The Debate Derail Thread

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Thursday, 21st May 2015, 04:55

Re: The Debate Derail Thread

Hirsch I wrote:well, it is harder because you dont document pretty much every step of your personal life on the tavern :roll:
but...
Spoiler: show

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
edit: you also sound like you have well kept nails, and expressive eyebrows.

oh, oh, do me, do me!
take it easy

For this message the author Arrhythmia has received thanks: 4
duvessa, Greyr, Hirsch I, rockygargoyle

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Thursday, 21st May 2015, 09:56

Greyr wrote:"young-male-chef-wearing-toque-smiling-isolated-over-white.jpg"

Dang dude, how did you know?
Actually my eyebrows are pretty stiff. I have always wanted to be able to, like, do the wave with them and stuff but I am just physically unable. My nails are usually pretty well kept (I was just in the garden though, so maybe not at this exact moment).

My turn! I'm getting a darker, more hirsute Robert Downy Jr. Vibe from you, Hirsch I.

hahaha, I wish. my ex once described me as a viking-elf hybrid: charming as a viking, manly as an elf :cry:
I can't grow a beard for the life on me, so I stick with the hairmetal look.

Arrhythmia wrote:oh, oh, do me, do me!

damn, dude, take me to dinner or something beforehand. :lol: :lol:
hummm, maybe it is your avatar, but I see you as a robust light brown haired man, with a contagious laugh and soft earlobes that people want to hold onto when it is too warm outside. you also sound like you move your hands a lot when you talk, specially when you get excited. :mrgreen:
my posts are to be read in a mildly playful tone, with a deep, sexy voice.

For this message the author Hirsch I has received thanks: 2
Arrhythmia, Greyr

Slime Squisher

Post Thursday, 21st May 2015, 16:53

bcadren actually posted his face, i believe.
Lord of Lignification, we bow down to you.

...why aren't you bowing? Stop reading this and bow.

Slime Squisher

Post Thursday, 21st May 2015, 16:53

What have I made? It started as a joke, and now it's the tavern's 4chan.

Spider Stomper

Post Thursday, 21st May 2015, 17:39

Hirsch I wrote: as a train crashing on a bicycle.

I thought chicks dig the dangerous yet cool look?

Tomb Titivator

Post Thursday, 21st May 2015, 21:03

I can totally see Arrhy talking with his hands a lot.
If you are offended by something I've posted, just PM me. It probably wasn't intentional.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 21st May 2015, 21:08

Hirsch: I'm certain I've posted enough on this forum for you to guess at me :P

Regarding popcorn and penguins: If you've already slept over, especially not fully dressed (If were to crash at a strictly friend's place, I'd go to sleep jeans and all), it's safe to say there's probably some interest there. I do know some people who will go down to underwear even among friends, but I'd still say it's a good sign of interest. Plus the whole hanging out as often as you have. From my understanding of european social norms (seriously why do I know this) official "dates" are less important than in America - you usually hang out with people in groups until you decide "we should be a couple now" and do things alone. Americans are more likely to start by going on a "date" alone, and after a few successful ones, then become a couple. Basically, you're already dating as far as I see it, you just have to say it outloud to create common knowledge.

On the topic of common knowledge, this video is absolutely worth 11 minutes of your time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-son3EJTrU Note that it sometimes is referred as mutual knowledge, and sometimes mutual knowledge is taken to be a slightly weaker form (both knowing something, but not knowing that each other know something), so the term can be a bit ambiguous.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Friday, 22nd May 2015, 09:55

treerex5 wrote:bcadren actually posted his face, i believe.

that's how I know my guess was right. I still think I saw him before, but I can't remember when T.T
tasonir wrote:Hirsch: I'm certain I've posted enough on this forum for you to guess at me

let's see... in my crystal ball, Tasonir appears to have a curly, black hair, with glasses and a perpetually bored look, and a refined chuckle when amused. I can totally see you always with a coffee/strong tea mug, unkept but short beard. you also have pretty feet that you don't show often. :lol:
any wrong guesses are Ashenzari's fault. :roll:
treerex5 wrote:What have I made? It started as a joke, and now it's the tavern's 4chan.

so, still a joke?

For this message the author Hirsch I has received thanks:
tasonir

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 22nd May 2015, 20:25

Hirsch I wrote:let's see... in my crystal ball, Tasonir appears to have a curly, black hair, with glasses and a perpetually bored look, and a refined chuckle when amused. I can totally see you always with a coffee/strong tea mug, unkept but short beard. you also have pretty feet that you don't show often. :lol:
any wrong guesses are Ashenzari's fault. :roll:

At the danger of falling for the horroscope trap (vague descriptions that apply to anyone) you're mostly right except for the hair - straight, almost blonde. I was super blonde as a kid, but now it's moved somewhat more towards brown. I still call it ash blonde, but if you wanted to call it light brown, fine. I drink a ton of tea (no coffee)*, do wear glasses, and would say that the bored look/chuckle are fairly accurate. I don't have an an actual beard, but since my stubble is blonde, I tend to go 4-5 days between shaving and so have a fair amount of stubble most of the time. I'm not sure I'd call that a short beard, though.

And of course, my feet are amazing.

*Guessing both tea and coffee is something that probably applies to 95% of people, though :P

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 22nd May 2015, 20:32

For this message the author duvessa has received thanks: 2
cerebovssquire, Rast

Blades Runner

Post Saturday, 23rd May 2015, 08:43

Hirsch I wrote:it really is. thanks for showing us.
here, let me show you the song of my people.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wpt43Ki1vqA

Was listening to Hawaiian music and made me think of your video. I can't translate Hawaiian well, but I think it's still enjoyable without understanding the lyrics.
https://youtu.be/KaC3qirKSiw

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Monday, 25th May 2015, 18:24

tasonir wrote:At the danger of falling for the horroscope trap (vague descriptions that apply to anyone) you're mostly right except for the hair - straight, almost blonde. I was super blonde as a kid, but now it's moved somewhat more towards brown. I still call it ash blonde, but if you wanted to call it light brown, fine. I drink a ton of tea (no coffee)*, do wear glasses, and would say that the bored look/chuckle are fairly accurate. I don't have an an actual beard, but since my stubble is blonde, I tend to go 4-5 days between shaving and so have a fair amount of stubble most of the time. I'm not sure I'd call that a short beard, though.

And of course, my feet are amazing.

*Guessing both tea and coffee is something that probably applies to 95% of people, though :P

so, you look pretty much like me :lol:
about the horoscope trap, I never ever said I did not use underhanded tactics :P

Slime Squisher

Post Tuesday, 26th May 2015, 19:10

Try me! It will most likely be wildly inaccurate, however.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Tuesday, 26th May 2015, 19:50

For this message the author Hirsch I has received thanks: 3
Arrhythmia, rockygargoyle, Sprucery

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 26th May 2015, 20:00

treerex5 wrote:Try me! It will most likely be wildly inaccurate, however.

Here's you as a hearthstone card:

For this message the author tasonir has received thanks:
rockygargoyle

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 27th May 2015, 19:50

short boo hoo:

goddamnit railroad workers why did you have to suddenly decide to stop striking before pentecost, allowing PG to go on her stupid ass holiday after all despite us having plans and now i haven't seen her for 9 days, and only got 2 emails and a text, how about some dictatorship of the proletariat to make my personal life easier? and her phone was off on monday and yesterday so i can't very well call her tonight without looking dependent (yeah, yeah) but just call me back, jesus christ, and there's only like 20 ml of captain morgan left over from the weekend, if there isn't some bacterial miracle by friday i'll have been unsuccessfully trying to clone a single gene for a month and when my approximately 5 millionth (somehow suboptimal, but i don't know how) PCR of the week finishes the machine says "touch me to turn me off" or something like that and that's the only intimacy i apparently deserve.

on the bright side, whenever i see that message it makes me think of dirt by the stooges ("i said do you feel it, said do you feel it when you touch me"), which isn't tiring yet.
i had a good dream last night where i met a friend from my really old school - where i was 9-11 years old - but we were 19 and 21, and somehow i found all her medicine and saw we both had one type of tablets, which seemed like an unfinished job, so i went to a doctor determined to get a perfectly symmetrical med palette. and, finally, my neighbours have yet to complain about me playing dirt every morning before 7 AM, which to be fair, i do pretty quietly - just loud enough to feel like a rebel, you know?

For this message the author cerebovssquire has received thanks: 2
Arrhythmia, duvessa

Blades Runner

Post Friday, 29th May 2015, 18:42

Dirt is a pretty nice song. I like Open Up and Bleed as well... similarly slow and dirty.

Tomb Titivator

Post Friday, 29th May 2015, 20:53

Today at work we were making spanakopita but I pronounced it "spanktopia" in front of my boss
If you are offended by something I've posted, just PM me. It probably wasn't intentional.

For this message the author Greyr has received thanks:
cerebovssquire

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 30th May 2015, 16:32

Greyr wrote:Today at work we were making spanakopita but I pronounced it "spanktopia" in front of my boss

my boss has a habit (this has happened 3 times over the last month) of saying "coffee" and then laughing quietly whenever we're in front of the coffee-maker together. it's with a completely neutral voice, i mean there are tones where "coffee" can mean "god i love coffee" or "i hate this shit but i'm dependent on it so i drink it all day long anyway" but he's not saying it like that and i just don't know. yes, this liquid is called coffee and we're about to drink it, how am i supposed to respond to that man? and of course i'm the socially inept guy who can't carry a conversation with colleagues, how about you guys start saying things you can feasibly latch onto?
Last edited by cerebovssquire on Monday, 4th January 2016, 22:13, edited 2 times in total.

For this message the author cerebovssquire has received thanks: 3
Arrhythmia, moocowmoocow, n1000

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Saturday, 30th May 2015, 17:10

let it flow man. I used to like this girl, you see. Gabriela. she was a cute, short, funny red head. she liked everything I did, we played the same games, and she was quite into me, apparently. but one night, me, two more guys and three girls went on to play Twister, MTG and watch movies at my house, and this other girl, a brunette, with a less than average appearance, very religious, lays her head on my chest during the movie (we were all in one mattress, the place was very small.). I thought that was cute, so I started caressing her hair. after that movie, we put a scary one, and she says she does not like those. so I call her to the other room to chat and wait until it is over. she comes. she looks nervous as fuck. she proceeds to say she is a christian, and I should not expect nothing from this night (damn girl, I met you today, we are not going to have sex). we talk a little bit, and I kiss her. after a while, the movie is already almost over, and we start chatting. she just got in the uni, studies Physics, like me at the time. I ask her why, and she says "I must understand this, you know? all of this. I just have to learn, I've always been like that.".
she was a very interesting girl. we dated for some days, while I waited for the flame do die. then some more weeks, because it was fun. in the end, we had an amazing 2 year long relationship, went through a lot of shit together, and learned a lot from each other. I'm sad it is over, but it was worth it.
now, I'm going out with this girl, a singer. she is funny, beautiful, and seriously sings like a goddess, holy shit. she is not my type. there's this guy I like. but in the end, opportunities are what you make of them, you know? what if we work together? there is nothing wrong with trying it.
I wish you the best of lucks, man!

Slime Squisher

Post Thursday, 4th June 2015, 23:38

Dude, let's go eat some delicious spanktopia this evening.

Slime Squisher

Post Friday, 5th June 2015, 00:26

little bit of blogging to get it all off my chest.

Spent the day doing yard work. It was a cold morning. This time of year low cloud cover through the morning is typical but due to oceanic upwelling and onshore breeze we've had substantial cover by marine stratus clouds which persists into early/mid afternoon and even results in some drizzling in the early morning once in a while!

Well, fortunately the clouds cleared by about one in the afternoon and it really warmed up, temperatures reaching the mid 60s F (high teens C) which allowed me to do the work I had to do comfortably, and in the sun.

I spent the first part of the afternoon hoeing weeds from a large patch of dirt behind the house, and then raking the weeds into piles before throwing them over a hill. We plan to cover this area with DG (decomposed granite) and a delivery truck showed up and dropped off ten tons (!!) of the stuff while I was working. Overall, it was a good job, and that side of the yard looks great. Hoeing weeds is pretty hard work, and, despite the recent drizzles, it's been a very dry year so the ground was extra hard.

This sort of yard work is very gratifying. It gives me the opportunity to get some decent exercise while doing something useful at the same time. Since Thursday is one of my rest days when I do not go to the gym, I was especially happy to get to do something that involves moving around.

Later in the afternoon, we were all sitting down for some tea when I realized that I hadn't actually finished the work I set out to do! In the same area, but further from the house we had just hewn some branches from a medium-sized oak tree which were hanging a bit too low and obstructing things. I dashed back out, having only enjoyed, a generous choice of verb, I must say, a single sip of tea, to finish my work. Even though daylight hours extend to nearly eight in the evening this time of year, the same marine layer phenomenon which causes morning clouds makes the temperature drop quite quickly by evening so I really wanted to get it done ASAP!

I proceeded to back a pick-up truck into position near the branches. Heaved it it full of boughs, all facing trunk-side out, and then jumped up into the bed to crunch down all the twigs and stuff so I could load more up. After all, the truck was filled to the brim and I had to hurl some branches onto the top of the pile where they balanced precariously. Then I took the truck over to a pull-off at the main road where our neighbors have been dumping brush, etc., because the local fire department has volunteered to woodchip it, for free!

Writing all this reminds me that I've got to make it out to the fireman's fundraising barbecue this summer. I missed it last time, but they really make some great tri-tip and all around they're just great guys and I want to show my support. Furthermore, and don't tell anyone I said this, but I still get a kick out of looking at the fire trucks up close!

Cheers,
n1000

For this message the author n1000 has received thanks: 2
Arrhythmia, cerebovssquire

Pandemonium Purger

Post Friday, 5th June 2015, 00:51

There's not enough Power in Ru's ability names. The ability screen with Ru needs more Power. His third ability should be called Power Apocalypse of Power.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 5th June 2015, 01:07

'dildo' is a funny word because it sounds silly like it's the name of a kids' toy or something but nope, it means fake penis

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Monday, 8th June 2015, 02:58

fuck hydras. one or two are cool, but when you find 18 hydras from lair1 to lair6, with an axe wielding HOCk, it makes you want to punch a wall. which I did, and now my hand hurts. it may surprise you all, but I have issues with anger management. u.u

Slime Squisher

Post Thursday, 11th June 2015, 18:43

Really? Are you telling me that you're not a relaxed, chilled out, slightly stoned SpEn, but rather a TrBe?

Previous

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner