Potion of Mythridatism

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Dis Charger

Post Monday, 30th March 2015, 15:52

Potion of Mythridatism

Mythridatism is exposing oneself to poison in order to make oneself immune to further poisoning. A potion of mythridatism would give you a few levels of poison; but poison immunity for a number of turns; removing the poisoning would end the effect. Replaces 'Potion of Poison'. Could also roll into 'potion of resistance' to make that potion not so...extremely excellent.
I'm beginning to feel like a Cat God! Felid streaks: {FeVM^Sif Muna, FeWn^Dithmenos, FeAr^Pakellas}, {FeEE^Ashenzari, FeEn^Gozag, FeNe^Sif Muna, FeAE^Vehumet...(ongoing)}

For this message the author bcadren has received thanks: 2
Berder, scorpionwarrior

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Monday, 30th March 2015, 19:54

Re: Potion of Mythridatism

Poison immunity in return for poisoning as a potion, and as a replacement for potion of poison, is a grand idea.

If resistance needs to be double-edged, instead of rare, could it maybe remove the ability to have resistances better than one pip while in effect? Maybe it could also give potion resistance, which keeps you from quaffing anything else until it wears off.

And I'm tempted to bikeshed the name of Mythridatism. Viper Milk? It still doesn't tell you what it does. "Potion of Poison and Immunity?" "Potion of Antivenin?"

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Monday, 30th March 2015, 20:39

Re: Potion of Mythridatism

goddamnit, this is very good! see a black mamba without rPoison, chug one of those, get heavily poisoned, but immune to it's, more dangerous, poison. I think it should be like ambrosia: if you cure yourself, you lose its effect.
I could try making a patch for this, even though I'm not very sharp with my C++ yet. :mrgreen:
my posts are to be read in a mildly playful tone, with a deep, sexy voice.

For this message the author Hirsch I has received thanks:
bcadren

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner