Hit percentage

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Slime Squisher

Post Sunday, 21st December 2014, 09:41

Hit percentage

'Ello folks

Im playing trunk just now and noticed that when I aim a spell at a mob I get a little 'hit (%%)' note. Pretty sure this is new since I didnt notice it before, but cant seem to find a changelog around.

Now this is handy, I like it. But in my mind it makes most sense for bolt spells, I'm aiming Pain. Is this number now showing me the chance I have to beat his warding roll? I.e if I have hit(85%) then the monster has 15% chance to resist?
Online Wins: MiFi, GrFi, TrMo, HOGl, SpEn, {DEWz, DDNe}, {OgBe, CeHu}, FoFi, VSFi, MfGl, {HaGl, VpEn, HESk}, KoAs, DsFi, TeMo

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Sunday, 21st December 2014, 09:44

Re: Hit percentage

take it easy

For this message the author Arrhythmia has received thanks: 2
celem, rockygargoyle

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Sunday, 21st December 2014, 10:01

Woohoo! Stop development, now Crawl is perfect! :)
DCSS: 97:...MfCj}SpNeBaEEGrFE{HaAKTrCK}DsFESpHu{FoArNaBe}
FeEE{HOIEMiAE}GrGlHuWrGnWrNaAKBaFi{MiDeMfDe}{DrAKTrAMGhEnGnWz}
{PaBeDjFi}OgAKPaCAGnCjOgCKMfAEAtCKSpCjDEEE{HOSu
Bloat: 17: RaRoPrPh{GuStGnCa}{ArEtZoNb}KiPaAnDrBXDBQOApDaMeAGBiOCNKAsFnFlUs{RoBoNeWi

For this message the author Sprucery has received thanks:
rockygargoyle

Slime Squisher

Post Sunday, 21st December 2014, 10:11

Good stuff, thanks for the link, i'll have to have a dig around in the commits more often.

Im liking the change for what its worth. Mainly because I'm too lazy to lookup monsters I meet. (Though I learned from that link above that monster MR is displayed in 'describe' now. More awesomeness!)
Online Wins: MiFi, GrFi, TrMo, HOGl, SpEn, {DEWz, DDNe}, {OgBe, CeHu}, FoFi, VSFi, MfGl, {HaGl, VpEn, HESk}, KoAs, DsFi, TeMo

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Sunday, 28th December 2014, 02:09

My recent run is an enchanter and although I like the percentage it is misleading at times.

There are monsters who are immune to effects, either because of their innate nature (eg. EH on a undead) or your god interfering (enslavement on fire drake while worshiping Dith), but still show a non-zero value on targeting.

The latter is understandable as in some cases it will leak information concerning spell sets but overall it's giving the wrong message.

This isn't entirely new; a similar issue was brought up before by and into

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Sunday, 28th December 2014, 02:31

1010011010 wrote:The latter is understandable as in some cases it will leak information concerning spell sets but overall it's giving the wrong message.
Oh wow, I never even thought of how that enslavement restriction interacts with multi-book monsters. Just when I thought I couldn't hate it more.
What happens if you enslave a monster that has a wand of draining/fire? Or wielding/wearing a disliked item in general? Seems inconsistent to block monsters with disliked spells/abilities and not those.

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner