Cannibal God?

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Tomb Titivator

Post Sunday, 29th March 2015, 12:35

Cannibal God?

I was thinking the other day that it would be interesting to have a god who is cannibalistic and rewards players for eating the denizens of the dungeon. Basically goes off of some beliefs of gaining their strength through eating them. Several benefits could include letting the player always eat chucks. Maybe some piety level presents poisoning from chunks. Perhaps eating mutated chunks has a reduced mutation chance or could produce good mutations very rarely. Maybe a chance to gain a random stat(very low as you will eat tons of chunks doing this) or something else akin to gaining your enemies strength though devouring them.

Clearly not fully fleshed out (pretty funny right?) but a idea I thought could be interesting.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Sunday, 29th March 2015, 12:40

Re: Cannibal God?

Invo-27 title: Cannibal Corpse.
DCSS: 97:...MfCj}SpNeBaEEGrFE{HaAKTrCK}DsFESpHu{FoArNaBe}
FeEE{HOIEMiAE}GrGlHuWrGnWrNaAKBaFi{MiDeMfDe}{DrAKTrAMGhEnGnWz}
{PaBeDjFi}OgAKPaCAGnCjOgCKMfAEAtCKSpCjDEEE{HOSu
Bloat: 17: RaRoPrPh{GuStGnCa}{ArEtZoNb}KiPaAnDrBXDBQOApDaMeAGBiOCNKAsFnFlUs{RoBoNeWi

For this message the author Sprucery has received thanks:
Hirsch I

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Sunday, 29th March 2015, 13:36

maaaaaaan, this makes me want a God of Metal.
my posts are to be read in a mildly playful tone, with a deep, sexy voice.

mps

Tomb Titivator

Post Sunday, 29th March 2015, 17:52

I think they ought to change/retheme Yredelemnul along similar lines, but with macabre artifact gifts with weird otherwise rare properties (like rRot) made of recently killed monsters' body parts, multiple finger amulets, etc.
Dungeon Crawling Advice tl;dr: Protect ya neck.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 30th March 2015, 19:19

ajon wrote: or could produce good mutations very rarely. Maybe a chance to gain a random stat

Alternative: eating mutagenic chunks causes you to gain +1 in a random stat, 100% of the time. Then, this deteriorates like stat rot heals over time, so if you eat 4 chunks, you get +1 str, +2 int, +1 dex (for example, it's random). 864 turns later, you lose the dex bonus, then 631 turns later you lose one point of the int, etc. Something like 500-1000 turns for a stat to decay.

Killing a full pack of ugly things could end up with +10-15 total stats (so about 3-5 each), which may be a bit high, but you can always adjust the rate of decay. If total bonus stats is > 5, double the rate you lose them, etc.

Sar

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 30th March 2015, 19:25

sounds like adding a lot of technically optimal micromanagement with minimal benefits

For this message the author Sar has received thanks:
duvessa

Barkeep

Post Monday, 30th March 2015, 20:14

Well, +10 to a stat is nothing to sneeze at, but in order to get it, you'd have to juggle chunks, which rot according to one clock, with a separate deterioration clock (neither of which are kept track of visually for the player), and you'd have to apply these buffs to yourself with a non-interruptible multi-turn action that requires multiple keystrokes or the inventory window. So basically this would be a complete interface nightmare.

Slime Squisher

Post Tuesday, 31st March 2015, 01:58

Hirsch I wrote:maaaaaaan, this makes me want a God of Metal.

*UPDATE* God of Metal now fully coded, at ****** can pray on an altar to convert any armour to a solid gear made of metal that insta-k.o's snakes.

Spoiler: show
Sorry for that.
Lord of Lignification, we bow down to you.

...why aren't you bowing? Stop reading this and bow.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Tuesday, 31st March 2015, 12:06

this spoiler should be your signature :lol:
my posts are to be read in a mildly playful tone, with a deep, sexy voice.

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner