Perture the God of Doors and Portals

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Dis Charger

Post Wednesday, 25th February 2015, 15:44

Perture the God of Doors and Portals

Spin off of the God of Analysis from earlier focusing on some of the portion of the abilities, which were deemed more reasonable and adding in further abilities on the doors and portals theme. I know this is the (third?) god of doors proposed it's a popular topic.

Sacred to the Vault Keepers. Altars to this God are only Found in the Vaults.

Piety

Likes Exploration.

Dislikes Destroying Doors (LRD, Shatter).

Wrath

Sealing Rune + Spawning Several Vaults:5 Monsters (Dragons, Titans).

Abilities:

[-] Door walking. It no longer takes a turn to open doors; they open immediately when you try to walk through them. You also automatically close them open stepping off the tile. This ability extends to allies (Simulacra, Mercenaries, etc.)
[-] Door Incursion Increases the spawn rate of doors when generating new floors. [Tends to end all hallways with doors. Some vaults are afflicted creating more doors within them.]
--Two passives alone greatly change the nature of running away (significant run away boost).

[*] Sealing Rune 2 MP - Low Hunger - Closes and Locks all nearby doors; pushing anything standing in them out. Can be very useful for escapes; or for forcing a situation of facing one enemy at a time. Anything with LRD can still shatter doors during this time.
[**] Spell Passage - 5 MP - Low Hunger - Creates a status (similar to portal projectile) that allows all spells to be smite targeted. This does NOT increased their total range, it only allows them to be shot behind the front line and increases their accuracy (but not power)
[***] Investigate Staircase - Low piety - Flavoured as you seeing where a staircase takes you without taking it. [Actually you move down the staircase with no chance of anything seeing you (enemy perception set to 0) and immediate back up.]
[****] Investigate Portal - Medium Piety - Low Hunger - Flavoured as you seeing what's within a portal takes you without taking it. Higher detail than the staircase scan. Tells not only where the portal goes, but the rarest items and strongest enemies that are through it. [Again to technically do this the player is put through the portal then immediately brought back without closing timed portals.]
[****] Armour Opening 6 MP - Medium Hunger - Low Piety - If successful, removes the AC completely from the target [flavoured as making a large hole in their armour]. Checks 'Spellpower' vs. the target's HD. [Spellpower determined solely by Invo and Int.]
[*****] Hell's Gate - Medium Piety - 8 MP - Opens a door to timed portal to the vestibule nearby (usually just outside LoS). Not usable anywhere with -cTele (the Abyss; Elf:3; Rune Floors before getting the Rune). When leaving the vestibule, player exits somewhere in the Depths.
[******] God Gifts - Portals - God starts offering additional Troves and Ziggurats. They cost as much as normal; only the portal never physically appears.
I'm beginning to feel like a Cat God! Felid streaks: {FeVM^Sif Muna, FeWn^Dithmenos, FeAr^Pakellas}, {FeEE^Ashenzari, FeEn^Gozag, FeNe^Sif Muna, FeAE^Vehumet...(ongoing)}

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 25th February 2015, 16:39

Re: Perture the God of Doors and Portals

Did you look at any of the several other proposed Gods of Portals and Doors on the Dev Wiki?
"Be aware that a lot of people on this forum, such as mageykun and XuaXua, have a habit of making things up." - minmay a.k.a. duvessa
Did I make a lame complaint? Check for Bingo!
Totally gracious CSDC Season 2 Division 4 Champeen!

Dis Charger

Post Wednesday, 25th February 2015, 16:50

XuaXua wrote:Did you look at any of the several other proposed Gods of Portals and Doors on the Dev Wiki?
I even passingly mentioned them in the original post. O_O; But not REALLY related, only Door-Walking is shared between this and any of the others.
I'm beginning to feel like a Cat God! Felid streaks: {FeVM^Sif Muna, FeWn^Dithmenos, FeAr^Pakellas}, {FeEE^Ashenzari, FeEn^Gozag, FeNe^Sif Muna, FeAE^Vehumet...(ongoing)}

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 25th February 2015, 18:42

Ziggurats no longer have any price on them, you can enter them freely as long as you have a rune (or maybe it's 2? some rune cost). Troves still have a cost of course, although I think it'd be funny if you entered a piety trove through a god ability and then lost all your god piety.

Pandemonium Purger

Post Wednesday, 25th February 2015, 20:44

tasonir wrote:Ziggurats no longer have any price on them

price remains normal....
seattle washington. friends for life. mods hate on me and devs ignore my posts. creater of exoelfs and dc:pt

For this message the author twelwe has received thanks: 2
Arrhythmia, duvessa

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner