Depths entrance

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 10th October 2014, 19:37

Depths entrance

The weirdest "welcome to Depths" party. 2 Shadow Fiends and Hellion and I have just been hellfired.

Halls Hopper

Post Friday, 10th October 2014, 19:52

Re: Depths entrance

Oh, good. You didn't want to win with that character anyway.

#sourgrapes

Blades Runner

Post Friday, 10th October 2014, 20:01

What the hell.
Hirsch I wrote:Also,are you calling me a power-gamer? this is highly offensive! now excuse me, I have to go back to my GrBe game, that I savescummed until trog gave me a Vampiric +9 claymore.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 10th October 2014, 20:07

Psiweapon wrote:What the hell.

Exactly my thought. Later it summoned Executioner (I am a Na) and Green Death who attacked me.

Abyss Ambulator

Post Friday, 10th October 2014, 20:16

That's got to be a bug right? That stuff would be out of depths for the Zot. Not to mention it's kinda lame that it's walled in like that. It's possible for no digging or disintegration to show up, although unlikely.

Sar

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 10th October 2014, 20:20

It's a Ziggurat entrance, you can see it in the middle. Liches are a part of the entrance vault and the reaver just decided to hang out and learn some new magic tricks, I guess.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 10th October 2014, 21:31

Not a bug. The vault having liches is intentional, as is them summoning through the iron bars.

Cocytus Succeeder

Post Friday, 10th October 2014, 21:39

duvessa wrote:Not a bug. The vault having liches is intentional, as is them summoning through the iron bars.

Okay, so what would you do in this situation?

Abyss Ambulator

Post Friday, 10th October 2014, 21:45

Are the fiends and the hellion actually placed in the vault or were they summoned by the lichees? They look like they have the "summoned" blob next to them.

IME liches aren't actually all that rare in Depths, there doesn't have to be a vault to see them.

Sar

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 10th October 2014, 21:58

Blinking out of LoS seems like a good idea. Reading fog, too. Maybe holy word.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 10th October 2014, 21:59

Magipi wrote:Okay, so what would you do in this situation?

If you can't handle them as-is, perhaps read ?tele upstairs then go down the stairs?
It's not like they're going anywhere

Although if you can't handle two liches at depths entrance, you're going to find a lot of things down there that are out of your comfort zone. (Possibly disint/dig + ?blink (or haste, or fog) + pound the heck out of them with your glaive would suffice, possibly without the ?blink or haste)

Running away (with blink or fog) would be fine too.
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 10th October 2014, 22:23

Magipi wrote:
duvessa wrote:Not a bug. The vault having liches is intentional, as is them summoning through the iron bars.

Okay, so what would you do in this situation?
I would press <. When I wanted to explore the level, I would come back, cast whatever spells upstairs, then press >, n, b, j, or something similar (hard to be specific when I know nothing about the character except that it has a good weapon and an awful race).

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 11th October 2014, 17:33

To clarify. Initially I was going to ignore 2 Liches after entering the level so I stepped 1 tile to west. One lich summoned Shadow Fiend, another Lich summoned Hellion. I moved back to stair, got hellfired and one of the liches summoned another Shadow Fiend. I escaped upstairs of course.
Next time I got Executioner and Green Death so I retreated again.
Next time I was luckier and could move out of LoS without any summons.
After clearing Depths 5 I hasted out of LoS and was going to kill them all but then there were 4 Liches inside the vault :shock: There was a permanent Rakshasa inside the ziggurat vault (it was teleported there I guess) and it cloned Lich before my first action in their LoS.
Any way I digged a killing hole and killed them all after disintegrating the wall. 4 Liches is surely lots of fun :)

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner