebovssquire, duvessa

Snake Sneak

Post Thursday, 7th May 2015, 18:00

cerebovssquire wrote:i tried to go to a therapist once, she called me uncooperative after i told her i didn't understand her stupid fucking request to draw my family members as animals and then gave me the phone numbers of some of her colleagues, who i never called.

i mean i genuinely didn't have any idea what to draw, first of all this assumes i connect animals with personality traits (which, besides the obvious cliches like lions and rats, i don't), and then it assumes i recognise one defining personality trait in each family member when i would find it very challenging to describe any of their personalities if i was allowed to write full essays about them. i tried to explain this to her but she didn't follow. this is after she asked me to draw a tree with no context whatsoever and commented "that looks like a flower" as if my inability to draw a tree expresses any deep truth about my emotional problems or some shit.

she asked me if i was nervous because i was shaking, i told her i have restless legs syndrome and she looked at me skeptically. i was asked 5+ questions about how i get agitated easily - despite telling her about other issues causing me much more distress than my temper, to which she replied "but what about the people around you?". goddamnit this pisses me off so much even 6 months later. good work helping me with that temper, i guess

"ressentiment"

Dungeon Master

Post Thursday, 7th May 2015, 20:38

I'm going to express my shock that people who post on these forums have issues with therapists.

hold on. it might take me a while. any minute, now

For this message the author PleasingFungus has received thanks: 4
archaeo, Arrhythmia, rockygargoyle, Zooty

Tomb Titivator

Post Thursday, 7th May 2015, 20:44

I don't have issues. I am one. I think we're pretty awesome people. You should really get to know us. For only $100 an hour.

Lair Larrikin

Post Thursday, 7th May 2015, 21:25

I use w to wield :(

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Thursday, 7th May 2015, 22:45

Orgrimm wrote:I use w to wield :(

offtopic dude!
returning to the topic of therapists, mine is pretty ok. helps me navigate a lot of new emotions I'm feeling now. its easier to deal with grief when you have someone you can talk about this shit all the time, and he will not walk away in boredom. really nice.
he also explained a lot about how people, on average, work. it helps a lot.

For this message the author Hirsch I has received thanks:
n1000

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Thursday, 7th May 2015, 23:24

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 7th May 2015, 23:39

Hirsch I wrote:wanting to kick any guy in the guts is a result of sublimated libido, says my terapist. :roll:
if your libido is changing from the solid phase to the gaseous phase without going through the liquid phase you need a physician not a therapist

Blades Runner

Post Thursday, 7th May 2015, 23:54

Today in partial hospitalization program, for whole hour, nurse had us cut pictures out of magazines that match words on a list. Whoever glues the most pictures to piece of construction paper wins the game! Was the most humiliated I've felt in a long time. Couldn't say anything either, she was one of those people who entrench deeper at any perceived challenge to their authority. Said I'd give this thing a week but damn I don't do want to go tomorrow.

For this message the author moocowmoocow has received thanks:
Rast

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 8th May 2015, 02:43

Why hasn't this thread been promoted to GDD yet?
"Be aware that a lot of people on this forum, such as mageykun and XuaXua, have a habit of making things up." - minmay a.k.a. duvessa
Did I make a lame complaint? Check for Bingo!
Totally gracious CSDC Season 2 Division 4 Champeen!

For this message the author XuaXua has received thanks:
and into

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Friday, 8th May 2015, 03:20

duvessa wrote:
Hirsch I wrote:wanting to kick any guy in the guts is a result of sublimated libido, says my terapist. :roll:
if your libido is changing from the solid phase to the gaseous phase without going through the liquid phase you need a physician not a therapist

meaning "forcefully destroyed", yeah. "Sublimado", in portuguese, can have that meaning.

Arrhythmia

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 8th May 2015, 04:02

being asexual doesnt mean your libido was forcefully destroyed it means it was never there in the first place. or in some cases, was there but went away on its own. i bet you dont like eating spiders either, is that because your spider eating ibido was forcefully destroyed? no it just means you dont want to eat spiders. and if you stomp on spiders that doesnt mean your spider eating ibido was destroyed either, it just means you want to stomp on spiders, because you hate them or youre afraid of them or whatever. this is no different, i wanted to kick a guy in the balls just because i thought i'd enjoy a good balls kicking, not because of ibido destruction or even because i hate balls or am afraid of them i just wanted to kick some, i dont even really want to anymore, though now that i think about it i might go find some more nut shot videos on youtube. heh heh that skateboarder's balls really smashed into that lamp post, that had to hurt

For this message the author duvessa has received thanks: 4
Arrhythmia, rockygargoyle, scorpionwarrior, TeshiAlair

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Friday, 8th May 2015, 06:10

duvessa wrote: bet you dont like eating spiders either, is that because your spider eating ibido was forcefully destroyed?

well, actually, in my case you see, there was this wizard...
take it easy

Blades Runner

Post Friday, 8th May 2015, 11:22

@duvessa
Enjoy

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 8th May 2015, 15:19

Curio wrote:@duvessa
Enjoy
lol that guy hurt his balls

For this message the author duvessa has received thanks:
Greyr

Swamp Slogger

Post Friday, 8th May 2015, 19:53

ajon wrote:I don't have issues. I am one. I think we're pretty awesome people. You should really get to know us. For only $100 an hour.

I knew a guy who didn't have issues.

He had a lifetime subscription in bound volumes dating back to 1966.

Snake Sneak

Post Friday, 8th May 2015, 20:11

If someone posted about wanting to watch videos of women getting kicked in the box he'd be rightfully banned. I wonder if the normalization of violence against men is a kind of necessary inverse of the various prejudices that make violence against women taboo.

For this message the author Kismet has received thanks: 4
Arrhythmia, dowan, Rast, rockygargoyle

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 8th May 2015, 20:57

duvessa wrote: it just means you want to stomp on spiders, because you hate them or youre afraid of them or whatever.

My translocations skill isn't going to just raise itself, you know.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 8th May 2015, 21:14

Kismet wrote:If someone posted about wanting to watch videos of women getting kicked in the box he'd be rightfully banned. I wonder if the normalization of violence against men is a kind of necessary inverse of the various prejudices that make violence against women taboo.
In a patriarchal culture, men are seen as having agency and responsibility, whereas women (and things considered non-masculine in general) are seen as unable to make decisions or care for themselves - like children. They are seen as helpless, physically and mentally, and so violence against them by men, who are not seen as helpless, is considered deplorable. This is also a big part of why female-on-male violence, even sexual assault, is often not taken seriously; how could a big, strong, smart man be raped by a helpless, pathetic woman? So even though these cultural biases appear to help individual women, they are inherently misogynistic. Also consider the causes of bottom shame in gay men ("which one of you is the woman in the relationship?").
There's also the element of punching up versus punching down. Men, as a whole, have been the most advantaged gender in human societies for a long, long time, with few (and isolated) exceptions until you go far back into pre-history. To lash out at the most powerful is often seen as heroic. To lash out at the disadvantaged is awful in the opinion of pretty much everybody.

Besides, balls are funny because everyone knows they're stupid looking and way more sensitive than they need to be. No other visible part of the human body makes people collapse and blubber in pain when it gets hit by a Nerf ball, and yet takes no actual damage from it. Internal genitalia just don't compare that way.

For this message the author duvessa has received thanks: 6
archaeo, Arrhythmia, Lasty, nicolae, PleasingFungus, rockygargoyle

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Friday, 8th May 2015, 21:37

duvessa wrote:being asexual doesnt mean your libido was forcefully destroyed it means it was never there in the first place. or in some cases, was there but went away on its own. i bet you dont like eating spiders either, is that because your spider eating ibido was forcefully destroyed? no it just means you dont want to eat spiders. and if you stomp on spiders that doesnt mean your spider eating ibido was destroyed either, it just means you want to stomp on spiders, because you hate them or youre afraid of them or whatever. this is no different, i wanted to kick a guy in the balls just because i thought i'd enjoy a good balls kicking, not because of ibido destruction or even because i hate balls or am afraid of them i just wanted to kick some, i dont even really want to anymore, though now that i think about it i might go find some more nut shot videos on youtube. heh heh that skateboarder's balls really smashed into that lamp post, that had to hurt

funny thing, when I said "sublimated libido", it had nothing to do with you being asexual, but was a joke about how therapists stereotypically associate everything with some hidden, unsolved sexual desire. I understand what you mean by asexual. another funny thing, I eat spiders regularly too, but they are not that good. I strongly prefer cicadas and crickets, and my favourite are ants.

For this message the author Hirsch I has received thanks: 4
Arrhythmia, PleasingFungus, rockygargoyle, scorpionwarrior

Shoals Surfer

Post Friday, 8th May 2015, 21:56

duvessa wrote:way more sensitive than they need to be

its totally worth it though
"No one should have two lives / Now you know my middle names are wrong and right / But baby there's no guidance / When random rules"

For this message the author scorpionwarrior has received thanks:
Arrhythmia

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Friday, 8th May 2015, 22:43

no it isn't, I would give my balls to have no balls.

xentronium

Abyss Ambulator

Post Saturday, 9th May 2015, 06:26

I go away from the Tavern for a few weeks and this happens.
Three wins: Gargoyle Earth Elementalist of Ash, Ogre Fighter of Ru, Deep Dwarf Fighter of Makhleb (0.16 bugbuild :( )

Barkeep

Post Saturday, 9th May 2015, 06:57

Creepy post deleted. (Well, a creepy post was deleted.)

For this message the author and into has received thanks:
n1000

Snake Sneak

Post Saturday, 9th May 2015, 16:35

duvessa wrote:
Kismet wrote:If someone posted about wanting to watch videos of women getting kicked in the box he'd be rightfully banned. I wonder if the normalization of violence against men is a kind of necessary inverse of the various prejudices that make violence against women taboo.
In a patriarchal culture, men are seen as having agency and responsibility, whereas women (and things considered non-masculine in general) are seen as unable to make decisions or care for themselves - like children. They are seen as helpless, physically and mentally, and so violence against them by men, who are not seen as helpless, is considered deplorable. This is also a big part of why female-on-male violence, even sexual assault, is often not taken seriously; how could a big, strong, smart man be raped by a helpless, pathetic woman? So even though these cultural biases appear to help individual women, they are inherently misogynistic. Also consider the causes of bottom shame in gay men ("which one of you is the woman in the relationship?").
There's also the element of punching up versus punching down. Men, as a whole, have been the most advantaged gender in human societies for a long, long time, with few (and isolated) exceptions until you go far back into pre-history. To lash out at the most powerful is often seen as heroic. To lash out at the disadvantaged is awful in the opinion of pretty much everybody.

Besides, balls are funny because everyone knows they're stupid looking and way more sensitive than they need to be. No other visible part of the human body makes people collapse and blubber in pain when it gets hit by a Nerf ball, and yet takes no actual damage from it. Internal genitalia just don't compare that way.

I don't think you understood my post.

Tomb Titivator

Post Monday, 11th May 2015, 15:47

and into wrote:Creepy post deleted. (Well, a creepy post was deleted.)

what did it say?

For this message the author johlstei has received thanks: 2
Rast, Sar

Blades Runner

Post Monday, 11th May 2015, 17:56

Hirsch I wrote:...and my favourite are ants.

Mmm, they are sour and a bit chewy. But you gotta catch a whole lot for a decent chomp!
Sorry for derail. What was it? Balls? Balls it is, then.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 11th May 2015, 19:47

johlstei wrote:

what did it say?
it said "boo"

For this message the author duvessa has received thanks: 4
and into, Arrhythmia, PleasingFungus, rockygargoyle

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Monday, 11th May 2015, 20:07

johlstei wrote:

what did it say?

and into: "okay so i deleted a creepy post so that people wouldn't see it. the next step is clearly to show it to everyone"
take it easy

For this message the author Arrhythmia has received thanks: 2
and into, duvessa

Sar

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 11th May 2015, 20:38

he could just PM it

For this message the author Sar has received thanks: 2
Arrhythmia, rockygargoyle

Tomb Titivator

Post Monday, 11th May 2015, 21:15

PM me too please
If you are offended by something I've posted, just PM me. It probably wasn't intentional.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Monday, 11th May 2015, 21:23

PM everyone on the tavern, so the deletion means pretty much nothing.
seriously, I'm so curious.

Arrhythmia

Tomb Titivator

Post Monday, 11th May 2015, 22:07

Arrhythmia wrote:
johlstei wrote:

what did it say?

and into: "okay so i deleted a creepy post so that people wouldn't see it. the next step is clearly to show it to everyone"
that was the joke

Though really, I'd like to know what it says, what was it?

For this message the author johlstei has received thanks: 2
Arrhythmia, rockygargoyle

Barkeep

Post Tuesday, 12th May 2015, 19:35

It wasn't anything interesting. Go to any random youtube video with more than 100,000 views and read the comments section, you will probably see verbatim (or close to it) what was posted here. It was just some juvenile sexist crap. I appear to have invested it with an air of mystery that (I assure you) it did not deserve.

But we are letting this distract us from the real matter at hand, which is New combat move: wound.

For this message the author and into has received thanks: 2
Arrhythmia, PleasingFungus

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Wednesday, 13th May 2015, 01:07

and into wrote:Go to any random youtube video with more than 100,000 views and read the comments section

You posted this in the wrong thread; it belongs here instead: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13167

For this message the author Rast has received thanks:
and into
Next

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner