Bugh, the Insect Overmind

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Dis Charger

Post Saturday, 28th March 2015, 00:30

Bugh, the Insect Overmind

I wrote once about the idea of there being multiple (B-Slot) gods that are each worshiped by only one race. This was turned into 'every race can recruit their own kind' which god made fun of; but wasn't what I meant. Here's a concept for a (B-God). [Side Note: I actually do think it'd be an interesting option for Draconians in extended; pick up a Draconian pack from Zot, use it in extended; but have to suffer earlier god's wrath since no one would go through 3 runes with no god. *Shrug*]

Gaining Bugh: Bugh only accepts worship from insects. Only Formacids may worship her.

Piety: Kills?

Abilities:
  • * Hive Mind [Passive] - The deity does much of your thinking for you. Clarity. Int bonus (scales with piety, up to +5).
  • * Pooled Poisons - Natural poison enhancer. Venom branded weapons become 'strong' poison, which has a 1/4 chance of ignoring rPois.
  • ** Telepathy [Passive] - [T]elling your allies commands is silent and takes 0 aut.
  • ** God Gift - Insects. [Royal Jelly] - God offers you insects as permanent allies. Power of the insects goes up with time worshiped.
  • ** Shared Experiences [Passive] - Your insect allies gain half your XP.
  • ** Assimilate [Small Piety - 2 MP] - Attempts to enslave the target. [3 x Invo x (6 - Creature's Intelligence) vs. MR] (capped at 125). If enslavement is successful the target's intelligence is set to insect and they cannot use stairs. Gives half XP.
    • High Intelligence - 5
    • Normal - 3
    • Animal - 2
    • Plant, Zombie - 1
    • Insect - 0
  • *** Recall Insects [Small Piety - 4MP] - Recall all your permanent allies to your location.
  • *** Insect Precision - +to-hit that scales with piety. (+1-+5). You may stab with any weapon. (All Short get Dagger Bonus; All Long get Short Bonus; Everything else gets long bonus).
  • **** Buff Ally - [Royal Jelly - Small Piety] - Raises the HD of the target creature by 2-5.
  • ***** Virulence [Medium Piety - 7 MP] - All enemies with poison get their poison levels increased [+(Invo/50)% (Max: 54%)]. Invo vs. MR check to remove rPois.
  • ***** God Gift - Improvements. [Royal Jelly] You are occasionally offered a mutation. Unlike the chaotic gods; you may choose to take the gift or not. There is a short list of gifts, each forbids some armours while offering an attack or passive as a trade; some mutations will overwrite each other.

Insect Gifts: [Earliest to Latest]
  • Scorpion
  • Vampire Mosquito
  • Soldier Ant
  • Boulder Beetle
  • Jumping Spider
  • Queen Bee - Buffed to summon her own killer bees which arrive berserked. [2-3 at a time; summon cap of 5] Can't Berserk other insects.
  • Hornet
  • White Moth - Fragile Moth that casts 'Heal Other' and 'Might Other' on other insects. Can't might you. Healing on you is weak (2d6).
  • Orb Spider
  • Fire Crab - Don't friendly fire.
  • Emperor Scorpion
  • Ghost Moth - Drain Gazeis single targeted Anti-Magic in the hands of the player.

Mutation Gifts:
  • Hardened carapace - +5AC, no Heavy Armour [Body slot.]
  • Silvery Wings - +5EV, Permaflight, no heavy armour. [Body slot.]
  • Spiky Carapace - +2 AC, all incoming melee hits take recoil. No heavy armour. [Body slot.]
  • Spinnerets - You may ensnare (throwing net) enemies in melee range on a breath timer. Movement slowed by 1 aut.[Tail Slot.]
  • Paralytic Stinger - You may attempt to paralyze creatures in melee range (breath timer; hurt self 2d5 HP), checking rPois. Movement slowed by 1 aut.[Tail Slot.]
  • Branded Bite - You may have one [Vampiric, Degeneration (AC- and HD- on target), Strong Poison], no hats.

Notes:
  • The cost of accepting gifts and relative power of the insects is meant to optimize the god towards having very few; very powerful allies.
  • Food ?acq becomes Royal Jelly ?acq.
Last edited by bcadren on Saturday, 28th March 2015, 15:00, edited 1 time in total.
I'm beginning to feel like a Cat God! Felid streaks: {FeVM^Sif Muna, FeWn^Dithmenos, FeAr^Pakellas}, {FeEE^Ashenzari, FeEn^Gozag, FeNe^Sif Muna, FeAE^Vehumet...(ongoing)}

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Saturday, 28th March 2015, 02:07

Re: Bugh, the Insect Overmind

bcadren wrote:* Hive Mind [Passive] - The deity does much of your thinking for you. Clarity. Int bonus (scales with piety, up to +10).

Chei-like stat bonus to Int, without any Chei-like downside? Plus Clarity? This ability by itself would be almost strong enough for an entire god. +10 int is approximately wizardry + archmagi.
*** Insect Precision - +to-hit that scales with piety. (+5-+12). You may stab with any weapon. (All Short get Dagger Bonus; All Long get Short Bonus; Everything else gets long bonus).

Again too powerful. Compare this to Dithmenos umbra or TSO halo, which alter accuracy a much smaller amount.

All that plus allies and powerful mutations.
streaks: 5 fifteen rune octopodes. 15 diverse chars. 13 random chars. 24 NaWn^gozag.
251 total wins Berder hyperborean + misc
83/108 recent wins (76%)
guides: safe tactics value of ac/ev/sh forum toxicity

mps

Tomb Titivator

Post Saturday, 28th March 2015, 02:33

Jimya: the meat strip overlord.

Like Fedhas and Bugh, except with strips of meat (i.e. abominations)!

Invocations consume beef jerky!

etc.!

motto: Snap into a slim jim... ya!
Dungeon Crawling Advice tl;dr: Protect ya neck.

For this message the author mps has received thanks:
Dungeoneer

Blades Runner

Post Saturday, 28th March 2015, 07:19

bcadren wrote:I wrote once about the idea of there being multiple (B-Slot) gods that are each worshiped by only one race. This was turned into 'every race can recruit their own kind' which god made fun of; but wasn't what I meant. Here's a concept for a (B-God). [Side Note: I actually do think it'd be an interesting option for Draconians in extended; pick up a Draconian pack from Zot, use it in extended; but have to suffer earlier god's wrath since no one would go through 3 runes with no god. *Shrug*]

I'm having a hell of a time trying to figure out what this means. Does "B-Slot" mean like a second god in addition to your primary? Or do you mean there should be multiple gods starting with the letter B? Are these recruit own species gods basically Beoghs? I'm so confused.

Eringya's Employee

Post Saturday, 28th March 2015, 09:52

Bugh... Because he's a bug. Genius!
MuCK;
  Code:
612 | D:1      | Xom revived you
614 | D:1      | Xom revived you
614 | D:1      | Slain by a gnoll

Dis Charger

Post Saturday, 28th March 2015, 14:52

moocowmoocow wrote:
bcadren wrote:I wrote once about the idea of there being multiple (B-Slot) gods that are each worshiped by only one race. This was turned into 'every race can recruit their own kind' which god made fun of; but wasn't what I meant. Here's a concept for a (B-God). [Side Note: I actually do think it'd be an interesting option for Draconians in extended; pick up a Draconian pack from Zot, use it in extended; but have to suffer earlier god's wrath since no one would go through 3 runes with no god. *Shrug*]

I'm having a hell of a time trying to figure out what this means. Does "B-Slot" mean like a second god in addition to your primary? Or do you mean there should be multiple gods starting with the letter B? Are these recruit own species gods basically Beoghs? I'm so confused.

Just means multiple gods that start with 'b' and only accept a few species. :P

Another one of them is the water god that would only accept Op and Mf.

Berder wrote:
bcadren wrote:* Hive Mind [Passive] - The deity does much of your thinking for you. Clarity. Int bonus (scales with piety, up to +10).

Chei-like stat bonus to Int, without any Chei-like downside? Plus Clarity? This ability by itself would be almost strong enough for an entire god. +10 int is approximately wizardry + archmagi.
*** Insect Precision - +to-hit that scales with piety. (+5-+12). You may stab with any weapon. (All Short get Dagger Bonus; All Long get Short Bonus; Everything else gets long bonus).

Again too powerful. Compare this to Dithmenos umbra or TSO halo, which alter accuracy a much smaller amount.

All that plus allies and powerful mutations.

I just kind of winged it on the numbers. +10 is less than +15. It was supposed to be an augment, but not as extreme of one. BUT the Clarity was supposed to be a bigger deal than the Int.

Same note with Precision. +5-+12 actually is higher than the TSO bonus +1-+9 at random on each hit; but Halo also gives SInv (irrelevant to Fo, but still) and divides your stealth by 2.5 (actually seems like a relatively high cost for the god, IMO). Again though the stabbing was the primary thing; the to-hit just a random amount of thematic slaying.
I'm beginning to feel like a Cat God! Felid streaks: {FeVM^Sif Muna, FeWn^Dithmenos, FeAr^Pakellas}, {FeEE^Ashenzari, FeEn^Gozag, FeNe^Sif Muna, FeAE^Vehumet...(ongoing)}

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 28th March 2015, 15:22

The stabbing thing is conceivably better than a small amount of slaying for some characters, but clarity is always going to be worse than a tiny int increase (even 2 or 3, 10 is completely ridiculous) unless your character doesn't cast any spells. But since you're worshipping Bugh, not Trog, that probably won't be the case unless you're intentionally skilling badly.

mps

Tomb Titivator

Post Saturday, 28th March 2015, 19:00

TehDruid wrote:Bugh... Because he's a bug. Genius!

Oh, I get it. But wait, why doesn't he gift bats too? Fire bat allies would be pretty good.
Dungeon Crawling Advice tl;dr: Protect ya neck.

For this message the author mps has received thanks:
bcadren

Dis Charger

Post Saturday, 28th March 2015, 19:11

mps wrote:
TehDruid wrote:Bugh... Because he's a bug. Genius!

Oh, I get it. But wait, why doesn't he gift bats too? Fire bat allies would be pretty good.
Congratulations, you got my reference!

Pandemonium Purger

Post Saturday, 28th March 2015, 19:41

i thought it was just `ugh` with a b added
seattle washington. friends for life. mods hate on me and devs ignore my posts. creater of exoelfs and dc:pt

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Saturday, 28th March 2015, 21:08

Pronounced "byoo" to rhyme with "hugh."
streaks: 5 fifteen rune octopodes. 15 diverse chars. 13 random chars. 24 NaWn^gozag.
251 total wins Berder hyperborean + misc
83/108 recent wins (76%)
guides: safe tactics value of ac/ev/sh forum toxicity

Slime Squisher

Post Tuesday, 31st March 2015, 02:01

Better than Burgh (that horrible Gym leader name though)
Lord of Lignification, we bow down to you.

...why aren't you bowing? Stop reading this and bow.

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner