Portal Variant Ideas

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Dis Charger

Post Friday, 20th March 2015, 19:23

Portal Variant Ideas

Just some thoughts for some variants of existing portals:

Slime Sewer Early game introduction to the slime mechanics that's dangerous (for a sewer) but not as deadly as slime. Includes a weakened version of slime walls (mixed with metal 'sewer piping' walls.) Is semi-unique in that it would contain shallow water and lots of J's. Contains: Cockroaches, Mice, Eyeballs, Golden Eyes, Jellies, Oozes, a single Oklob Sapling and Portal-Unique 'Lesser Slime Creature'. Which, similarly to "Sickly Sirens" and "Decaying Bog Bodies" is just a weakened version of the normal Slime Creature which acts identically; but is weaker to not be extremely deadly when it spawns. Features include a "Jelly Trap" room which starts with very few jellies and a lot of piles of crap in the floor 'small ammo and gold piles; little enough to be useless to the player, but lets the Jellies multiply if not killed quickly. End area of the vault will have 5-7 'lesser slimes' and the lone oklob. Rough layout would include multiple spread out 'slime caves' with metal sewer pipes (thin, safe to walk through) between them. With the flavour roughly being that the sewer pipes had been corroded by Jelly acid causing an acidic incursion.

Branch-Specific Ice Caves
  • Orc Ice Cave - Several orc packs with improved gear; hardest lead by a Warlord (may be replaced with Roka); with guaranteed end-game tier weapon of Freezing [IE +4 Bardiche of Freezing]. Guaranteed Nergalle (replaced with DE Death Mage if she spawned elsewhere), which spawns with a pack of Troll, Ogre and Ettin Simulacra. Chance of Uruk with Frost Javelins.
  • Shoals Ice Cave - Lots of shallow water. Merfolk Aquamancers, Octopode Crushers, Alligator Snapping Turtle Simulacra, and a Kraken Simulacrum (boss). Unique Ice Crab (almost identical to Fire Crab, just Ice Clouds).
  • Swamp Ice Cave - Hydra Simulacra, Hydra Simulacra, everywhere. Anaconda simulacra. Also bog bodies. Lot's of ice clouds and shallow water. Ice and Swamp dragons together. Polar Bears.

Branch-Specific Volcanos
  • Snake Volcano - Mix of all Salamander tiers (including the Firebrand, usually not seen until Gehenna); Lava Snakes; Lyndwyrms; Guardian Serpents, Greater Nagas (guaranteed rF+ bardings and rF+ Leathers), chance of any of the unspawned Snake-Uniques.
  • Elf Volcano - Deadliest volcano. Heh. High tier elves (including Master Archers with Flaming Bows or Arrow of Flame stacks) and Draconian bands together. (Un)Fortunately the only melee threat are the Knights and Blademasters.
  • Spider Volcano - Fire Giants and Molten Gargoyles together with Tarantellas. Incursion of large amounts of the common spiders (no Ghost Moths or Emperor Scorps) with normal Volcano fair. Boss/end room contains several ogres (flaming GSC's), tarantella and wolf spiders and a couple moths of Wrath).
I'm beginning to feel like a Cat God! Felid streaks: {FeVM^Sif Muna, FeWn^Dithmenos, FeAr^Pakellas}, {FeEE^Ashenzari, FeEn^Gozag, FeNe^Sif Muna, FeAE^Vehumet...(ongoing)}

Tomb Titivator

Post Monday, 23rd March 2015, 22:13

Re: Portal Variant Ideas

bcadren wrote:Guaranteed Nergalle

why god ever

Pandemonium Purger

Post Monday, 23rd March 2015, 23:17

someone (else) code these up [right] now
seattle washington. friends for life. mods hate on me and devs ignore my posts. creater of exoelfs and dc:pt

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 23rd March 2015, 23:38

ZipZipskins wrote:

why god ever

I suppose if you entered the vault, and took the immediate exit, that would ensure that nergalle never generates elsewhere and that would be a good thing? ;)

For this message the author tasonir has received thanks: 2
and into, ZipZipskins

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 24th March 2015, 15:08

No more Death's Door spamming.
"Be aware that a lot of people on this forum, such as mageykun and XuaXua, have a habit of making things up." - minmay a.k.a. duvessa
Did I make a lame complaint? Check for Bingo!
Totally gracious CSDC Season 2 Division 4 Champeen!

Tomb Titivator

Post Tuesday, 31st March 2015, 04:52

tasonir wrote:
ZipZipskins wrote:

why god ever

I suppose if you entered the vault, and took the immediate exit, that would ensure that nergalle never generates elsewhere and that would be a good thing? ;)

literarily the only reason, that would be better than any items in the vault too

maybe I support this more than I thought

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner