When they say 0.16 is removing Blessed Blades...

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Spider Stomper

Post Thursday, 15th January 2015, 17:43

When they say 0.16 is removing Blessed Blades...

...what exactly does this mean?

What I mean is...

Do they mean that they will no longer randomly spawn on enemies in the wild, but you can still get them from The Shining One?

Or are they actually GONE COMPLETELY, and The Shining One no longer has any reason to exist at all?

Or maybe TSO can still grant the Eudemon, Trishula, and Scourge, but the "Blessed" modifier has been removed?

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 15th January 2015, 17:47

Re: When they say 0.16 is removing Blessed Blades...

I would assume that "removing Blessed Blades" means "removing Blessed Blades". So blessing a scimitar would turn it into a scimitar of holy wrath, instead of turning it into a blessed blade, and blessing a demon blade would turn it into a eudemon blade instead of a blessed blade.

Knight9910 wrote:Or maybe TSO can still grant the Eudemon, Trishula, and Scourge, but the "Blessed" modifier has been removed?
None of these are blessed blades, and also TSO doesn't give eudemon blades at the moment (but blessed blades made from demon blades are identical). So I don't know why you would expect them to be affected.

Spider Stomper

Post Thursday, 15th January 2015, 17:54

The wiki lists all of them as Blessed Blades...

So then probably what will happen is, when TSO blesses your weapon it just gains the Holy Wrath brand, but no longer gains an upgraded form. ...actually, I think that's fair, because the "Blessed Blade" system kind of unfairly penalized people who used spears, axes, bows, etc. since their weapons didn't get the stat boost from being blessed.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 15th January 2015, 18:23

If you had TSO bless a long blade, in old versions it would be changed to a completely different basetype, and then all seven of these new basetypes were displayed ingame with the name "Blessed Blade". I haven't checked the commit but presumably these seven basetypes are removed and now blessing a long blade works exactly like blessing any other basetype.

If the wiki was calling anything but those seven special basetypes "blessed blade" then it was wrong.

(It might be eight, I didn't actually try blessing a eudemon blade.)

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 15th January 2015, 18:39

duvessa wrote:
Knight9910 wrote:Or maybe TSO can still grant the Eudemon, Trishula, and Scourge, but the "Blessed" modifier has been removed?
None of these are blessed blades {...} So I don't know why you would expect them to be affected.

Because getting rid of one aspect of TSO implies the related aspect might also be cut.

If Eudemon / Trishula / Scourge are kept, I'd be inclined to request a Demon Axe / Holy Cleaver type to compensate the long-maligned axe-wielders.
"Be aware that a lot of people on this forum, such as mageykun and XuaXua, have a habit of making things up." - minmay a.k.a. duvessa
Did I make a lame complaint? Check for Bingo!
Totally gracious CSDC Season 2 Division 4 Champeen!

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 15th January 2015, 18:58

XuaXua wrote:
duvessa wrote:
None of these are blessed blades {...} So I don't know why you would expect them to be affected.

Because getting rid of one aspect of TSO implies the related aspect might also be cut.

If Eudemon / Trishula / Scourge are kept, I'd be inclined to request a Demon Axe / Holy Cleaver type to compensate the long-maligned axe-wielders.

Do you likewise request a demon long dagger with a sanctified crystal short blade upgrade?
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

For this message the author Siegurt has received thanks:
duvessa

Blades Runner

Post Thursday, 15th January 2015, 19:34

Siegurt wrote:
XuaXua wrote:If Eudemon / Trishula / Scourge are kept, I'd be inclined to request a Demon Axe / Holy Cleaver type to compensate the long-maligned axe-wielders.

Do you likewise request a demon long dagger with a sanctified crystal short blade upgrade?

It's "Sacred Scalpel".
Wins: DsWz(6), DDNe(4), HuIE(5), HuFE(4), MiBe(3)

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 15th January 2015, 20:04

Siegurt wrote:Do you likewise request a demon long dagger with a sanctified crystal short blade upgrade?

No, because Long Blades crosstrains, and it's not my fault you are a Spriggan. And it's a "sacrificial dagger".
"Be aware that a lot of people on this forum, such as mageykun and XuaXua, have a habit of making things up." - minmay a.k.a. duvessa
Did I make a lame complaint? Check for Bingo!
Totally gracious CSDC Season 2 Division 4 Champeen!

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 15th January 2015, 20:52

No, because Long Blades crosstrains

polearms and maces both crosstrain with axes

For this message the author crate has received thanks:
duvessa

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 15th January 2015, 22:11

the +15 quartz axe {holy, +Fly Str+3 SInv Bless}

Dungeon Master

Post Thursday, 15th January 2015, 22:43

duvessa wrote:I would assume that "removing Blessed Blades" means "removing Blessed Blades". So blessing a scimitar would turn it into a scimitar of holy wrath, instead of turning it into a blessed blade, and blessing a demon blade would turn it into a eudemon blade instead of a blessed blade.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner. (Except that blessing demon blades already turned them into eudaemon blades.)

Nota bene (for those who weren't aware): TSO's blessing also grants a few free levels of enchantment. (This was true even before the change.)

Knight9910 wrote:Or are they actually GONE COMPLETELY, and The Shining One no longer has any reason to exist at all?

rip TSO

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 15th January 2015, 23:13

(Except that blessing demon blades already turned them into eudaemon blades.)

I actually tested this in 0.15-a0-1908 and I ended up with a "Blessed Blade", not a eudemon blade. (It has the same stats but it is called "Blessed Blade".)

For this message the author crate has received thanks: 2
duvessa, PleasingFungus

Spider Stomper

Post Friday, 16th January 2015, 01:39

Siegurt wrote:Do you likewise request a demon long dagger with a sanctified crystal short blade upgrade?

YES.

Snake Sneak

Post Friday, 16th January 2015, 03:08

Knight9910 wrote:

YES.

Stabbers are already way too easy. Maybe if you remove half of the hexes in the game...
How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?
~380,000 (with wrapper on)

Snake Sneak

Post Friday, 16th January 2015, 03:35

Oh come on guys. Don't remove, add. Add a "Holy Lance" basetype for spear users and other stuff for other weapon types.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 16th January 2015, 06:39

Even if you think blessed blades are a good idea I would suggest that having seven different items have the same name is not a good thing.

Dungeon Master

Post Friday, 16th January 2015, 17:09

crate wrote:I actually tested this in 0.15-a0-1908 and I ended up with a "Blessed Blade", not a eudemon blade. (It has the same stats but it is called "Blessed Blade".)

Weird.

Moot now, I guess.

Halls Hopper

Post Friday, 16th January 2015, 17:11

Was it an artefact eudemon blade like Chei's old ponderous items used to be?

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner