Card arts

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Temple Termagant

Post Thursday, 2nd April 2015, 01:44

Card arts

Since 0.16, Crawl contains descriptions of pictures on cards (I found them in /dat/descript/cards.txt). I want to make an actual deck out of it, but I feel silly nostalgic for retracted cards. I know that the descriptions were written by theTower, nicolae-, PleasingFungus, ontoclasm, and the rest of ##crawl-dev (aba162c | theTower | 2014-11-12 18:18:42 -0800 line in http://crawl.develz.org/trunk/changes.txt), but I am very embarrassed to write to them in questioning of depictions of removed cards. Maybe you can invent ones? Thank you.
P.S. My artistic skills are incredibly bad, I doubt that I can show what I will do - in the best case, it will resemble prehistoric art. Most likely, I will order the drawings from the artist, if I ever will have money.
P.P.S. Cards, descriptions of which I would like to have: Metamorphosis, Herd, Bones (removed in 0.16), Experience, Sage, Water, Vitrification, Trowel, Minefield,
Shuffle, Warp, Portal, Frost, Flame, Spark, Flight, Battlelust, and Genie (0.15), Bargain (0.14), Spade (0.11). Maybe also some cards from https://crawl.develz.org/wiki/doku.php? ... ical:decks development wiki?
Sorry for bad English

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 15th April 2015, 22:22

Re: Card arts

I don't think the descriptions follow any significant style, from the commit you mentioned they are described as simply "Mostly a whole bunch of vaguely-symbolic vaguely-iconic flavour". If you're looking for removed card descriptions, I'd say just make up your own art? Or let the artist you commision do so...

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Thursday, 16th April 2015, 01:01

Re: Card arts

I'm flattered that you like my descriptions (you can tell which ones are mine because they're the best) but I'm not sure I'm feeling up for making up new ones at the moment. Like tasonir said, though, most of them are just symbolism and/or abstraction. It might be fun to try to think of your own.

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner