Real life 27 level in bows skill

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Crypt Cleanser

Post Monday, 26th January 2015, 15:14

Real life 27 level in bows skill

duvessa wrote:Christ, you can't remove anything without tavern complaining about it.

Tomb Titivator

Post Monday, 26th January 2015, 16:27

Re: Real life 27 level in bows skill

Holy shit, 3 million views since last night.
If you are offended by something I've posted, just PM me. It probably wasn't intentional.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 26th January 2015, 16:35

Yeah, everyone is watching that. Also it is apparently historically accurate, which is really cool. Real life Legolas.
"Be aware that a lot of people on this forum, such as mageykun and XuaXua, have a habit of making things up." - minmay a.k.a. duvessa
Did I make a lame complaint? Check for Bingo!
Totally gracious CSDC Season 2 Division 4 Champeen!

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Monday, 26th January 2015, 21:28

is it Lars Andersen Master Archer?
I dont even have to look.
it is not historically accurate, most "history" stuff mentioned in the video is bullshit.
my posts are to be read in a mildly playful tone, with a deep, sexy voice.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 26th January 2015, 21:30

Hirsch I wrote:is it Lars Andersen Master Archer?
I dont even have to look.
it is not historically accurate, most "history" stuff mentioned in the video is bullshit.

historically accurate thread post
"Be aware that a lot of people on this forum, such as mageykun and XuaXua, have a habit of making things up." - minmay a.k.a. duvessa

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Tuesday, 27th January 2015, 11:03

You don't need trick shots, a volley of arrows is much better and requires less training. Crossbows require even less.

For this message the author 1010011010 has received thanks:
Arrhythmia

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 27th January 2015, 15:23

Geek Dad has his historically accurate say: "Danish “Archer” Demonstrates Gullibility of Audience".

Slime Squisher

Post Tuesday, 27th January 2015, 16:39

XuaXua wrote:Geek Dad has his historically accurate say: "Danish “Archer” Demonstrates Gullibility of Audience".

Nice. Always nice to see the best way to get people to write interesting stuff, rather than asking for it, is to write wrong stuff and post it online hehehe

mps

Tomb Titivator

Post Tuesday, 27th January 2015, 17:08

Cool video.

XuaXua wrote:Geek Dad has his historically accurate say: "Danish “Archer” Demonstrates Gullibility of Audience".

That "Geek Dad" post is a bunch of drivel. It's entirely possible, to my mind, that the historical assertions in the video are not completely accurate, but that nerd's post does nothing to prove it. You got a comic shop dude who knows people who he says know something about archery and who cites Mythbusters (lol) as a source, getting flustered about what is obviously intended to be a humorous video ("omg look at how he throws a ball, he's so unathletic") featuring some unorthodox trick shooting, whining about its over-the-top narration.

There's something ironic about the way Mythbusters has packaged scepticism as a commercial product and self-styled internet sceptics pick it up uncritically as an authoritative source.
Dungeon Crawling Advice tl;dr: Protect ya neck.

Slime Squisher

Post Tuesday, 27th January 2015, 19:44

mps wrote:

That "Geek Dad" post is a bunch of drivel. It's entirely possible, to my mind, that the historical assertions in the video are not completely accurate, but that nerd's post does nothing to prove it. You got a comic shop dude who knows people who he says know something about archery and who cites Mythbusters (lol) as a source, getting flustered about what is obviously intended to be a humorous video ("omg look at how he throws a ball, he's so unathletic") featuring some unorthodox trick shooting, whining about its over-the-top narration.

There's something ironic about the way Mythbusters has packaged scepticism as a commercial product and self-styled internet sceptics pick it up uncritically as an authoritative source.

I would not say its more drivel than the video is.

The guy is at least somewhat involved in archery, so its not all second hand knowledge at least.

http://www.jimmacq.com/archery/

And yeah, he is obviously flustered (the whole ball thing was a joke), but his problem was not so much with the narration or the tricks as with the statements it made (specially when it comes to history and about it being a REVOLUTIONNNNN). He does a better job backing them up than the video though neither are reliable sources obviously.

Also, he did not at any point cite Mythbusters as a source.

One thing I have to give Lars credit for though, he does make archery look a lot more fun (how would have this video gotten so many views otherwise?) even if he is shooting at stuff a few meters away. Archery as a sport is probably one of the most boring ones to look at, stuff involving lots of arrows and moving targets would definitely be more entertaining to an spectator

mps

Tomb Titivator

Post Wednesday, 28th January 2015, 04:36

Okay, you're right, it's the commenters who are going at it about Mythbusters, my mistake. The actual blog post was too much of an adolescent livejournal-esque rant for me to read it carefully.

The guy's problem is not about the historical accuracy of the silly narration of the video, that's just his rationalization for being pissy about the video and writing too much about it. He's a dude who does archery in a particular standardized way who judges archery according to that standard suddenly having his notions assaulted by someone with a different and far more telegenic approach. His core claim, to my mind, is that Lars is essentially a fraud, that he's showing 1 in a 1000 shots as if he makes them every time, has no real ability, and is bad judged by the standards of competition long range archery. He presents no evidence of these claims, outside of appeals to the common knowledge of people in his own milieu.
Dungeon Crawling Advice tl;dr: Protect ya neck.

Slime Squisher

Post Wednesday, 28th January 2015, 11:59

people getting anally annihilated about what someone else uploaded to the internet stop the presses :lol:

that greek dad guy sounds salty as fuck
[09:23] <Sequell> kroki is a greatplayer!
[09:23] <Sequell> kroki is a greaterplayer!
[03:57] <Sequell> kroki is a polytheist!
[21:53] <Sequell> kroki is a greatberserker!

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Wednesday, 28th January 2015, 17:00

well, we do see him hitting targets that I could hit with a cumshot. the guy is shooting so close that if that was DnD, he would be opening Opportunity Attacks.
my posts are to be read in a mildly playful tone, with a deep, sexy voice.

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner