Integrating voice chat with webtiles?

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Slime Squisher

Post Tuesday, 27th January 2015, 22:14

Integrating voice chat with webtiles?

Am I the only one who thinks it would be cool to have this?

I would love to be able to watch more experienced players play while they talk on the mic. Crawl has the advantage over other games of having webtiles and not needing stuff like twitch, it also doesn't translate as well to streaming because of font degradation, etc... And its silly to do streaming anyway when you can have it "native".

Could be quite cool to watch tournaments this way, except for games in which real time counts the turnbased nature of the game could allow more interaction and chit chat than most regular streams.

I know it wouldn't be trivial to implement, so I just wanted to see how people feel about it.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 28th January 2015, 00:05

Re: Integrating voice chat with webtiles?

I have no idea how difficult voice chat is to implement, but I'm going to err on the side of "extremely large feature". In the mean time it might be easier to set up a ventrilo/teamspeak/whatever-voice-server-the-cool-kids-are-using-these-days to talk to people you know. From a personal perspective, I'm not sure how inclined I would be to narrate my games in general, my girlfriend is often watching tv about 15 feet away, and me talking constantly would probably cause problems :P

I've been meaning to create a vod or two, but considering it's been months and I haven't set anything up yet, don't hold your breath :)

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 28th January 2015, 00:08

For this message the author duvessa has received thanks: 3
mechanicalmaniac, mps, zrn

Snake Sneak

Post Wednesday, 28th January 2015, 00:33

zrn

Snake Sneak

Post Wednesday, 28th January 2015, 02:52

That made me smile, smile, smile.

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner