Way to redeem myself

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Mines Malingerer

Post Tuesday, 26th April 2011, 16:38

Way to redeem myself

As some of you may have seen before, I shamefully cheated at this game. After quite a bit of thought, I decided that the only way to regain a semblance of dignity on this site is to attempt to do something that nobody has done before, completely legitimately. I will attempt to complete 25 ziggurats, and gather a total of 25 runes. I won't post anything else until my quest is complete, except for perhaps a CIP post. Perhaps then I can regain some respect on this site. Feel free to ask for any files relating to the character, so everybody can see that it will be a completely legitimate win.

Mines Malingerer

Post Tuesday, 26th April 2011, 17:08

Re: Way to redeem myself

I can't play online, but I can give the dump files and anything else.

EDIT: Never mind, I got Putty working after all. I'll be on CAO.
Last edited by TheDark on Tuesday, 26th April 2011, 17:22, edited 1 time in total.

Shoals Surfer

Post Tuesday, 26th April 2011, 17:36

Nobody cares that you're a cheater. Everyone will just ignore your "wins". There's no need to punish yourself. :P

Tomb Titivator

Post Wednesday, 27th April 2011, 15:38

Yeah. No one really cares.

Though I think someone has won with like 250+ runes. The runes from Pandemonium stack so you can get any number of them really. Instead of just playing an easy combination and getting any number of runes with little to no effort why not just get 15 runes with a hard combination? There's a list of them somewhere.

For the record I've only won with easy combinations. I'm horrible at this game. :lol:

Lair Larrikin

Post Thursday, 28th April 2011, 00:13

How about a human wanderer? No advantages or disadvantages, pure RNG. And you must follow Xom. :)

For this message the author frankhovis has received thanks:
Grimm

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 28th April 2011, 04:17

Just occurred to me that here IRL that's what we all are: HuWa of Xom.

For this message the author Grimm has received thanks: 3
marikvulpina, ohmi, Stormfox

Mines Malingerer

Post Monday, 2nd May 2011, 17:36

I'm going to try with a Troll of Nemelex, and build up to a lv.27 fighter, then shuffle into Int, and then go for Makhleb and spellcasting. That should be interesting...

Snake Sneak

Post Tuesday, 3rd May 2011, 18:19

You can play online without putty too. Most of the crawl I play is on a computer that I can't put putty on so I figured out how to get on CAO with telnet. Still can't get on CDO with the crappy windows console, but now that trunk is on CAO I am fine with this. Using putty is superior in every way, so it is good that you could get on that way. I hope I am not slowing down the server with my crappy connection though.

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner