Why was this post moved?

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Temple Termagant

Post Sunday, 7th December 2014, 21:37

Why was this post moved?

Why was this post moved to Yiuf's? It was validly in game design previously suggesting additions to the poison magic school.

Barkeep

Post Sunday, 7th December 2014, 22:01

Re: Why was this post moved?

Moved to CYC because the idea is not really fleshed out as a proposal (please see this stickied post in GDD).

Temple Termagant

Post Sunday, 7th December 2014, 22:02

and into wrote:Moved to CYC because the idea is not really fleshed out as a proposal (please see this stickied post in GDD).

How so? It contained suggestions for two new poison school spells with suggested features. Absent coding it myself I don't see what more I could add.

Dungeon Master

Post Sunday, 7th December 2014, 22:11

Gadrel: did you cut your proposal? Don't do that, even if it gets moved from GDD to CYC.

For example, I didn't have a chance to read it, and whether I comment would not depend on the subforum. (Also, you presumably put some effort into it, and no nobody can chime in.)

For this message the author dpeg has received thanks:
Gadrel

Barkeep

Post Sunday, 7th December 2014, 22:12

Okay, well if you want to delete your suggestions rather than have them appear in CYC I guess that's fine too...

I'm not going to have this discussion over the entire board, beyond this post. I'm happy to discuss via PM, since what we are actually doing right now is having a one-on-one discussion anyway. I'd suggest checking out the "You must read this before posting in GDD" thread that I linked to, and/or give a quick skim of some of the other threads in GDD right now.

Moving something out of GDD is not a personal slight. Crazy or tangential stuff is discussed in CYC, but there are also plenty of serious discussions in CYC that simply do not (or do not yet) fit well in the other forums here. "If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here." This includes game design proposals or discussions that aren't (yet) fleshed out enough that they belong in GDD.

Occasionally a not-so-serious post in GDD will receive a very serious and fleshed out counter-proposal or response, in which case it usually ends up staying in GDD. In addition, some threads that started in CYC were later moved GDD, or led to (or inspired) a good proposal in GDD.

Also the usual disclaimer applies: Changes to the game, and especially large changes that concern the addition of things like spells and gods, are extremely unlikely to go from "proposal in GDD" to "implementation," unless 1.) it is a good idea, 2.) you are willing to code it yourself, and 3.) you take constructive feedback from the developers in good stride.

Edit: I'd suggest re-posting your suggestions for spells in CYC, at which point I'll just delete this thread.

For this message the author and into has received thanks:
dpeg

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner