Don't hit the bushes

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Blades Runner

Post Thursday, 16th October 2014, 14:13

Don't hit the bushes

So, I just started playing centaur Xomite and after dispatching a welcome cometee and gaining a level, decided to unleash my unresolved anger issues upon an innocent bush. I suppose Xom likes bushes more than centaurs.
Attachments
prscreen.png
prscreen.png (268.84 KiB) Viewed 3739 times

For this message the author Curio has received thanks: 4
Arrhythmia, Sandman25, Sar, Turukano

Zot Zealot

Post Thursday, 16th October 2014, 17:05

Candidate for hilarious deaths.

Spider Stomper

Post Friday, 17th October 2014, 00:35

Re: Don't hit the bushes

das cruel

Dungeon Master

Post Friday, 17th October 2014, 02:18

For this message the author brendan has received thanks: 2
Curio, duvessa

Snake Sneak

Post Friday, 17th October 2014, 07:21

brendan wrote:Players should lose because they screw up, not because we think it's funny that they lose.

Didn't the player screw up by worshipping Xom in the first place?

Zot Zealot

Post Friday, 17th October 2014, 08:04

SaidTheAlligatorKingToHisSon wrote:Didn't the player screw up by worshipping Xom in the first place?

I am not sure how you meant this post - but serious answer: no, he didn't.

Xom is the least desirable god when you want to win a game. But it's better to worship him than to play without god. And a TrCK, for example, might be easier than one of the hard species like felid.

Slime Squisher

Post Friday, 17th October 2014, 12:53

Turukano wrote:Xom is the least desirable god when you want to win a game. But it's better to worship him than to play without god.

Better in what way? Rarely a god is absolutely necessary to avoid death, but it is not unlikely to experience Xom's deadly sense of humor. I seriously doubt that one could get better win ratio with Xomites than with atheists.

The point is that Xom will probably make your game easier - on average. He will also make it more spiky and spikes of HPs going below zero are deadly.

For this message the author Bart has received thanks:
Sandman25

Abyss Ambulator

Post Friday, 17th October 2014, 15:34

Re:

Turukano wrote:
SaidTheAlligatorKingToHisSon wrote:Didn't the player screw up by worshipping Xom in the first place?

I am not sure how you meant this post - but serious answer: no, he didn't.

Xom is the least desirable god when you want to win a game. But it's better to worship him than to play without god.

Well... this CeHu might disagree. With no god he'd be not dead, which most people consider to be significantly better than dead. Xom is a lot of fun, but I think you'd end up with a better win average without him.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Friday, 17th October 2014, 15:44

Re:

Bart wrote:spikes of HPs going below zero are deadly.

really? I would never imagine. :lol:
my posts are to be read in a mildly playful tone, with a deep, sexy voice.

Snake Sneak

Post Saturday, 18th October 2014, 04:36

Re:

Bart wrote:it is not unlikely to experience Xom's deadly sense of humor. I seriously doubt that one could get better win ratio with Xomites than with atheists.

Case in point would be a recent HOCK I played that decided to quaff-id a potion of lignification (was looking for a consumable to use against Sigmund waiting downstairs if necessary), then Xom decides it would be good fun to plop an ice devil next to me. Time to roll another HOCK.

Snake Sneak

Post Saturday, 18th October 2014, 04:45

Re:

Bart wrote:
Turukano wrote:Xom is the least desirable god when you want to win a game. But it's better to worship him than to play without god.

Better in what way? Rarely a god is absolutely necessary to avoid death, but it is not unlikely to experience Xom's deadly sense of humor. I seriously doubt that one could get better win ratio with Xomites than with atheists.

The point is that Xom will probably make your game easier - on average. He will also make it more spiky and spikes of HPs going below zero are deadly.

That's spoilery.

But no, seriously, it is. Xom is a more difficult game - awesome. That doesn't mean that Xom ought to kill you for kicking a bush. You may cringe at this, but unavoidable deaths are not fun, especially when they happen to starting classes doing their thing.

If Xom is going to kill you without warning, he should be a later god.

Shit, Jiyva is placed deep in the dungeon, and Jiyva doesn't kill you without warning.

Since Xom is awesome and you are all Xom's teddy bears, the best course of action is to blunt his action and move one!

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 18th October 2014, 04:51

Dude, Brendan fixed it.
"Be aware that a lot of people on this forum, such as mageykun and XuaXua, have a habit of making things up." - minmay a.k.a. duvessa
Did I make a lame complaint? Check for Bingo!
Totally gracious CSDC Season 2 Division 4 Champeen!

Snake Sneak

Post Saturday, 18th October 2014, 06:12

And yet there is whining.

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner