Best Ideas Ever Thread

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Slime Squisher

Post Sunday, 19th April 2015, 19:45

Best Ideas Ever Thread

When you hit enemies, chunks pop out.

These chunks do not decay, ever. You can't eat em, pick em up, or do anything to them. Enjoy your new floor texture! (%)

Piety decays by 10 points every 150 turns, and all gods no longer accept piety from any sources except sacrificing any and all items.

Player melee now works as it was originally intended: every time you hit someone, it subtracts 25% of their max HP.

Player casting now works as it was originally intended: all spells heal enemies.

Ely now gives you 100 piety, which you can spend and never regain. Also, her abilities have been changed to just 1 heal ability which costs 100 piety and heals all enemies in LOS by 10 hp a turn for the rest of the game. Oh yeah, and by LOS I mean everyone's los, so if 3 rats and you can all see an OOF or something, that monster gets healed by 50 hp every turn. Oh, and don't worry, for *balance* we did the same thing for you.

And we made you unable to quit.

ENJOY NEW CRAWL

Aside note:

These are jokes and not serious at all. Add some more in posts below!
Lord of Lignification, we bow down to you.

...why aren't you bowing? Stop reading this and bow.

Zot Zealot

Post Sunday, 19th April 2015, 20:38

treerex5 wrote:These are jokes and not serious at all. Add some more in posts below!

-> Three steps to win the game
-> What bad advice would you give to people you don't like?

Tomb Titivator

Post Tuesday, 21st April 2015, 05:09

Re: Best Ideas Ever Thread

Monsterless mode!

There are no enemies; just treasure, runes and the orb!
Comborobin Admin

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Tuesday, 21st April 2015, 14:33

treerex5 wrote:Ely now gives you 100 piety, which you can spend and never regain.

This is gold. Not necessarily for Ely, but for someone.

For this message the author jejorda2 has received thanks:
Arrhythmia

Halls Hopper

Post Tuesday, 21st April 2015, 18:20

Slime Roulette!

Backstory: Many thousands of years ago, the Dungeon was over-run by the Slime Horde! Everyone and everything was slaughtered and consumed.

The slimes are the only mobs present in the dungeon, no items spawn. However, slimes have a small chance of regurgitating an item on death and/or passively.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 21st April 2015, 18:32

New god called "Devil". Upon joining you immediately must select 0-5 items from a list of 5 good unrandarts which you will get in 100 turns. As cost you will be under permanent wrath of 0-5 gods depending on number of selected items, the wrath will never end. You can never abandon Devil, also it does not accept characters who ever worshiped any other god.

For this message the author Sandman25 has received thanks:
Hirsch I

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Tuesday, 21st April 2015, 18:39

this... this is actually pretty cool for a challenge. wait, wasnt there a proposal to link Lugonu piety with descecrating other god's altars?
my posts are to be read in a mildly playful tone, with a deep, sexy voice.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 21st April 2015, 18:46

A spell that lets you create potions from corpses, which you can then throw for effect by using a different spell.
"Be aware that a lot of people on this forum, such as mageykun and XuaXua, have a habit of making things up." - minmay a.k.a. duvessa
Did I make a lame complaint? Check for Bingo!
Totally gracious CSDC Season 2 Division 4 Champeen!

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 21st April 2015, 18:47

Hirsch I wrote:this... this is actually pretty cool for a challenge. wait, wasnt there a proposal to link Lugonu piety with descecrating other god's altars?

I am not familiar with Lugonu suggestion details. The idea was inspired by tales about devil, it can be fun to lose ability to join another god for nothing (when no items are worth it to experience wrath), it can be fun to die to god wrath before receiving those items (though 100 turns is too few, probably it should be changed to "in 3 XL" or something like that), it can be fun to get "Devil would grant you [item 3] without incurring any god wrath if you selected it and nothing else" after the choice etc.

Slime Squisher

Post Tuesday, 21st April 2015, 20:10

XuaXua wrote:A spell that lets you create potions from corpses, which you can then throw for effect by using a different spell.

Let's also make the potions things you wouldn't touch with a 20 foot pole.
Lord of Lignification, we bow down to you.

...why aren't you bowing? Stop reading this and bow.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 21st April 2015, 20:52

Since Chei is worse than no god, allow players to worship chei and a second god. All abilities of both gods function as normal.

I need this because I keep thinking about other gods and saying "hmm, this god's X ability would go well with my 30 dex" before I realize I won't have 30 dex if I worship that god.

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner