Our claws are different

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Snake Sneak

Post Friday, 13th February 2015, 09:27

Our claws are different

Felid - Only claws that get a stabbing bonus akin to shirtblades.
Troll - How troll claws work is one of the greatest mysteries known to mankind. All we know is that they are not regular claws 3, they have a hidden to hit bonus that's not listed anywhere. They also may or may not have a better chance of inflicting profound bleeding. Nobody can be too sure.
Ghoul - Apparantly the only one that plays by the rules.

I think this causes some massive

amongst newer players. Let's just say I figured out that troll monks of Dithemenos don't work the hard way. I just assumed that all claws are treated like having a stabbing bonus like felids.
Also I didn't know that Felids can stab with claws for the longest time, I learned it by pure chance.

I think some clarification is in order. to avoid confusion Or maybe this is just a thinly veiled attempt to fullfil my dream of an UC stabbing ghoul. That would be awesome. they have good stealth and UC.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 13th February 2015, 11:20

Re: Our claws are different

comebackshane wrote:shirtblades

Is that a blade designed to be concealed under shirt, or a blade designed specifically to shred shirts?

As for the topic: I don't mind the differences but yes they should be documented somewhere.
DCSS: 97:...MfCj}SpNeBaEEGrFE{HaAKTrCK}DsFESpHu{FoArNaBe}
FeEE{HOIEMiAE}GrGlHuWrGnWrNaAKBaFi{MiDeMfDe}{DrAKTrAMGhEnGnWz}
{PaBeDjFi}OgAKPaCAGnCjOgCKMfAEAtCKSpCjDEEE{HOSu
Bloat: 17: RaRoPrPh{GuStGnCa}{ArEtZoNb}KiPaAnDrBXDBQOApDaMeAGBiOCNKAsFnFlUs{RoBoNeWi

Slime Squisher

Post Friday, 13th February 2015, 13:38

comebackshane wrote: I just assumed that all claws are treated like having a stabbing bonus like felids.
Also I didn't know that Felids can stab with claws for the longest time, I learned it by pure chance.

its a recent change. i'd love all races to be able to perform dagger tier stabs with unarmed combat, or at least those with claws
[09:23] <Sequell> kroki is a greatplayer!
[09:23] <Sequell> kroki is a greaterplayer!
[03:57] <Sequell> kroki is a polytheist!
[21:53] <Sequell> kroki is a greatberserker!

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 13th February 2015, 17:44

comebackshane wrote:Troll - How troll claws work is one of the greatest mysteries known to mankind. All we know is that they are not regular claws 3, they have a hidden to hit bonus that's not listed anywhere. They also may or may not have a better chance of inflicting profound bleeding. Nobody can be too sure.
Ghoul - Apparantly the only one that plays by the rules.
this is wrong, all species that start with claws (i.e. trolls, ghouls, and felids) get the same accuracy bonus to unarmed attacks (even if they lost the claws by transforming)

the actual weird thing about trolls is that they are special-cased to have an extra 3 hunger on top of the hunger from fast metabolism 3

Pandemonium Purger

Post Friday, 13th February 2015, 17:46

i play a felid who identifies as a felid without claws
seattle washington. friends for life. mods hate on me and devs ignore my posts. creater of exoelfs and dc:pt

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 13th February 2015, 19:29

Sprucery wrote:
comebackshane wrote:shirtblades

Is that a blade designed to be concealed under shirt, or a blade designed specifically to shred shirts?

As for the topic: I don't mind the differences but yes they should be documented somewhere.

It is a blade made from recycled shirts...
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner