Stone Soup Let's Play on my channel

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Lair Larrikin

Post Thursday, 22nd January 2015, 19:05

Stone Soup Let's Play on my channel

3/20/15) Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup is now a series 8 videos long (#8 is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mfqty2OPPXY), and this time is different! Well, no. I die! One day my minotaur is doing to GET that bloody amulet!

I'm STILL a 52 year old disabled vet who smokes a lot of medical marijuana and I have a channel wherein I engage in foolishness, let's plays, gameplay, and more. I'm doing a series on Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup in my 'Dungeon Crawl Stoned Soup' series (I've got a Let's Play Roguelikes series 17 videos long now! :) ). I'd love to have you come visit, watch the series, all the other vids, maybe subscribe, pull up a chair, watch the game :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/williamroeben

Hope to see you there!

NearlySeniorCitizen
Last edited by nearlyseniorcitizen on Friday, 20th March 2015, 17:11, edited 5 times in total.

For this message the author nearlyseniorcitizen has received thanks: 9
Abominae, and into, Bloax, cerebovssquire, DrKe, Greyr, ldf, rockygargoyle, ThreeInvisibleDucks

Slime Squisher

Post Friday, 23rd January 2015, 06:33

Re: Stone Soup Let's Play on my channel

i clicked your link and the video is about santa claus whos about to smoke some dank kush
[09:23] <Sequell> kroki is a greatplayer!
[09:23] <Sequell> kroki is a greaterplayer!
[03:57] <Sequell> kroki is a polytheist!
[21:53] <Sequell> kroki is a greatberserker!

For this message the author kroki has received thanks: 2
and into, Arrhythmia

Lair Larrikin

Post Friday, 23rd January 2015, 09:40

:) That why I call myself NearlySeniorCitizen :) At 52 I look older because of the white beard. But yes, I have an approx 1 min intro to every vid in which I toke up some medical marijuana, then the vid proper starts. It's my version of the credit crawl that a lot of channels use now; I think it's more entertaining this way.

I hope you watched the rest of the vid!

:)

NearlySeniorCitizen
http://www.youtube.com/user/williamroeben

Pandemonium Purger

Post Tuesday, 27th January 2015, 06:22

tell us more about yourselve
seattle washington. friends for life. mods hate on me and devs ignore my posts. creater of exoelfs and dc:pt

Lair Larrikin

Post Tuesday, 27th January 2015, 11:18

I will do so! Thanks :)

IRL I'm 52 years old and look about 10 years older than I am. I spent 23 years as an active alcoholic before getting sober in 2000 (I blew a .556 on a breathalyzer when I went in to rehab. OUCH. Should have died!). Sadly, I have some short term and long term memory problems because of my alcoholism. This is important to remember :)

I got married in 2002! 2 great kids by birth, another from her previous relationship. He was a great kid- I raised him from age 5 to age 18. We did a good job :)

My wife died 12 years later, in 2014 at age 42, from complications of cancerx2, heart valve replacement surgery, etc etc etc. Suffice to say she spent 10 long, long years dying. It almost killed me when she died. In fact, if it weren't for my channel, I would have died myself from just not caring about life. So really, youtube saved my life, literally!

I discovered in 2010 I have fibromyalgia. This is a condition marked by memory problems with both long and short term memory problems (this is important to remember!) and horrible fatigue and massive bodywide pain. Because of this, I was slowly losing my mobility and ability to even write because of pain!

In 2014 I started smoking medical marijuana for my pain. A frulking miracle! When I smoke, 95% of my pain VANISHES. And, of course, smoking marijuana can cause short term memory problems. This too is very important to remember :)

I've been into roguelikes in a minor way for a few years now. I had briefly played DCSS a few years back and had forgotten about it. Someone mentioned the game in a comment on my channel and I looked into it. It's changed through the years from I remember- for the better! It's a great game! My minotaurs keep dying :(

So I'm 52 and have a busy life even though I am disabled, don't work, have horrible physical problems and horrible memory problems. I play DCSS when I can- about once a day so far. My minotaurs are living longer! Going deeper! Dying more horribly :)

I'd like to continue to be active on the forum but with my memory problems there are going to be days or weeks I'll just plain forget the forum even exists until I am reminded and I will be back. I don't forget on purpose- having a bad memory BLOWS.

Thank you for asking!

NearlySeniorCitizen

For this message the author nearlyseniorcitizen has received thanks:
zxc23

Abyss Ambulator

Post Tuesday, 27th January 2015, 12:09

What's with the huge focus on your age? Why does it matter, are you suffering from a fear of death or something? Crawl is probably good therapy if that is the case, as it ingrains the truth of imminent mortality into every player.

Sorry about your wife though, hope you can learn to love another again.

Lair Larrikin

Post Tuesday, 27th January 2015, 14:09

daggaz wrote:What's with the huge focus on your age? Why does it matter, are you suffering from a fear of death or something? Crawl is probably good therapy if that is the case, as it ingrains the truth of imminent mortality into every player.

Sorry about your wife though, hope you can learn to love another again.

Thank you for the kind words on the death of my wife. It has been hard. Before I learn to love again, I had to learn to LIVE again and that's what youtube gave me- a sense of purpose back in my life.

Why the huge focus on my age? The Let's Play/Gameplay/Video Game youtube market is glutted- you have to have something else that others don't have. What I have that a lot of Let's Players don't have is- my age :) I have a good 30 years of life experience over most LPers. That shows in commentary, stories, depth of engagement, etc. Or at least I am hoping it does :D

Fear of death? I lost that a long time ago :) I've been dragged, kicking and screaming, back INTO the world of the living over death's doorstep (disease, accidental overdose on prescription meds, etc) so often that death is just another stage of life.

Thank you for replying! :)

NearlySeniorCitizen

Pandemonium Purger

Post Tuesday, 27th January 2015, 21:35

yall ever try any that methamphetamin?
seattle washington. friends for life. mods hate on me and devs ignore my posts. creater of exoelfs and dc:pt

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 28th January 2015, 00:08

Disclaimer: Do not actually listen to twelwe. Meth is bad. Continue playing crawl :)

For this message the author tasonir has received thanks:
nearlyseniorcitizen

Lair Larrikin

Post Wednesday, 28th January 2015, 01:10

Oh I have no desire to try meth at ALL. Oy vey that's bad stuff. Medical pot is different in that it's actually GOOD for you :) I don't think there are many real world situations wherein an 'intimate' relationship with meth would look good on a resume' :)

I WILL stick with crawl :)

NearlySeniorCitizen

For this message the author nearlyseniorcitizen has received thanks:
scorpionwarrior

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Wednesday, 28th January 2015, 17:04

"dont listen to Twelwe" is a good rule of thumb. "dont use meth" is another great one.
my posts are to be read in a mildly playful tone, with a deep, sexy voice.

For this message the author Hirsch I has received thanks:
nearlyseniorcitizen

Lair Larrikin

Post Tuesday, 3rd February 2015, 06:02

Hirsch I wrote:"dont listen to Twelwe" is a good rule of thumb. "dont use meth" is another great one.

I shall endeavor to follow both rules of thumb :)

NearlySeniorCitizen

Pandemonium Purger

Post Tuesday, 3rd February 2015, 06:04

yall every try any that black tar opium?

For this message the author twelwe has received thanks: 2
cerebovssquire, duvessa

Lair Larrikin

Post Tuesday, 3rd February 2015, 23:18

twelwe wrote:yall every try any that black tar opium?

Um, no :) I use a TON of narcotic pain meds including tramadol and methadone as well as medical marijuana. I don't think I'd try opium anyway- like straight heroin, WAY too addictive. I already have an addictive personality- AND spent 23 years as an active alcoholic (never again!). Now, I DID go through a period in the early 90's where I dropped acid like CRAZY. But other than that, until I discovered that medical marijuana kills my pain better than ANYTHING I have ever before used, I stuck to killing myself with drink.

But thanks for asking :D

NearlySeniorCitizen

Pandemonium Purger

Post Wednesday, 4th February 2015, 02:03

:roll: thebaine derivatives, useless junk

yall ever try any that catnip?

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 6th February 2015, 13:01

Mines Malingerer

Post Sunday, 8th February 2015, 19:18

Why the hell aren't you calling it "Dungeon Crawl Stoned Soup?"

For this message the author Osgoodbad has received thanks: 6
and into, Arrhythmia, dornbeast, duvessa, Lyrick, nearlyseniorcitizen

Lair Larrikin

Post Tuesday, 10th February 2015, 06:25

Osgoodbad wrote:Why the hell aren't you calling it "Dungeon Crawl Stoned Soup?"

Oh my God, that is BRILLIANT! I shall change the name tonight, posthaste! Man, creativity is awesome :) Thank you very much for the suggestion!

NearlySeniorCitizen

Lair Larrikin

Post Tuesday, 17th February 2015, 08:29

Osgoodbad wrote:Why the hell aren't you calling it "Dungeon Crawl Stoned Soup?"

Well, and now I AM! In fact, more than that- I credit you in the beginning of the #4 video for having come up with the name! And I credit the forum here :) Just thought I'd let you know because that was a GREAT title! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8zg3pyGVl0

NearlySeniorCitizen

Tomb Titivator

Post Wednesday, 18th February 2015, 23:57

i wanted to start doing pot but im afraid of needles :(
If you are offended by something I've posted, just PM me. It probably wasn't intentional.

For this message the author Greyr has received thanks:
Sar

Lair Larrikin

Post Thursday, 19th February 2015, 15:50

Greyr wrote:i wanted to start doing pot but im afraid of needles :(

Well, needles are certainly not my favorite thing, so that's good. Um, there are no needles in medical marijuana. Hopefully this isn;t actually news, but I and 99% of the rest of the world smoke our medical pot. If you don;t smoke it, you eat it, or use it as a lotion. No needles :)

NearlySeniorCitizen

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 19th February 2015, 19:35

They actually have drinkable pot now too. Like a pot brownie, only pot grape drank [intentional spelling]. I know this because I live in washington state and they're basically putting pot in everything here now.

Sar

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 19th February 2015, 19:39

Spoiler: show

For this message the author Sar has received thanks: 2
cerebovssquire, Greyr

Lair Larrikin

Post Sunday, 22nd February 2015, 15:15

That pot poster thing is funny :) The things people actually used to believe! I'm from Washington State as well, which is why I have so much pot paraphernalia lying about... Medical and recreational pot being legal... they make EVERYTHING with pot in it here. It's awesome :) Man, I am glad pot is such a GREAT painkiller!

NearlySeniorCitizen

Pandemonium Purger

Post Sunday, 22nd February 2015, 18:47

marijuana is schedule 1 substance there has to be something seriously wrong with it.

For this message the author twelwe has received thanks:
nearlyseniorcitizen

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner