Changes to make crawl easier

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Wednesday, 28th January 2015, 23:04

Changes to make crawl easier

Vastly increase the spawn rate of blink/teleport scrolls. I think the case for this is self-evident; if scrolls of blinking are really too good, surely they should be spawned everywhere.

Make all teleports controlled. Random teleporting often lands the avatar in a sticky situation, and can sometimes end up in death.

Remove or nerf shadow traps. Who even thinks these are fun?

Revert the Elemental invoker nerf. Elementary invokers were a vital part of late-game survival for many players, who are now left trying to figure out how to win without them.

Bring back mountain dwarves, and start them with a wand of heal wounds. Again, the rationale for this is pretty obvious, starting a character with heal wounds destroys all pretense of danger on the first few levels of the game.

Remove beetles (all types), water/lava monsters from natural monster generation. Jackal packs, adders, killer bees should probably also be removed. Oh yah, shrikes too.

For this message the author Moose has received thanks:
comebackshane

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 29th January 2015, 02:43

Re: Changes to make crawl easier

Make it sub-optimal to choose to worship a god - just like in real life, worship gets in the way of the game, so at least those who don't choose to worship can still come out ahead than those who choose to worship in the current game and get extra bonus stuff for no true cost.
"Be aware that a lot of people on this forum, such as mageykun and XuaXua, have a habit of making things up." - minmay a.k.a. duvessa
Did I make a lame complaint? Check for Bingo!
Totally gracious CSDC Season 2 Division 4 Champeen!

Barkeep

Post Thursday, 29th January 2015, 04:16

Add a pants slot. Who fights dragons without pants, anyhow? Nagas only get half AC from pants because they can only use one of the pant legs.
I am not a very good player. My mouth is a foul pit of LIES. KNOW THIS.

For this message the author njvack has received thanks: 3
Berder, Lasty, tedric

Pandemonium Purger

Post Thursday, 29th January 2015, 04:51

Implement bloaxcrawl. Because player damage spikiness, the lack of player accuracy and hp/mp regeneration sucking massively are all terrible, terrible issues.

I mean of course you could compensate by making enemies a bit tougher, but that means going through a lot of enemies which sounds like a lot of fun once I think about it.

yes i am fun at parties

Halls Hopper

Post Thursday, 29th January 2015, 05:37

Everyone gets 10 ring slots. Because fingers. Octopodes only get 8, because tentacles. Felids get 1, because they have to wear it on their tail like Dex-Starr.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Thursday, 29th January 2015, 11:43

fisheye wrote:Everyone gets 10 ring slots. Because fingers. Octopodes only get 8, because tentacles. Felids get 1, because they have to wear it on their tail like Dex-Starr.

You could wear 40 rings if you put 4 on each finger and thumb.
streaks: 5 fifteen rune octopodes. 15 diverse chars. 13 random chars. 24 NaWn^gozag.
251 total wins Berder hyperborean + misc
83/108 recent wins (76%)
guides: safe tactics value of ac/ev/sh forum toxicity

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 29th January 2015, 11:47

You could get piercings and put on all the rings you find.
DCSS: 97:...MfCj}SpNeBaEEGrFE{HaAKTrCK}DsFESpHu{FoArNaBe}
FeEE{HOIEMiAE}GrGlHuWrGnWrNaAKBaFi{MiDeMfDe}{DrAKTrAMGhEnGnWz}
{PaBeDjFi}OgAKPaCAGnCjOgCKMfAEAtCKSpCjDEEE{HOSu
Bloat: 17: RaRoPrPh{GuStGnCa}{ArEtZoNb}KiPaAnDrBXDBQOApDaMeAGBiOCNKAsFnFlUs{RoBoNeWi

Sar

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 29th January 2015, 11:55

Ring mail. Get it???

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner