Race idea: Scrap Golem

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Abyss Ambulator

Post Saturday, 9th May 2015, 20:10

Race idea: Scrap Golem

A hulking pile of scrap given life by dark magics. Although it is surprisingly intelligent given it's brutish appearance, it's physical form is unstable, the only thing constant being the head connected to the magical core. It's creator was thoughtful, and put two small studs on the top of its head that can hold rings.

TL:DR- Clubs things with pieces of armour. Destroys item on unequip.

Intrinsics:
* Does not need to eat
* Cannot wear gloves or boots

Special weirdness:
* Cannot use weapons- it cannot grip them in its misshapen hands
* Can equip armour of ring mail size or higher in the weapon slot. This merges the armour with its hands
* Equipped armour trains Maces and Flails
* Armour's damage is twice its base AC. It's to-hit is 1/4 the encumbrance. Regular armour speed is equal to the encumbrance (+4 for ring mail, +3 for scale mail to balance). Special armours like dragon armours would be on a per-item basis for balance reasons.
* Armour's resistance brands are reversed: rF becomes flame, rC becomes freeze, rElec becomes elec, rPois becomes venom, rNeg becomes Holy, +AC becomes +Slay.
* Body armour and weapons, when equipped, are merged with the golem. As such, they are destroyed when unequipped.

Stats:
Str - 12 Int - 8 Dex - 3; Gain one Str or Int every 4 levels.

Aptitudes:
Fighting: 1, Short: NA, Long: NA, Axes: NA, Maces: +2, Polearms: NA, Staves: NA, Slings: NA, Bows: NA, Xbows: NA, Throw: -2, Armour: 3, Dodge: -4, Stealth: -2, Shields: 2, Inv: -1*, Evo: 2, Exp: -1, HP: 1, MP: 1

Visual reference:
Similar to Charade from Soul Caliber http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2008 ... harade.jpg only more steampunk and shittier. But magical core + head + bits of scrap loosely collected around it.
Three wins: Gargoyle Earth Elementalist of Ash, Ogre Fighter of Ru, Deep Dwarf Fighter of Makhleb (0.16 bugbuild :( )

For this message the author TeshiAlair has received thanks:
n1000

Tomb Titivator

Post Saturday, 9th May 2015, 20:57

Re: Race idea: Scrap Golem

Why does rNeg become holy and not drain/pain or something?
If you are offended by something I've posted, just PM me. It probably wasn't intentional.

Abyss Ambulator

Post Saturday, 9th May 2015, 21:26

That makes more sense, idk why I thought holy.
Three wins: Gargoyle Earth Elementalist of Ash, Ogre Fighter of Ru, Deep Dwarf Fighter of Makhleb (0.16 bugbuild :( )

Pandemonium Purger

Post Monday, 11th May 2015, 03:29

I think rNeg becoming holy makes a lot of sense. PDA should have holy brand.
http://crawl.akrasiac.org/scoring/playe ... speon.html. I started playing in 0.16.1
I achieved greatplayer in less than a year.
Remove food

Slime Squisher

Post Monday, 11th May 2015, 11:17

TeshiAlair wrote:Similar to Charade from Soul Caliber ...only more steampunk and shittier.

I love it

Abyss Ambulator

Post Monday, 11th May 2015, 14:40

Other comments:

1. No cloaks.
2. Wielded armours would still provide their resistances. So, rF armour would be both rF and flaming. This is to counterbalance the lack of aux slots and the fact that swapping would destroy the item.
3. Flat magic apts across the board.
4. Can still drink potions, doesn't have rPois or rNeg, because the core is a living magical entity. It may not need to eat, but it can still be injured and affected by organic things. I almost picture it as a cross between a Giant Eyeball and a hermit crab living in a scrapheap.

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner