Answer me these questions three (not really)

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Crypt Cleanser

Post Monday, 10th November 2014, 13:01

Answer me these questions three (not really)

1) What do you think about this unique?
name: Trinity
desc: You heard tales of a champion of the three good gods who decided to vanquish all evil once and for all. To accomplish this, he he threw himself into the infinite realm of Pandemonium. Whenether it's him or not, the ambient chaos has corrupted him beyond recognition.
gimmick: consists of a core 'pulsating lump of flesh' and 3 heads (shining one, zin, elyvilon) each with its' own corresponding set of resistances/powers. Works like a kraken (kill every head or the core). A nice suprise for undead characters exploring Pan and a counterweight to that Makhleb Pan demon I forgot his name. Maybe Trinity should appear in holypan just like Ilsuiv appears in 5shoals.

2) How do you divide 10 bucks between 3 people, in SQL, in a way that doesn't lose remainders? I've had such assignment in colledge and couldn't forget about it.

3) Does walking speed affect stealth? Is spriggan inherently more stealthy than naga? They have equal stealth factors, but in my experience naga has harder time sleepstabbing.

4) How do you handle Fiends as a stabber/hexer? Needles don't work on them (at least didn't work for me, 20 throwing & +9blowgun, confusion needles). Nets work fine but they mulch quickly.

BUG: when you EnsoHib confused monsters, they sleepwalk.
"Damned, damned be the legions of the damned..."

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Monday, 10th November 2014, 14:02

Re: Answer me these questions three (not really)

how the hell did Trinity manage to get so mutated while following Zin?
my posts are to be read in a mildly playful tone, with a deep, sexy voice.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 10th November 2014, 14:19

Walking speed doesn't affect how stealthy you are. Stealth is checked for each step, not whenever a certain length of time passes.
I don't remember having a problem stabbing fiends with needles the few times I have played a needlestabber, maybe more than 20 Throwing would be helpful. Regardless, using your presumably high stealth to avoid fiends as much as possible would be a good idea.
Pretty sure sleepwalking is a feature, not a bug. If you do happen to find a bug, submit it to Mantis, not here.

Blades Runner

Post Monday, 10th November 2014, 18:16

try needles of sleep, paralysis? some monsters may be immune to confuse (i've never tried needlestabbin demons tho)
114491 | Pan | Entered the realm of Gloorx Vloq.
114491 | Pan | Noticed Gloorx Vloq
114492 | Pan | Killed Gloorx Vloq

true lords of shadow NEVER sleep

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 10th November 2014, 18:53

Sleepwalking is a feature in that there is code that exists only to make it happen, though you can argue about whether it is a thing that should happen.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 13th November 2014, 21:30

This probably isn't exactly what you're talking about, but #2 reminded me a lot of this old 'puzzle': http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/trivia/dollar.asp

3 obviously doesn't go into 10 evenly, so it's not clear to me what you mean by not losing remainders. Give everyone 3, leave one on the server :P if you want the crawl answer, you'd have a 1/3 chance of getting 4 ;)

Mines Malingerer

Post Thursday, 13th November 2014, 21:47

Hirsch I wrote:how the hell did Trinity manage to get so mutated while following Zin?

"Hey shopkeep, i'd like to buy the black friday 50% off 30 meat rations special."

"Sure thing."

"What kind of meat is it?"

*Snickers* "Aye, this is finest pork meat". *Giggles*.

ACTAULLY IT WAS SKY BEAST MEAT

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Friday, 14th November 2014, 00:36

but, but... mutation immunity....
my posts are to be read in a mildly playful tone, with a deep, sexy voice.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Sunday, 16th November 2014, 19:14

kuniqs wrote:2) How do you divide 10 bucks between 3 people, in SQL, in a way that doesn't lose remainders? I've had such assignment in colledge and couldn't forget about it.

Give the first person $3.34 and the other two $3.33. You've just divided 10 dollars between 3 people without any remainder.
take it easy

Sar

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Sunday, 16th November 2014, 20:19

the correct answer is to give each one $3 and take $1 for your services as the intermediary

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner